I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

baby steps. He threw over the middle with anticipation (Clay drop) and evaded the rush and still threw the ball downfield (right side to Sammy and the Woods slip in the end zone)

Nice TD to Woods (who is driving me crazy) and developing chemistry with his go to guy Sammy.

All this against a good defense.

So far so good.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He threw 3 TD passes - maybe he was asked to help win the game with his arm.

A 3 yard TD, a 2 yard TD, and a throw to a wide open uncovered receiver. The Woods throw was fantastic, but the other two were unspectacular as NFL quarterbacks are expected to his guys running wide open in space, and the Watkins throw came out very late.

He was only asked to throw the ball 21 times, and the game plan was very clearly to use the run to set up the pass.

So no, we wasn't asked to, nor did he, win the game with his arm.

He did an excellent job of managing the game, and took strides by actually using the middle of the field. As I said, probably his best game of the year, and in a huge spot. I was very encouraged by what I saw today.

You think he was great today? Unsurprising.

I think was an efficient 11/21. He played well with the lead for almost the entire game, and wasn't asked to win the game with his arm. He also made a few throws that have not been a part of his game, working over the middle of the field at least 3 times in big spots, including the drop by Clay.

Still, he had his flaws, as he always does.

Bottom line: Probably his best game of the year, and in a huge spot. More good then bad today, which speaks to an excellent game plan by Roman, and an even better job by the offensive line who bullied Houston in the run game in the first half, which allowed Tyrod to be limited in his throws, and manage the game.

He was very fortunate that two pick-sixes were dropped, but he also endured two major mistakes by his receivers (Woods and Clay).

The book on Tyrod hasn't changed, and for the most part we saw the same guy we always see. We simply saw his best version of himself today.

goalposts_zps4f0bcdaf.gif

I think was an efficient 11/21. He played well with the lead for almost the entire game, and wasn't asked to win the game with his arm. He also made a few throws that have not been a part of his game, working over the middle of the field at least 3 times in big spots, including the drop by Clay.

Bottom line: Probably his best game of the year, and in a huge spot. More good then bad today, which speaks to an excellent game plan by Roman, and an even better job by the offensive line who bullied Houston in the run game in the first half, which allowed Tyrod to be limited in his throws, and manage the game.

He was very fortunate that two pick-sixes were dropped, but he also endured two major mistakes by his receivers (Woods and Clay).

The book on Tyrod hasn't changed, and for the most part we saw the same guy we always see. We simply saw his best version of himself today.

Pray tell, Promo, where am I shifting the goal posts?

A 3 yard TD, a 2 yard TD, and a throw to a wide open uncovered receiver. The Woods throw was fantastic, but the other two were unspectacular as NFL quarterbacks are expected to his guys running wide open in space, and the Watkins throw came out very late.

He was only asked to throw the ball 21 times, and the game plan was very clearly to use the run to set up the pass.

So no, we wasn't asked to, nor did he, win the game with his arm.

He did an excellent job of managing the game, and took strides by actually using the middle of the field. As I said, probably his best game of the year, and in a huge spot. I was very encouraged by what I saw today.

Maybe I should have just said that phrases like ' managing the game' 'not asked to win the game with his arm' .... cliches used by announcers , reporters and some fans really make little or no sense in analyzing a game. Taylor is expected to win the game many different ways, WR are expected to help with the game with receptions, blocking..., When Taylor throws deep to Waktins, is that just managing the game because he's not Andrew Luck?

He should have kicked Gragg in the stones when he 100% whiffed on Clowney.

maybe post game. Good call though. Gragg is sucky at blocking and sometimes catches something.

So he needs to be waay better at blocking. just like Felton does

awesome

I third that

Awesome Promo!!

My Man Promo !!

Anyone see him chirp at Gragg to get him set

Love things about Tyrod that have nothing to do with his own personal performance.....

Lead them young man lead them

Also, Tyrod talking to Carpenter after the missed kick and talking to Hughes after the KC loss. Tyrod knows how to lead. The dude just gets it.

I'm glad to see the team and most of the fans are committed to Tyrod because he's earned it.

I think you're crazy. Look at the league right now...we are getting above avg. QB play from a kid in his first season of starting. I haven't been this excited about a QB since the Doug Flutie days. Yes. I went there. Screw you, Rob Johnson.

Pray tell, Promo, where am I shifting the goal posts?

Sorry for dropping that on you. You certainly aren't the only one mining for flaws in TT's game. I just find it humorous how we went from pre-season praying for a QB who wouldn't puke all over himself to splitting hairs over how good touchdown throws were. No one does that with Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston, Brock Osweiller, Derek Carr, Blake Bortles, etc. I get why. We analyze every twitch our players make. But a little perspective would be nice.

Sorry for dropping that on you. You certainly aren't the only one mining for flaws in TT's game. I just find it humorous how we went from pre-season praying for a QB who wouldn't puke all over himself to splitting hairs over how good touchdown throws were. No one does that with Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston, Brock Osweiller, Derek Carr, Blake Bortles, etc. I get why. We analyze every twitch our players make. But a little perspective would be nice.

no sh==

The guy has freaking 17 TD's and 4 INT's.

The guy has freaking 17 TD's and 4 INT's. The people on this site who are still overly critical of Taylor are entering the Scientology realm of looney.

My problem is that while mining for those flaws.......a game (or two) will come along that shows that it is not in fact a flaw and that TT can in fact do what the miners are bitching about

I am specificially talking about Tyrods throws to the middle of the field....of which he had some beauties today

My problem is that while mining for those flaws.......a game (or two) will come along that shows that it is not in fact a flaw and that TT can in fact do what the miners are bitching about

I am specificially talking about Tyrods throws to the middle of the field....of which he had some beauties today

he has shown his flaws. But i might guess he is working on them with G Ro. he tossed some beauties today. and his heart is undeniable