Today's 1 PM Games Were Perfect...

As a rule I want NFC teams over AFC teams that we can either catch or can catch us

1) that is a great rule. Also a rule I follow.

2) another rule: I can generally NEVER root for the other AFC East teams, unless they are playing the Pats or somehow the outcome of that one game impacts us

Beating the Pats tomorrow will let us take a deep breath.

A win tomorrow night would have me feeling VERY good. 6-4 with a head to head remaining against two possible challengers in IF and Houston, and the tiebreaker already obtained over NYJ and Indy. That's how you get in position to control your own destiny

I don't like the fact that kc and Houston are suddenly playing great right before we face them. I don't see how that is any good. We also need dallas to keep tanking so they have nothing to play for when we face them.

They're playing well, but KC has beaten the Landry Jones led Steelers, Lions, and Chargers. The performance against Denver was solid, but aided for sure by Manning's 5 INT implosion--they only had 303 yards of offense.

The same kind of holds true for Houston. After Miami ripped them up, they have beaten Tennessee and the Jets, who are seemingly falling apart themselves. But they did have a good defensive performance against Cinci on MNF.

I think you're right...gotta admire his toughness, but it just isn't smart to not slide and take hits like that instead.

Guts or insanity announcers were not sure what he showed on the 6 yard QB run for TD where he attacked safety Pleasant going thru him for TD rather than trying to dodge or run away, takes a shot RBs usually take, gets hit by other players and gets TD losing helmet. You can see him staggering after hit to head. Pleasant was same player who intercepted him.

Puts a fair bit of pressure on the Bills for a W against KC and Houston.

Yes, though that's better than one alternative. If the Bills hadn't done their job vs MIA and NYJ, it would have put a fair but of pressure on them to beat NE. I wouldn't like their chances. They earned a mulligan for this one. Then they can take care of their own business and not need outside help. That's not a bad scenario .

I agree, it would be nice to see someone distance themselves in that division via the others losing.

The NFC East is shaping up like the division with the 7-9 winner this year.

KC is looking like the Bills biggest road block to the 6 seed.

The Bills could lose in NE, win in KC and still be in the 6 position.

The other way around and KC would have it.

Those KC losses the last two years were killers for the Bills.

Depending on other games if the Bills win in NE and lose to KC. The Bills would be 6-5 and the Chiefs will be 6-5. Then depending on the Steelers game at Seattle, the Steelers will be either 7-4 or 6-5. As it stands at that point, if they lost then KC would take 5th Wildcard, and the Bills would take 6th. If they won then the Steelers would take 5th, and KC would take 6th.

Either way it completely changes from week to week. One game at a time! NE tomorrow!

The Bills are currently 6th in the AFC.

6. Bills 5-4

7. Chiefs 5-5

8. Texans 5-5

9. Jets 5-5

We play all 3 of the 5-5 teams in games to come. We also have a tough game against the Cowboys and Pats, and hopefully two likely wins against the Eagles and Racial Slurs.

The way I see it:

L Pats (5-5)

L Chiefs (5-6)

W Texans

W Eagles

W Skins

W Cowboys

W Jets (10-6)

If that happens I think we get the 6th seed with KC getting the 5 (their schedule is cakewalk from here on out provided they can beat the Raiders). Steers end up first man out due to playing a tough schedule (Broncos, Seahawks, Bengals, etc)

Depending on other games if the Bills win in NE and lose to KC. The Bills would be 6-5 and the Chiefs will be 6-5. Then depending on the Steelers game at Seattle, the Steelers will be either 7-4 or 6-5. As it stands at that point, if they lost then KC would take 5th Wildcard, and the Bills would take 6th. If they won then the Steelers would take 5th, and KC would take 6th.

Either way it completely changes from week to week. One game at a time! NE tomorrow!

I am working under the assumption that it will be hard to keep Pittsburgh out of that 5th seed with Ben healthy.

That could change but good QB play is the one way to win consistently in the NFL so it's a good place to place your bets.

And that KC loss in 2013 sent the Bills into a tailspin and last years loss cost them the playoffs IMO.

I think they win those Chiefs games they go to the playoffs BOTH years.

More and more it looks like KC will count twice.

Yep. NE game doesn't mean nearly as much. The Bills just can't have a head to head loss to any WC competition. Win vs KC and HOU and the playoffs are very possible. Lose and they are unlikely at best. Both huge games.

The Bills are currently 6th in the AFC.

6. Bills 5-4

7. Chiefs 5-5

8. Texans 5-5

9. Jets 5-5

We play all 3 of the 5-5 teams in games to come. We also have a tough game against the Cowboys and Pats, and hopefully two likely wins against the Eagles and Racial Slurs.

The way I see it:

L Pats (5-5)

L Chiefs (5-6)

W Texans

W Eagles

W Skins

W Cowboys

W Jets (10-6)

If that happens I think we get the 6th seed with KC getting the 5 (their schedule is cakewalk from here on out provided they can beat the Raiders). Steers end up first man out due to playing a tough schedule (Broncos, Seahawks, Bengals, etc)

I just cannot see this team winning 5 in a row to close things out.

I am working under the assumption that it will be hard to keep Pittsburgh out of that 5th seed with Ben healthy.

That could change but good QB play is the one way to win consistently in the NFL so it's a good place to place your bets.

And that KC loss in 2013 sent the Bills into a tailspin and last years loss cost them the playoffs IMO.

I think they win those Chiefs games they go to the playoffs BOTH years.

Eh. Good QB is a funny thing. If the team is doing good, then the QB must be good (Dalton, Bridgewater, Newton, Roethlisberger), but if they are doing bad then they don't have a good QB (Rivers, Either Manning, Brees). Even Rodgers was starting to get questioned for a bit there. Good QB play will beat a team that doesn't have a good QB (ala Bills vs Pats last 15 years), but it doesn't guarantee a spot in the playoffs every year (Roethlisberger 1 out of last 3 years)

As for everyone giving Kansas City the 5th seed, I don't know they capitalized on a imploding Peyton Manning one week. I just don't give them a lot of credit. They lost 4 in a row at one point. They will play us tough, and maybe we lose that game, maybe we don't. It will be close for sure, but I don't think their games against the Raiders (Twice), Ravens, or us are easy games by any means.

Edited by What a Tuel

As for everyone giving Kansas City the 5th seed, I don't know they capitalized on a imploding Peyton Manning one week. I just don't give them a lot of credit. They lost 4 in a row at one point. They will play us tough, and maybe we lose that game, maybe we don't. It will be close for sure, but I don't think their games against the Raiders (Twice), Ravens, or us are easy games by any means.

I think Ravens will not be winning many more games now QB is out.

I think Ravens will not be winning many more games now QB is out.

Bet they wish they re-signed Taylor haha. And Forsett is out. They still have Schaub though but yeah maybe not that one so much. Every game is it's own matchup though. No one said the Bengals would lose to the Texans either, and suddenly the Texans are contenders :lol:

Edited by What a Tuel

well the late afternoon matches didn't go the Bills way.

I'm still not sure if I would have preferred the NYETS to win over Houston though.

-------------------

I would expect the following

L @ Pats (5-5) [actually love to see a W here but that's is a dream]

W @ Chiefs (6-5)

W Texans

W @ Eagles

W @ Skins

L Cowboys (If no Romo W)

W Jets (10-6)

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever