YoloinOhio

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. Thats not a catch.

2. You fail to mention the terrible holding call on Andrews the play before when Blount scored.

The giants lost this game because they failed miserably with clock management on that final offensive series inside the 5. One run takes you 2 minute warning. Another eats 5-6 seconds. A third eats 45 seconds. New England needed every second and the giants gifted them at least 30 seconds with their playcalling.

As for 1, that's not what the official on the field called.

As for 2, way to deflect--that may have been the worst call I've ever seen. And how is it that neither announcer says jack **** about it on the obvious replay?

1. Thats not a catch.

2. You fail to mention the terrible holding call on Andrews the play before when Blount scored.

The giants lost this game because they failed miserably with clock management on that final offensive series inside the 5. One run takes you 2 minute warning. Another eats 5-6 seconds. A third eats 45 seconds. New England needed every second and the giants gifted them at least 30 seconds with their playcalling.

Agreed. First and goal. Run, Run, Run, Field Goal. Would have had the same outcome but taken more time off the clock. You might even get lucky and punch it in with one of those runs.

To be fair most here seemed to agree with the call.

Why do you even watch them play?

For me, it's not even a question of agreeing or disagreeing with the call. It's that the league can't give a single consistent explanation of what is and is not a friggin' touchdown. There are four or five different TD plays I could compare and contrast over the past three years and demonstrate how woefully inconsistent the league's definition of "touchdown" is.

I don't give a ****. I !@#$ing hate Brady.

agreed. i would light him on fire with gasoline if he fell asleep. even if My house burned down with him.

Witch!!

but they never sleep.

And then we will usher in the Garrappolo era; which will obviously torment us even worse...

will there be no end to our sufferings?

And then we will usher in the Garrappolo era; which will obviously torment us even worse...

I don't give a ****. I !@#$ing hate Tom Brady.

I'd rather take a risk with an unknown Janeane Garofalo than see that !@#$nugget Brady take the field again.

Anyone unsure of corrupt officiating in the League needs to look no further than this game.

Exhibit A--call of hands to the face on the Giants on a key drive close to the goal line when the replay clearly showed a hands to the face by the Cheats* center (uncalled of course) and yet Nantz and Simms say nothing; and

exhibit B--Beckham catches a TD gets two feet down including a step with the ball and the call on the field is overturned (CBS's Mike Carey agrees, of course).

Utter BS

You have a point with A especially when they can't identify the player. B was not a catch by NFL standards.

What was Mike Carey's explanation for why it wasn't a catch?

He said the strip happened simultaneously with the 2nd foot going down. That is not true. The 2nd foot was down first..............Hohuli said that he had not "turned into a runner."

It's not deflecting. You're cherry picking. So can I.

I'm pointing out two egregiously bad calls late in the game that went the Cheats*' way. You then bring up an unrelated supposed pro-Giant no-call. I'd say that's the definition of deflecting.

What's your view on the hands to the face call and the fact that the announcers can watch that replay AND SAY NOTHING ABOUT IT?

Edited by MattM

I'm pointing out two egregiously bad calls late in the game that went the Cheats*' way. You then bring up an unrelated supposed pro-Giant no-call. I'd say that's the definition of deflecting.

What's your view on the hands to the face call and the fact that the announcers can watch that replay AND SAY NOTHING ABOUT IT?

I saw the same thing you did on the hands to the face, everybody did. What you can't assume is that was the where the flag was thrown. It was probably someone outside of the frame. We will never know because they didn't give us a number.

Also...deep breaths.