Spinning our Wheels - some 10 game stats

After 10 games:

2014: 5-5

2015: 5-5

2014: 190 points scored

2015: 244 points scored (5.4 more points per game)

2014: 204 points allowed

2015: 227 points allowed (2.3 more points allowed per game)

2014: 3206 total yards on offense

2015: 3403 (an average of about 20 more yards per game)

2014: 3116 total yards allowed from scrimmage

2015: 3502 (an average of almost 40 yards more allowed per game)

2014 (full season): 64 penalty yards/game

2015: (10 games): 85 penalty yards/game

Net of (Offensive yards gained) - (Defensive yards allowed) - (Penalty differential):

2014: -20

2015: -359

We had a very, very active offseason.

Never confuse activity with achievement. --John Wooden

*Note: I prorated the penalty differential per game (over ten games) for 2014 since I didn't feel like looking back at game logs.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

This is the easier third of our season though. We really should go 4-1 the rest of the way.

Dallas and Philly look like Ws right now. KC and Houston, kind of pick 'em, so you'd like to get 1 out of 2. Redskins are impossible to gauge - based on last week, we certainly look better. Jets seem to be fading, but may bounce back again ... that ones at home, so I feel good about it. The problem is we likely need to go 5-1, so there's very little margin for error. Beating KC is critical since they are now the best competition for that wild card, but watch out for Houston with that cushy divisional schedule too (at least they still have the Pats).

Dallas and Philly look like Ws right now. KC and Houston, kind of pick 'em, so you'd like to get 1 out of 2. Redskins are impossible to gauge - based on last week, we certainly look better. Jets seem to be fading, but may bounce back again ... that ones at home, so I feel good about it. The problem is we likely need to go 5-1, so there's very little margin for error. Beating KC is critical since they are now the best competition for that wild card, but watch out for Houston with that cushy divisional schedule too (at least they still have the Pats).

Yeah I was just omitting the KC game because that is not an easy one at all. It's a toss up.

I think the Jets are probably toast by week 17. Houston is okay but at home that better be a win. Cowboys out of it with Cassel in Buffalo in the cold second last week of the season should be an easy win although of course nothing is for sure in the NFL. Philly is in total disarray and look like they have given up. We really just need to take care of business in games we should win. This week will be a dogfight.

And here's my unasked question: is this year's team better going into Game 11 than last year's team was going into Game 11?

I think you can see how I'd answer that question ...

I think we are substantially better because our offense sucked last year and couldn't be counted on. Our coaching was worse. Our running game was worse. Our QBing was worse. The defense was better of course. I think this years team would go 10-6 against last years team, as long as TT was playing. It's possible that EJ v EJ would be a loss for both teams.

I think we are substantially better because our offense sucked last year and couldn't be counted on. Our coaching was worse. Our running game was worse. Our QBing was worse. The defense was better of course. I think this years team would go 10-6 against last years team, as long as TT was playing. It's possible that EJ v EJ would be a loss for both teams.

:D That could be the worst sci-fi movie ever. EJ vs. his replicant.

EDIT: crap. That was my 1,000th post. I really should have saved that for something profound.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

Alex Smith, Hoyer, Bradford/Sanchez, Cousins, Cassel, Fitzpatrick. All are worse than the Qb's the Bills have lost too. Tyrod out plays them I think the Bills go at worst 10-6. He doesn't then keep searching because the guy we got isn't good enough to beat average to below average guys.

I don't envision any upcoming game as an easy game except for Dallas now that Romo is done. Both KC & Houston have a top ten defense so neither looks like it will be an easy game.

It really all depends on which defense / QB shows up for every game. Will we see the defense that played the Patriots in week two or the one in week 10? Same with Taylor, and will we see the QB that played well against Patriots in the first game or the one against the Patriots in week 11. Will this team keep the penalties down to a survivable number? Will this offense ever get Sammy Watkins more involved in the offense? So many maybes, and If's

Losing to NE the Bills slipped from the 5th seed to the 8th behind Pitt, KC, and Houston. Every game is a playoff game now.

Edited by Nihilarian

I feel like we've progressed from last season. Its more important to have a high powered offense and a decent defense than the other way around anymore.

And Im not saying that we have a high powered O right now at all, but it seems to be trending that way if we can eventually put it together. Last season, nobody was mistaking that offense for one that could take over a game or make plays when they needed to.

This is the easier third of our season though. We really should go 4-1 the rest of the way.

Not so fast - KC and Houston are playing really good right now. And when we cant beat Jax then its cause for concern. PS theres 6 games left- if we win one of those 2 then we are OK because the rest of the way is favorable.

All the prognosticators look backward. It's like driving down the Thruway with your windshield blocked with snow and you're only means of navigation is your rear-view mirror.

Coaches look forward and take the games one at a time. That's how they're played. Beat the team in front of you, each week. Each week it's a new challenge that's unique. Last time I looked we're playing the 2015 schedule and we aren't going to replay the 2014 schedule in well, like forever.

Edited by Nanker