Robey Called for PI by the Same Crew as in London

26CornerBlitz

Robey flagged for same call by same crew

With two minutes left in the first half Bills CB Nickell Robey was flagged for pass interference on a play down the middle of the field when it appeared that Robey was trailing the Chiefs’ intended WR Jason Avant. The penalty cost the Bills 25 yards and set up 1st-and-10 for the Chiefs at the Buffalo 41-yard line. One play later Kansas City was in the end zone on a 41-yard pass play from Alex Smith to Jeremy Maclin. What was unfortunate was it was the same officiating crew that called him for pass inteference in Week 7 in London on a 3rd-and-15 play at the Jaguars 47-yard line that kept a Jacksonville drive alive, which led to the game-winning touchdown two plays later.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another crazy call. Couldn't believe it. They tried to show it on the screen and Robey couldn't even be seen in the shot.

Gannon was like yup there it is and there was a empty field on the screen with a quarter of a chiefs helmet in the bottom corner.

A couple times early in the game I thought I saw the ball spotted an extra yard from where the runner went out of bounds or was tackled. The did it for both teams we got at least 2 first downs because of it (I believe they were both Mccoy runs)

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

He tugged on the jersey with the ball in the air. They call the jersey tug all the time. Or was that a different one? It almost has to be as the one I am remembering was very obvious. But was in the lower left corner of the screen.

Edited by CodeMonkey

He tugged on the jersey with the ball in the air. They call the jersey tug all the time. Or was that a different one? It almost has to be as the one I am remembering was very obvious. But was in the lower left corner of the screen.

can a WR block a corner while the ball is in the air? I have seen it called both ways. Gannon seemed pretty excited about it and the Maclin push off saying they were great plays Edited by Not at the table Karlos

can a WR block a corner while the ball is in the air? I have seen it called both ways. Gannon seemed pretty excited about it and the Maclin push off saying they were great plays

I thought both the Robey call and the Maclin push off were pretty bad calls today. It cheeses me off to no end when there's a late flag like the Robey call and they either can't or don't show a replay.

can a WR block a corner while the ball is in the air? I have seen it called both ways. Gannon seemed pretty excited about it and the Maclin push off saying they were great plays

No.

Those were both uncalled penalties

The Robey call looked legit to me; he grabbed his jersey

bullsh*t call tired of seeing it, officiating is beyond words- every game league wide. Maclin pushing off and making a huge catch - wheres my god damn call ?? Their solution ? don't show replays of penalties. The league is run so poorly hard to keep watching and i used to LOVE football. They shouldnt be on the field it's all about $$$$$$$ they want that check.

Edited by CardinalScotts

I thought both the Robey call and the Maclin push off were pretty bad calls today. It cheeses me off to no end when there's a late flag like the Robey call and they either can't or don't show a replay.

They did show a replay of the Robey PI, and it was PI. No question about it. I know some people here prefer to blame officials rather than the Bills. But they can't in this game. This loss is on the Bills, particularly the coaching staff. It is what it is.

No more or less competent than in all other games is the correct answer.

Robby grabbed the guy's jersey.

If you total the blown calls/no calls vs the bills I'm confidant the sum is greater than any other team. I wouldn't doubt it if it's by a wide margin. Yes, the officiating league wide is awful, but the blown calls for/against the bills is completely lopsided

If you total the blown calls/no calls vs the bills I'm confidant the sum is greater than any other team. I wouldn't doubt it if it's by a wide margin. Yes, the officiating league wide is awful, but the blown calls for/against the bills is completely lopsided

Says a Bills fan. I strongly suspect you can find homer fans from the other .500 ish and worse teams that say the same thing about their team. You and others here see the games through red and blue colored glasses.