I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

My point was just that there is an alternative to drafting, which you said was the only way. Sure, some of them were acquired in trades, but none of them were drafted by the team they played the best for. We should be on the look out and try to trade for someone who has had success at the NFL level and now seems to have issues like a neck problem or a shoulder injury or on the outs with his team for some reason. In the off season we'll see what happens.

And draft somebody. Leave no stone unturned is my point.

Actually, you were responding to Beerball, not me.

His point is that franchise QBs don't hit the open market, and that's largely true barring career-threatening injuries.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, you were responding to Beerball, not me.

His point is that franchise QBs don't hit the open market, and that's largely true barring career-threatening injuries.

Ooops !! Sorry.

While true in many cases, far from true in all cases. Leave no stone unturned. Don't pigeon-hole yourself into one strategy. Stakes are too high for that.

Gonna have to eat more fish. That memory doesn't work so well.

My names not bf4e. I did enjoy laughing at the overly emotional anti ej crowd fwiw.

You guys can go all fanboy on Tyrod, me I'll just be missing the playoffs again.

There's always next year. I'm sure Tyrod will do better or he will choke at the hands of Belichek some more.

FTR - I no longer respond to Metz

It does seem that a certain number of people (excluding Chan) who claim EJ can not play at all re getting very defensive about criticism of Mr Taylor.

TT -

Complete games -- Colts (edited moved Miami #1) Miami #2

Almost Complete games -- Miami #1 * 3rd QRT no points

Bad Start, strong finish -- NE #1 * opening drive good, the rest :bag:

Bad Start, bad finish -- JETS #1 * ZIP in the 1st and 4th QTR - almost let that game slip away

Great Start, bad finish -- KC

Bad game throughout -- NY Giants, followed directly another @ Tennessee but with a better 2nd half, NE #2 * a TD in the 3rd QTR

EJ -

Almost Complete games -- Cincinnati * 3rd QRT no points, TD QTR 1, 2, 4

Bad Start strong finish -- JAX - strong 4th QRT even with the Shady fumble at the 4 yard line

EDITED based on critiques

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

FTR - I no longer respond to Metz

It does seem that a certain number of people (excluding Chan) who claim EJ can not play at all re getting very defensive about criticism of Mr Taylor.

TT -

Complete games -- Colts, Miami #1 * 3rd QRT no points, Miami #2

Bad Start, strong finish -- NE #1 * opening drive good, the rest :bag:

Bad Start, bad finish -- JETS #1 * ZIP in the 1st and 4th QTR - almost let that game slip away

Great Start, bad finish -- KC

Bad game throughout -- NY Giants, followed directly another @ Tennessee but with a better 2nd half, NE #2 * a TD in the 3rd QTR

EJ -

Complete games -- Cincinnati * 3rd QRT no points, TD QTR 1, 2, 4

Bad Start strong finish -- JAX - strong 4th QRT even with the Shady fumble at the 4 yard line

lol, complete game Cincy.

Edited by FireChan

Yes, they do.

Peyton Manning

Drew Brees

Kurt Warner

Carson Palmer

Jay Cutler

Alex Smith

Matt Hasselbeck (definitely franchise in mid 2000s)

Randall Cunningham (took Vikings to NFC Championship late in career. Vikings lost due to missed FGs, several)

Brett Favre (took Vikings to NFC Championship late in career.)

Steve Young

Brad Johnson

Please. I can go back and give reasons for each and when you go back to Steve Young and include Cutler and Johnson I don't think I have to.

To me that is the huge problem

"EJ Sucks" I take that to mean.....someone thinks he sucks. Tyrod Taylor does NOT suck.....when a QB is of starting caliber...that does not mean that they are a franchise QB....it means they are not a backup...it means that he sits in a group of qbs that are worthy of starting....but not a upper echelon type QB

That is is where Tyrod sits for now.....and all the disecting the hell out of his weaknesses is not going to change that becuase there simply is not enough "starting qbs" or "pretty good" qbs to go around for 32 nfl teams

We some some pretty bad qbing tonight on Monday Night Football...that was a good example

If someone wants to say "Tyrod Taylor is not a franchise QB"....a statement like that will draw a lot less anguish from me because that may well be true

