Pats*/Refs alliance must die

4merper4mer

I am very sick with watching the Pats* get away with penalties that are consistently called on other teams. I know tons of people, fans of many different teams, that feel the same way. I'd love to see someone put together a montage of video clips with a Pats* OL holding without a call, then a player on another team doing the exact same thing followed by a yellow flag coming in. Same thing goes for roughing the passer, pick play, PI, OPI, defensive holding, etc. It would be such a cool video to watch and I'd love to see it go viral. I know there is tons of material.

Greggy must know somebody that can put this together.

Come on Greggy. We need a montage.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it's cute you all think you can do something about this.

But you forget, how this dynasty started. New England was a pedestrian franchise with an unknown sixth-round pick at QB and a head coach who was a failure at Cleveland. Then, after 9/11/2001, THE PATRIOTS come out of nowhere to get to the Superbowl based on a ridiculous rule that no one had ever heard of, then win against the 14-point favored "Greatest Show on Turf" with a last-second long field goal.

9/11. The Patriots. Tell me that wasn't a complete setup. And you think petitioning Goodell's going to stop that? You're going to have to go above his head, to Dick Cheney and the lizard people. Good luck surviving that.

Basically.......all the complaining about refs comes down to the idea that, at best, one can only expect to be in a close game against the Patriots.

If you want respect from the opponent or the officials.....you need to occasionally beat that opponent decisively.

Either way.....winning on a last second field goal isn't going to change the dynamic of this series much.....didn't for Chan after he won(thanks to an interference call, mind you) and didn't for Rex, even when he won in playoffs.

Gotta' physically start taking it to them which is why Rex gameplan the first time was so inexcusably atrocious.

They have a 40 year old QB.....press his receivers to buy time to hit him and hit him hard.

And be aware that they are going to try to surprise you and throw you off of your gameplan............like trying to take out McCoy or Karlos with dirty hits to get your ire up....and turn the tables on the gameplan of hitting Brady.....which is the only thing they fear.

Don't bite. Stay focused. Take your penalties at the QB and there only.

Maybe this has been discussed elsewhere, but can someone who has NFL gamepass check the end of the Patriots/Giants game? I swear that I looked at the clock and there was 2:10 left on the clock. The Giants ran a run play that gained about 3 yards and the Patriots took a timeout. I looked at the clock and it read 2:10. I swear that no time ran off on the play....which would have been a big deal because it mean having to run more play before the two minute warning which saved NE a timeout.

Maybe this has been discussed elsewhere, but can someone who has NFL gamepass check the end of the Patriots/Giants game? I swear that I looked at the clock and there was 2:10 left on the clock. The Giants ran a run play that gained about 3 yards and the Patriots took a timeout. I looked at the clock and it read 2:10. I swear that no time ran off on the play....which would have been a big deal because it mean having to run more play before the two minute warning which saved NE a timeout.

It was a GIants' home game.

It was discussed in another thread. Several people thought what you did. The official gamebook showed what happened with each play. The Giants actually called timeout on the next play after the Patriots timeout. I'm not sure if anyone went back to the game pass and looked. But gamebook showed no discrepancy.

It was discussed in another thread. Several people thought what you did. The official gamebook showed what happened with each play. The Giants actually called timeout on the next play after the Patriots timeout. I'm not sure if anyone went back to the game pass and looked. But gamebook showed no discrepancy.

I've been meaning to go back and look because a lot of people were complaining.

What seems to have happened was this:

2:34 Eli Manning throws 30 yards to Harris which seemingly takes 24 seconds off the clock and leaves it at 2:10.

Patriots called timeout. Go to commercial

2:14 on the clock after commercial. They reset the game clock 4 seconds to account for the Patriots calling the timeout.

The commentary even mentions that they reset the clock.

2:14 Giants run Jennings for 5 yards. 4 seconds come off the clock before Patriots call timeout leaving the clock at 2:10

Edited by What a Tuel

I've been meaning to go back and look because a lot of people were complaining.

What seems to have happened was at this:

2:34 Eli Manning throws 30 yards to Harris which seemingly takes 24 seconds off the clock and leaves it at 2:10.

Patriots called timeout. Go to commercial

2:14 on the clock after commercial. They reset the game clock 4 seconds to account for the Patriots calling the timeout.

The commentary even mentions that they reset the clock.

2:14 Giants run Jennings for 5 yards. 4 seconds come off the clock before Patriots call timeout leaving the clock at 2:10

That makes sense. I was thinking because so many people mentioned it that it likely had something to do with the officials resetting the clock. And since there were timeouts on two consecutive plays they may have done it during a commercial or something.