Does anyone else automatically skip BN Sully articles?

Bocephuz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I have told the news, I cancelled my digital subscription after the " loser" Bucky column in the spring and now just access for free like everyone else. Am I sure there are some kind of guild rules that those 3 jokers can't be sent packing , but when even one of them is gone, I will gladly pay my fair share again.

I am nearly at that point myself. Shame, because I do want to support the business.

I read it all. Reading an opinion that differs from mine doesn't piss me off. Not sure why people avoid things they don't like. Even people I tend to disagree with can have a point of view I might not have considered.

And fwiw, there was nothing wrong with his article today other than his pov was a pretty obvious one.

I will read them and agree with MDH that it's good to read articles that don't agree with your perspective. Sully turns out to be right often enough because the Bills have been so bad but like another poster said above there is a difference between being negative and critical. People should understand however that Tyler Dunne and Sully have two completely different jobs and the way they write and research their articles is not the same. I agree that Sully is often lazy however.

I will read them and agree with MDH that it's good to read articles that don't agree with your perspective. Sully turns out to be right often enough because the Bills have been so bad but like another poster said above there is a difference between being negative and critical. People should understand however that Tyler Dunne and Sully have two completely different jobs and the way they write and research their articles is not the same. I agree that Sully is often lazy however.

It's not that I disagree with Sully, it's that I never learn one flipping thing from him. He never has a fresh idea or an interesting, non-obvious take, at least in my eyes. And yes, Dunne is a reporter and Sully is a columnist, but a columnist can still do some legwork, whether it's talking to different people to develop his take or looking at interesting data that can suggest a new perspective. Does he ever do this?

Edited by Last Guy on the Bench

It's not that I disagree with Sully, it's that I never learn one flipping thing from him. He never has a fresh idea or an interesting, non-obvious take, at least in my eyes. And yes, Dunne is a reporter and Sully is a columnist, but a columnist can still do some legwork, whether it's talking to different people to develop his take or looking at interesting data that can suggest a new perspective. Does he ever do this?

No, which is why I called him lazy. But his job is to get people talking and reading and he's good at it. I bet his bosses love him even when 90% of his readership seems to hate him.

No, which is why I called him lazy. But his job is to get people talking and reading and he's good at it. I bet his bosses love him even when 90% of his readership seems to hate him.

Howard Stern has always said my fans listen to me on average for 1 hour and 20 minutes and my haters listen on average 2 hours and 30 minutes a day.

Every. Single. Time.

Often times I see a BN headline and click on it.. and when I see the author is Jerry Sullivan I automatically close it out .. skip it.. and don't even bother to read it.

Anyone else?