Time to admit it: Marrone>Ryan

Estelle Getty

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was Jim Schwartz's agent, I'd be clipping snippets of TBD from the past few weeks or so. Dude is obviously irreplaceable.

Maybe Schefter should even stop by and get some pro-Marrone stuff for his next "Names I'm hearing being discussed in front offices for potential head coaching vacancies" segment.

OP you are an idiot. Actually Roman>Gailey>Hackett

This is the best group of coaches the Bills have had since the early 90's. Fact

Have you seen Roman's play calling and under-utilization of Sammy and Clay? The play calling against Jacksonville, especially on that last drive? How stagnant they were against the Giants? Shall I continue? I would take Gailey at OC over Roman all day.

Have you seen Roman's play calling and under-utilization of Sammy and Clay? The play calling against Jacksonville, especially on that last drive? How stagnant they were against the Giants? Shall I continue? I would take Gailey at OC over Roman all day.

You are comparing Apples and Oranges. While Roman is our OC in title, in reality he is our run game coordinator, Lee and Lal coordinate our passing game.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2015/1/27/7920947/buffalo-bills-greg-roman-offense-david-lee-sanjay-lal-passing-game

I hated Gailey, he was great in flashes hardly consistent. Especially when it mattered.

While Rex Ryan asked to bring in Richie Incognito, Percy Harvin, and Tyrod Taylor. So he managed to do some good things, and had some good intentions. For a man who had a rep of building some great defenses..I'm think he is looking more and more like his brother rather then his father.

• Game management...stinks
  • Defense...stinks
  • Penalties...stinks
  • Special teams...stinks

WTF Happened to the defense? Lets face it, that everyone thought this years defense with this much talent would be the #1 defense in the league. Then if Jim Schwartz could field a unit that was #4 overall, and could lead the NFL in sacks. That Rex Ryan would surely shatter sack records this year.

The 2015 Buffalo Bills are currently 30th in sacks, and 30th in sack percentage, 30th in defensive hurries. So this tells me that Gilmore, Darby, Roby have to do so much more in coverage because this defense simply isn't getting very much pressure on the opposing QB.

What a freaking joke!! This team is currently 20th in total defense, 24th against the pass, 15th against the run, 9th in give/take. Rex Ryan was handed the keys to an exotic Bugatti Veyron, and turned it into a crappy near last place Prius.

Marrone was actually a better head coach. Its just his choice of OC was horrid, and his choice for DC's were near brilliant. At this point i don't know that Rex Ryan would even be a decent DC anymore.

This. I just don't get it. How can you turn a defense that was terroizing QBs last year & take basically the same personal & turn them into a defense that is 30th in sacks. Ryan is a chump. I was onboard with the hiring but not anymore. I have seen enough. I hope Pegs has the guts to fire his ass at the end of the year.

A little nugget to chew on. Last year, Bills won 3 games with a differential of less than 3 points. In each of those games, Carpenter was the difference maker because his FGs were needed for the wins. This year, Bills only have one win with a differential of less than 3 points, and Carpenter didn't attempt a FG in that game. But a handful of his XP & FG misses affected the playcalling after the misses, and you can argue that it helped swing the NE away game and certainly impacted the KC game.

If Carpenter kicks at the same level as last year, Bills have one more FG and 2 more XPs.

IIRC, each of Carpenter's missed XP's (last week, one against NYG, and I can't remember the other one...JAX?) forced us in to conversion scenarios which ultimately failed in games ultimately decided by a single score.

They've had a huge impact on close games.

IIRC, each of Carpenter's missed XP's (last week, one against NYG, and I can't remember the other one...JAX?) forced us in to conversion scenarios which ultimately failed in games ultimately decided by a single score.

Excellent point, Carpenter has not been reliable this year.

While I don't support what Carpenter did last week, it didn't matter all that much. It WOULD have mattered if we had been able to score on that last drive, which of course we couldn't. Or, if our D had not given up so many doggone points, but of course they did.

Same could be said for the Patsies** first game.

The whole team needs to play better for 1 missed extra point to matter.

But yeah, he should stop missing them.

Excellent point, Carpenter has not been reliable this year.

Here's what I'd like to know: what kind of TD's have proceeded missed XP's. We lead the league in touch downs of 20+ yards (by a considerable margin). There's good reason to believe he's not up warming up when the team scores from so far out. Has he missed following scores like these? And likewise, around the league, are misses coming after defensive or special teams touch downs? Scores which happen faster than the kicker can get physically/mentally ready for what is no longer a layup?

While I don't support what Carpenter did last week, it didn't matter all that much. It WOULD have mattered if we had been able to score on that last drive, which of course we couldn't. Or, if our D had not given up so many doggone points, but of course they did.

Same could be said for the Patsies** first game.

The whole team needs to play better for 1 missed extra point to matter.

But yeah, he should stop missing them.

We lost by 8. If he doesn't, we don't go for 2. If he makes that one, it's a six point game. I understand we then shat the bed on the final drive, but the scope of the game changes dramatically.

How exactly did Marrone destroy EJ's chances? Am pretty sure EJ's failings are his own.

I am firmly planted in the field that Marrone hated EJM.

The Houston game Doug gave EJ no help or protection. He wanted to make a point.

Maybe i am the only one who felt that way. But thats it. He wanted his own QB no matter and had EJM killed to get his way

Was never a fan of Gailey. Friend of mine worked for the bills - said all he ever did was play racquetball.

Horrid sport. Played it for years everyday.

Probably a Marxist too, with all those tomatoes in his garden

Stating your opinion and saying it's a fact, does not make it a fact.

wait, what? are you sure?

Whiskey tango foxtrot.

dump the payload

we are low on fuel.

I dont care where we are over nazi Germany. drop em