Playoff Machine is up. Have fun

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know 5 in a row is unlikely, but not impossible. You have to look at who they played, and what were the injuries. These are three upcoming weak teams. They can beat us any week, but we certainly can match up well against each one of them. The most dangerous game to me is Washington. They play well at home, and look better than Philly and Dallas.

I know 5 in a row is unlikely, but not impossible. You have to look at who they played, and what were the injuries. These are three upcoming weak teams. They can beat us any week, but we certainly can match up well against each one of them. The most dangerous game to me is Washington. They play well at home, and look better than Philly and Dallas.

Yea it's possible they win out. If you give them a 60% chance to win in each of their last 4 games (which may be optimistic in some cases, pessimistic in others), then the chance of winning all four is roughly 13% (.6 ^ 4). The chance of winning 3 of 4 would be 35% ((.6 ^ 3 * .4 ) * 4). That leaves a 52% chance the Bills win two or less, which would most likely not be good enough to make playoffs. Obviously depending on what odds you give the Bills in each individual game, the combined odds would differ.

The perfect week:

Bills win

Bengals win

Denver wins

Texans win (hurts NE* and we have the head to head)

I would like that only to see the Pats slip in the seeding and have to play on the road in the playoffs, unless they slip far enough to host a WC game.

I see no need to sugar coat it. Worst case scenario is that the Bills lose. Nothing worst than that. Loose and stay home.

After that the only thing left that is to play the craziest scenarios on the machine to keep them in contention.

The perfect week:

Bills win

Bengals win

Denver wins

Texans win (hurts NE* and we have the head to head)

Any team that has any possibility of beating the Bills for the WC I want to see lose. The Texans fit that bill.

The perfect week should include Titans and Chargers wins over the Jets and Chiefs.

Any team that has any possibility of beating the Bills for the WC I want to see lose. The Texans fit that bill.

The perfect week should include Titans and Chargers wins over the Jets and Chiefs.

that would make it perfect.

If the Pats Win and the JETS Lose, the Pats clinch the division. So, not so perfect after all.

So I'm thinking the Johnny Manziel era is starting exactly at the right time, as he brings a little late season magic to that team.

Our path to the playoffs is still quite easy, even if it is unlikely. If nothing else, a loss by Pittsburgh to the Broncos next weeks keeps us one game and an exciting week 17 away from the playoffs.

Pittsburgh loses to Denver week 15

Bills win week 15 and 16

Jets lose to Patriots (as they should)

If these three scenarios happen, we are playing Jets week 17 with playoffs on the line, rooting for Johnny to upset the Steelers, and we're in!

I went and set the criteria to win %age (I feel it's the most accurate)...

Assuming the Bills win out (I know, I know), here's what we need:

Denver over Pittsburgh in Week 15

Pittsburgh to lose one of their two final road games (at Baltimore in Week 16 or at Cleveland in Week 17).

So basically PIttsburgh-Denver is the big game other than Buffalo-Washington this week.

I went and set the criteria to win %age (I feel it's the most accurate)...

Assuming the Bills win out (I know, I know), here's what we need:

Denver over Pittsburgh in Week 15

Pittsburgh to lose one of their two final road games (at Baltimore in Week 16 or at Cleveland in Week 17).

So basically PIttsburgh-Denver is the big game other than Buffalo-Washington this week.

Dear lord, you guys are crazy.