NBA/Golden State Warriors thread

Maury Ballstein

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NBA has been inconsistent with the Draymond, they didn't suspend him when GS was against the wall vs. OKC for a more egregious foul, now that Cleveland is cooked medium well they decide to suspend Draymond which may extent the series. Bad look. Be consistent.

Lebron knew he would get a reaction when he walked over Draymond, every kid at that playground knows it's something you don't do. Of course it's smart to do though if you have a hot head one foul away from a suspension. Congrats Lebron that's the most clutch thing you have done in a few years, don't get cooked up by a short handed Warriors team or you will be joke of the summer.

The NBA has been inconsistent with the Draymond, they didn't suspend him when GS was against the wall vs. OKC for a more egregious foul, now that Cleveland is cooked medium well they decide to suspend Draymond which may extent the series. Bad look. Be consistent.

Lebron knew he would get a reaction when he walked over Draymond, every kid at that playground knows it's something you don't do. Of course it's smart to do though if you have a hot head one foul away from a suspension. Congrats Lebron that's the most clutch thing you have done in a few years, don't get cooked up by a short handed Warriors team or you will be joke of the summer.

if I'm understanding it right, they didn't choose to suspend him for his actions in the last game and choose not to suspend him vs the Thunder. I believe it was an accumulation of flagrant fouls in the playoffs that finally led to a suspension. He got a flagrant 1 for his actions vs LeBron (same as he was assessed vs OKC), and LeBron got a technical for stepping over him. draymond's 4th flagrant foul of the playoffs led to his automatic suspension. Edited by YoloinOhio

if I'm understanding it right, they didn't choose to suspend him for his actions in the last game and choose not to suspend him vs the Thunder. I believe it was an accumulation of technicals in the playoffs that finally led to a suspension. He got a technical for his actions vs LeBron, and LeBron got a technical for stepping over him. draymond's technical led to his automatic suspension.

No the league reviewed the play and changed it to a flagrant 1 for Draymond which lead to the suspension. If it was just a technical he would have still needed one more to earn the same 1 game suspension.

Yes I see you fixed the original post, that's correct. The inconsistency comes when the Lebron play gets a flagrant 1 which the league knows = one game. For anyone that saw the play against Adams that clearly deserved a game discipline at minimum, heck they suspended Dante Jones for a slap to the same region a few days earlier.

They have detailed disciplinary guidelines but they navigate them for what best suits the league. That's sloppy.

Edited by Commonsense

No the league reviewed the play and changed it to a flagrant 1 for Draymond which lead to the suspension. If it was just a technical he would have still needed one more to earn the same 1 game suspension.

yep I looked it up and edited it to flagrant. But I still don't think they chose one play over the other to suspend him (as many have asserted) - it was just his flagrants throughout the playoffs building up to this. He had it coming, he knew he only needed one more, and he apparently didn't care. Edited by YoloinOhio

yep I looked it up and edited it to flagrant. But I still don't think they chose one play over the other to suspend him (as many have asserted) - it was just his flagrants throughout the playoffs building up to this. He had it coming, he knew he only needed one more, and he apparently didn't care.

It seemed that a Draymond suspension was inevitable the way he played throughout the playoffs that's not my complaint. He is a knucklehead, he is lucky that he will only miss one game this entire postseason for the antics. My complaint is that the NBA's discipline and referring often reminds me of playing car racing games at the arcade, as soon as you get a sizable lead the trailing car gets a speed boost to catch back up.

It seemed that a Draymond suspension was inevitable the way he played throughout the playoffs that's not my complaint. He is a knucklehead, he is lucky that he will only miss one game this entire postseason for the antics. My complaint is that the NBA's discipline and referring often reminds me of playing car racing games at the arcade, as soon as you get a sizable lead the trailing car gets a speed boost to catch back up.

tbh I don't think it will make much of a difference whether or not he's out there. Can't see Cavs winning at GS.

tbh I don't think it will make much of a difference whether or not he's out there. Can't see Cavs winning at GS.

New ground for the Warriors...they haven't had to play a meaningful game without Green in more than two years?