Tyrod Taylor is a good QB who might still have some "ceiling" left to him

Well, I guess it depends on what people mean by "sucks." Some people might argue that Kyle Orton was just barely good enough to get a team into the playoffs (which he had done), and was clearly not among the worst starters in the NFL last year, hence he didn't "suck". Others might say that every QB not in the first tier (traditionally the Brady-Peyton-Rodgers-Brees group) or the second tier (Ben-Cam-Wilson-Eli, a few others) "sucks". It is not unusual to hear Bengals fans say Dalton sucks, or KC (and before that Niners) fans say the same of Alex Smith, or Dolphins fans say of Tannehill It's shorthand for "he can QB a winning team, but he'll never take you to the promised land ". And my feeling is that Tyrod, unless he improves a lot in his 2nd season, will meet that definition of "sucks" (which is of course not the same as the Brandon Weeden meaning of suckitude). So ... I'm ok with it. Just a little excursion into modern sports fan slang ...

Please. I can go back and give reasons for each and when you go back to Steve Young and include Cutler and Johnson I don't think I have to.

Reasons for what?

With the exception of Carson Palmer (so far) all of them have gotten to at least the conference championship and weren't drafted by that team. what's your point? You wouldn't want any of them because they weren't drafted by the team that they had success with?

The original premise was that the only way you get a franchise QB is by drafting him. I just pointed out exceptions.

Reasons for what?

With the exception of Carson Palmer (so far) all of them have gotten to at least the conference championship and weren't drafted by that team. what's your point? You wouldn't want any of them because they weren't drafted by the team that they had success with?

The original premise was that the only way you get a franchise QB is by drafting him. I just pointed out exceptions.

When I said QBs hitting the open market the meaning was getting released or having their contract run out. The way to get a good QB is to draft a good QB. If you want Cutler via trade then more power to you. The one on your list that the Bills should have made a stronger run at was Smith.

The one on your list that the Bills should have made a stronger run at was Smith.

Ah the 2013 version of Trent Edwards...Check down check down...wait why are we wasting roster spots for WRs?? Should have more backs to check down to or toss screen passes to

lol, complete game Cincy.

Yes, as complete as the indicated Miami game.

I understand that not every offensive drive will be successful and 1 or 2 will stall out and 4 "stalls" in a row is not good. On the other side even with a dominant D not every drive will keep points off of the board.

7 points per QRT is what many would consider a complete game.

No critique on any of the TT games that I listed? Was I far off?

Yes, as complete as the indicated Miami game.

I understand that not every offensive drive will be successful and 1 or 2 will stall out and 4 "stalls" in a row is not good. On the other side even with a dominant D not every drive will keep points off of the board.

7 points per QRT is what many would consider a complete game.

He didn't score a point in the third. And he only scored in the 4th against prevent D because we were down a billion and the game was over. Meant as much as a preseason TD.

I'd like to keep this about Taylor but is someone suggesting that Manuel played as well in the Cincinnati game as Taylor played in ether of the Miami games? I would disagree with that.

I don't think it was the point, more like a complete game, no stretches of awful play or anything like that.

He didn't score a point in the third. And he only scored in the 4th against prevent D because we were down a billion and the game was over. Meant as much as a preseason TD.

I gave TT credit for the same against Miami, ergo to be fair the same has to go to EJ.

Soooo I should edit it for when the Patriots were in a prevent in the 1st TT game ergo the 19 points don't count. Ugly the whole game... Got it.

Back to IGNORE mode Chan ... BYE

I gave TT credit for the same against Miami, ergo to be fair the same has to go to EJ.

Soooo I should edit it for when the Patriots were in a prevent in the 1st TT game ergo the 19 points don't count. Ugly the whole game... Got it.

Back to IGNORE mode Chan ... BYE

You could've. I wouldn't have disputed it, even if I disagreed. The final 7 would've counted the most.

Although, tbh BF4E, I think the "complete game" criteria is a little flawed. is a QB who puts up 28 in the 1st Q then no points for the rest of the game, worse than a QB who puts up 7 in 3 separate quarters? Seems like there's lots of room for interpretation.

Edited by FireChan