If the 'Skins cut RGIII this offseason would you want him?

dayman

The Jury is still out on Kap. He has regressed badly but still has skills. We now know he was playing with a torn non-throwing shoulder and never once used it as an excuse.

That said he will still be with San Fran next year. Too much of a cap hit. And if he is cut he will only go where he has a chance to start, Jets, St. Louis, Texans, Browns et al.

I want no part of RGIII. Though better athletically than EJ (and I was a big EJ supporter), he has the same or worse flaws as a passer.

If TT plays well down the stretch then just go into next year with TT and EJ. They need OL, DL, and LB help more than a rookie QB.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, he is a foot taller than almost every person on the sidelines. He probably has to bend his knees to talk to McDaniels. Only guy he looks up to is Gronk.

That's probably it. I'll look at some pics again (while holding my nose). In the end, it sort of supports what I was saying, except that Brady is not such an anomaly and more in the mold of the classic QB. Still, there's something odd about him.

Yeah, provided the contract is structured favorable to us, I'll try anything

If he can consider himself a BU to TT and willing to put in the work? then i dont have an issue. some one is going to pick him up

LOL He seems short when watching him play. Maybe he just has even taller linemen!

Or Tyrod is very very short ?

I don't mind taking a guy who failed, like RG3 or Kaep, as a #2, with a drafted QB at #3.

sounds fine

nope.

RG's problem seems to be that he doesnt want to change. He doesnt want to learn. He just wants to play like the fabled RGIII. He only wants to succeed and be famous if he can do it as "RGIII."

Odd, because he is reportedly smart. Graduated high school in 3 years. I dont know why he doesnt want to put in the work to change..

No. Griffin desperately needs a change of scenary. But Taylor has a better feel for the pro game and Griffin will never be the quarterback he was his rookie year as injuries have limited his mobility and speed. He was a terror as a rookie with his running and scrambling, which helped his overall game. You can thank Mike Shanahan for the come down.

That's not something that would be likely, but it would depend on RG3. Would he be willing to earn his place here or would he expect to come in already set as the starter? His game is similar to Taylor's and neither would be likely to last through a season healthy. Having both fight it out to be starter couldn't hurt and having two similar QBs on the roster would be great.

But I don't see RG3 having that humility or reacting well if he was the backup. He hasn't dedicated himself to his craft in Washington - even after losing the stating job there - and I'd need convinced that he was ready to do that here. So, in short, I wouldn't be interested unless he was a changed man - and that's unlikely.

That's not something that would be likely, but it would depend on RG3. Would he be willing to earn his place here or would he expect to come in already set as the starter? His game is similar to Taylor's and neither would be likely to last through a season healthy. Having both fight it out to be starter couldn't hurt and having two similar QBs on the roster would be great.

But I don't see RG3 having that humility or reacting well if he was the backup. He hasn't dedicated himself to his craft in Washington - even after losing the stating job there - and I'd need convinced that he was ready to do that here. So, in short, I wouldn't be interested unless he was a changed man - and that's unlikely.

I'm no longer a Griffin fan and don't believe the Bills should pursue him, but how has he not dedicated himself? He's been physically ruined by one coach and publicly abused by his current coach and by the press. The Redskins have attempted to totally change his game, which is difficult for someone who's never been a pocket passer and has had limited opportunity, because of injuries and benchings, to adapt to being one. Griffin has dedicated himself to once again become healthy. But the Redskins, understandably, will not play him because if they do and he gets injured they'll have to pay him a big, upcoming bonus even if they intend to rid themselves of him, which is clearly the plan. You appear to have swilled the generously poured Kool Aid about this guy. He needs a new start but it shouldn't be in Buffalo. He also needs to get a break from being made out to be something he's, by the facts and circumstances as we know them, not.