Now that this season is done, what's left for optimisim?

Virgil

When I look at this season, I see wins against the Colts, Miami (x@2) Titans, and Jets. None of those teams are worthy of extreme pride. Our best effort probably was against the Pats the second time. But that was a waste as it resulted in a loss and we couldn't carry it forward to the Chiefs. All teams lose on any given Sunday, but while we lost our upsets (Jags, Chiefs), we never got any our way.

Now, with 5 meaningless games left, what are you hoping to see? For me, I'm just in tryout mode for Tyrod. We need to know if he can be the guy for the future. I think he can be. No matter what, he's looked better than anyone in a decade at the position. Other than that, I'm not sure why I'm watching. We already know what the max potential is for this D and our offensive players. We saw the D last year while Sammy and Shady have also had their games. So seriously, what's left to find out.

And worse overall, we are only going to lose players this offseason while Rex and Roman will still be coaches here. He actually managed to not be any better this year than last with all of these acquisitions and I would argue that we are worse overall. Although the offense is slightly better, the defense is worse. Add in the debacle that is special teams, I think 9-7 or 8-8 is a huge step back based off of last years momentum.

In any case, talk about whatever you want. There is still mathmatical hope, yadda yadda yadda. It's not even December yet and we are done. It's just pathetic.

Going into the season, we hired a head coach with a losing record who just got fired. An offensive coordinator who was a joke in SanFran, let go the NFL's best Defensive Coordinator, and started a back-up QB. Sprinkle in Shady and Clay, I'm not sure why we expected differently.

Good season guys. Now I can look forward to the draft and the bull **** Rex tries to sell us about why next year will be different.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A shiny new QB :thumbsup:

Not picked by you.

Guys you liked:

Gabbert, Bortles, Talleywhacker, and an endless list of guys who are out of the league.

Guys you didn't like:

Newton, Winston.

Guys I'm not sure whether you liked or not:

Dalton, Wilson, Mariota, Geno.

I'll take someone you don't like. In fact because you don't like Taylor, maybe we should stick with him.

What the Bills need most is a leader. Often this is a QB, but they need a leader.

It is a long shot due with the loss but the 4 teams ahead of the Bills are not going to win out. I am not throwing in the towel on the season. Several games that they can win on the schedule. This can turn around in 3 weeks.

It is a long shot due with the loss but the 4 teams ahead of the Bills are not going to win out. I am not throwing in the towel on the season. Several games that they can win on the schedule. This can turn around in 3 weeks.

Oddly enough I think the way we are playing 4 wins are possible...unlikely but possible. I see the Redskins as a team with momentum and one we won't beat on the road. They are a big market team on the brink of the playoffs so we can count on 4 horrific calls in that game.

There's one in every crowd (thread). Laughable, but I salute your sustained optimism. Edited by BillnutinHouston

Tyrod Taylor looks a lot better when Roman is aggressive on early downs instead of run run pass. Let him make plays and see if he can do it. I got nothing else.

Next year this team needs to finds a QB to develop and find a new training staff that can keep more of these guys healthy. Every year team is made of glass. Please give Whaley another draft or two and even Ryan can coach this team into the playoffs.

The Buffalo Bills Need:

1. A new head coach.

2. A new quarterback.

The remaining games on the 2015 schedule will only further prove this.

It's time for a new GM who doesn't try to build a winner through defense. No one's winning that way unless they've got a competent QB. And at the game's most important the GM chose to stick with his draft pick until it was too late.

And why haven't the Pegula's hired someone from outside the organization to assess this franchise yet? After Polian turned them down nothing transpired on that front.

Edited by BillsVet

There's one in every crowd (thread). Laughable, but I salute your sustained optimism.

Nitro is right- there is slim chance. But given the loss today- even if we got in, we are not playoff material. Playoff teams can lose to pats in Foxboro, but letting a QB known for check down throws with 3rd stringers in front of him kill u deep is awful, not challenging Maclin catch on first TD, then challenging Woods incomplete then the last 3 plays a stupid coaching mess. Rex was out coached. D has regressed big time. When you start strong like that up 10, you don't let them out of a hole. We let them out of several bad situations.

Not picked by you.

Guys you liked:

Gabbert, Bortles, Talleywhacker, and an endless list of guys who are out of the league.

Guys you didn't like:

Newton, Winston.

Guys I'm not sure whether you liked or not:

Dalton, Wilson, Mariota, Geno.

I'll take someone you don't like. In fact because you don't like Taylor, maybe we should stick with him.

What the Bills need most is a leader. Often this is a QB, but they need a leader.

I appreciate that you are always thinking about me :wub:

Tyrod throws for 290 TDs with 3 TDs (none in garbage time) and runs for another 45 on 5 carries against a top ten defense (statistically - not just some BS opinion) on the road, and everyone is acting like QB is the number one problem. I can't believe the Bills finally have a QB worth developing, and everyone wants to run him out of town after 11 games.

And I can't wait to hear everyone tell me about Taylor not passing the "eye test" because he basically doesn't remind them of Tom Brady.