A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

**The D came to play, hitting *marsha in the mouth early and often, getting him and the *cheats frustrated

**The Offense has too many 3 and outs at the wrong time

**Roman needs to call more power run plays and stop looking for seams on the hashes all the time, those plays take a while to develop and when diagnosed, rarely work

**TT was inaccurate all night and Roman called too many deep balls in the 3rd AGAINST the wind and none with the wind in the 4th???

**I absolutely loved getting in *marsha's head and the way he threw a tantrum because of it

**Rex had a plan, the D stopped their consecutive scoring streak, *marsha only had 1 td for the 1st time this season. Minus some coverage mistakes by Duke and miscommunication by Mario on TD to White they played really well

**Leodis killed em with that fumble

**It amazes me that the fanbase knew for the past 11 days that the refs would affect the outcome of this game without a doubt and it unfolded right before our eyes tonight....atrocious

**Win or Lose they're gonna be feeling that game for the next few weeks, both teams

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Question on last play when Watkins was called in. It's a no brainer now, but even if not would work have been better off if he just cut and run up field, rather than setup Hail Mary? I've seen guys like sammy, beckham, brown, etc...exploit little seams between Defenders take it to the house. Still not easy with secondary in prevent , but my question is that preferred to Hail Mary?

Edited by JTSP

- So as I sit here my wife went to bed without speaking to me, still pissed after my involuntary screeching F-bomb laced mental breakdown at the end of the half in front of her and my kids. Watched the 2nd half in self-imposed seclusion in another room. Sigh. I hate the god damn Patriots**

What were you doing at my house?

they showed it during the halftime quick highlights if I remember right, he had a hanfull of jersey and pulled a bit

Are you sure that was the play to which I referred? I really thought that the ref announced "before the snap, holding." I was wondering how this is possible. I suppose with the Pats, any penalty to the opposing team is possible.

Are you sure that was the play to which I referred? I really thought that the ref announced "before the snap, holding." I was wondering how this is possible. I suppose with the Pats, any penalty to the opposing team is possible.

well it ended with a rambo pick and return, which only happened once as far as I know

6) If Cujo is healthy, I want him starting, maybe he's not better than Henderson, but I get the feeling Henderson doesn't care about football, just a guy with ability to play the sport (I have no proof of this)

Cujo is pretty bad, but at least he seems to care. Henderson has a ton of ability. I knew this the first time I saw him play.

Henderson let the team down and placed TT in danger in this game.

- Shady dropped TD. It was well defended thanks to an excellent recovery by McCourty, but it should have been a catch. That led to...

Here I disagree. That was a beautiful throw, beautiful "catch," beautiful breakup. Just good football all around. The loss hurts, but there were some terrific plays from players on both teams. The Watkins catch and the Gilmore breakup are two more that come to mind.

Need one of you guys that has some technical abilities to find a "gif" and get it up here- in the first half Brady was pressured and three a third down incompletion- Hughes had been the one who pressured him and they were exchanging pleasantries as the play ended-

Suddenly Marcia flipped out and went running at Gene Sterratore pointing at Hughes - he was crying and whining about something but it was funny- "he called me a name" or something- it was just the ultimate example of Marcia whining and of course another official allowing himself to be berated by Brady-

someone find that "gif"

From my standpoint the Bills looked almost like a playoff team last night. They went into hostile territory in primetime and matched an undefeated dynasty punch for punch. They lost because of: (i) an inexperienced QB who is going to look uneven from time to time; (ii) a horrid right tackle; (iii) an offensive coordinator with zero situational awareness; (iv) the usual bizarre and one-sided NFL officiating; and (v) the Patriots simply made plays and the Bills didn't when it mattered. Of all of these - (v) was the real difference. Make the plays and we win. As bad as the offensive coaching was - the plays were there and the players simply have to execute them.

That said - while the officiating isn't why we lost - the NFL has a SERIOUS officiating problem. Does it care?

From my standpoint the Bills looked almost like a playoff team last night. They went into hostile territory in primetime and matched an undefeated dynasty punch for punch. They lost because of: (i) an inexperienced QB who is going to look uneven from time to time; (ii) a horrid right tackle; (iii) an offensive coordinator with zero situational awareness; (iv) the usual bizarre and one-sided NFL officiating; and (v) the Patriots simply made plays and the Bills didn't when it mattered. Of all of these - (v) was the real difference. Make the plays and we win. As bad as the offensive coaching was - the plays were there and the players simply have to execute them.

That said - while the officiating isn't why we lost - the NFL has a SERIOUS officiating problem. Does it care?

DId you watch the game? It was a morgue. A poster said he was at the game and it was so quiet.

Taylor: has to go. He can't pressure a team deep, especially over the middle. Bellichick game planned totally around containing the run and defending from 15 yards and in. And he can't feel pressure coming from his right side and gets blasted at the worst times. Get him out, ceiling is too low. He can't take us far.

2-minute offense: do we even have one?

Hughes: had a nice game both in coverage and getting pressure. And miraculously no PFs

Officiating: no blaming them this time. If anything it netted slightly in our favor

Overall: we're a sloppy team, they're not. That's a glimpse of how a real champ plays.

I agree re Hughes - he was a monster and to be honest has been better than the numbers suggest all year. The officiating was some of the worst I have ever witnessed but it would be hard to claim that they stopped us winning. They were dreadful for both teams.

I think your overall point is correct too. We are still a team that makes too many mistakes and the Patriots don't make them. That is the bottom line.

On Tyrod I just know this.... if he is done for the year we may well end up 5-11 or 6-10 and in position to draft one of the top QBs in this draft and if we are then we should. Tyrod is a serviceable placeholder. He is not THE guy.

Taylor: has to go. He can't pressure a team deep, especially over the middle. Bellichick game planned totally around containing the run and defending from 15 yards and in. And he can't feel pressure coming from his right side and gets blasted at the worst times. Get him out, ceiling is too low. He can't take us far.

2-minute offense: do we even have one?

Hughes: had a nice game both in coverage and getting pressure. And miraculously no PFs

Officiating: no blaming them this time. If anything it netted slightly in our favor

Overall: we're a sloppy team, they're not. That's a glimpse of how a real champ plays.

You are out of your mind on essentially all points here

What were you doing at my house?

Hilarious, could have said the same thing about my house!

Greenie from Mike & Mike does, he was very upset about the officiating this morning, particularly the lost two seconds gaffe at the end.

Greenie from Mike & Mike does, he was very upset about the officiating this morning, particularly the lost two seconds gaffe at the end.

Id also heard someone say it was the correct call becauae Watkins moved backwards as he was going to the ground. I'm not sure. Like I said earlier I would have preferred he try to cut it up field and take our chances that way vs a hail Mary Edited by JTSP