Go Bills next Monday night

Ice bowl 67

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What TH is happening over there in Wisconsin, IB? Is the team just too injured to overcome? For the 1st time in his career, Rodgers looks and plays 'uncertain'. I hope y'all take solace in knowing you play in a crappy Division where only Minnesota is a threat. In our Division, we have the greatest team ever and 3 also-rans who knock the crap out of each other, just to be 2nd..

If we're supposedly definitely gonna lose this one, we have no chance, chalk it up as a loss, etc, why are you even watching this game? This team? If the Patriots** are so damn good, why even watch the rest of the season, you know how it's gonna play out. Have some damn confidence in your team! If you don't think we're gonna win, get the hell out! We don't need you! What would Marv Levy say if he read this board? Jim Kelly? They'd be pissed I tell you that.

There's a reason you play the game. Quit acting scared of the big, bad, Patriots**! Is the media saying we're gonna lose? We have no chance? Good! I don't give two flying Gugnies what the media says! It'll make victory that much sweeter! We're gonna earn some damn respect this coming Monday!

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

I'm at the point in my life where it doesn't revolve around the Bills anymore and it feels good. Yes I still sit there and watch games and attend games but if a better option comes along, I don't pass on it to watch football anymore. It's actually been great, I've enjoyed better times missing, for example last year's home loss to New England, doing something more fulfilling and enjoyable. So this question is timely because I have friends who still plan their lives around them, some willing to skip out on some winter fun in January because they plan to watch a playoff game. That "if come" doesn't work for me. I plan my life around life now, not around football anymore. It's actually been amazingly helpful in grounding life to what matters. So I thought about this the other day and I might pass on the MN game for sanity's sake. Why go through 3 hours of frustration? I have zero faith they have even a 1% chance to win so what then is the point then? Is it hope? I've sat through 15 years of hope (or is it more, I've lost count and prefer not to know how bad it actually is) and I don't need hope anymore because it matters less to me every day. I still love home games, I love the social part, love hanging with my group of friends, love the atmosphere. I could live without watching them on TV so when it comes time to determine whether to buy in, it's not on hope anymore. I've become apathetic toward the team because of the losing and the same story every year. And I truly despise the NFL, from the idiots owners like Jones to the idiot players he sticks up for like Hardy. Coupled together, I've gone from a diehard, every Sunday all day guy to a season ticket holder who attends most games and watches many away games and has seen maybe 4 quarters of NFL the rest of the year.

All that being said.... I'll probably tune in!!! Just because it's Monday night and I, in the immortal works of Chris Tucker in Friday, "ain't got sh!t to do." But if it were a Sunday like this past Sunday, I would have passed!!

I'm at the point in my life where it doesn't revolve around the Bills anymore and it feels good. Yes I still sit there and watch games and attend games but if a better option comes along, I don't pass on it to watch football anymore. It's actually been great, I've enjoyed better times missing, for example last year's home loss to New England, doing something more fulfilling and enjoyable. So this question is timely because I have friends who still plan their lives around them, some willing to skip out on some winter fun in January because they plan to watch a playoff game. That "if come" doesn't work for me. I plan my life around life now, not around football anymore. It's actually been amazingly helpful in grounding life to what matters. So I thought about this the other day and I might pass on the MN game for sanity's sake. Why go through 3 hours of frustration? I have zero faith they have even a 1% chance to win so what then is the point then? Is it hope? I've sat through 15 years of hope (or is it more, I've lost count and prefer not to know how bad it actually is) and I don't need hope anymore because it matters less to me every day. I still love home games, I love the social part, love hanging with my group of friends, love the atmosphere. I could live without watching them on TV so when it comes time to determine whether to buy in, it's not on hope anymore. I've become apathetic toward the team because of the losing and the same story every year. And I truly despise the NFL, from the idiots owners like Jones to the idiot players he sticks up for like Hardy. Coupled together, I've gone from a diehard, every Sunday all day guy to a season ticket holder who attends most games and watches many away games and has seen maybe 4 quarters of NFL the rest of the year.

All that being said.... I'll probably tune in!!! Just because it's Monday night and I, in the immortal works of Chris Tucker in Friday, "ain't got **** to do." But if it were a Sunday like this past Sunday, I would have passed!!