Antonio Brown on NFL Live

KDIGGZ

Did anyone see Antonio Brown on NFL Live just now? I hope they post up a video of it. I would bet any money that the guy was high as a kite. His eyes were glassy, he was having trouble keeping them open and focusing (he was weirdly opening them really wide over and over again at the beginning of the interview), he was slurring his words and he seemed super "relaxed." I thought nah couldn't be, so I googled it and sure enough there has been rumors that Brown and others on the team smoke weed to help them heal and relieve stress during the season. In fact, it was Ryan Clark who is now an analyst with ESPN that called them out on it:

http://www.si.com/nfl/audibles/2014/04/28/steelers-antonio-brown-ryan-clark-marijuana-use

Did anyone else see it?

*EDIT* found the video:

https://twitter.com/Scores_Replays/status/665322819052371968

Edited by kdiggz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on only that clip you posted, it looks more to me like he's goofing off with someone off camera, but who knows. Lots of professional athletes partake as a part of their pain management. It's far less addictive and has fewer side effects than "legal" pain killers, so it wouldn't surprise me.

And honestly there are numerous players who said the prescription pain killers they ate like candy made them batsheet crazy half the time. I know requirements for medical marijuana are a standup comedy joke but I think there is a legitimate argument to be made for NFL players having a real need.

And honestly there are numerous players who said the prescription pain killers they ate like candy made them batsheet crazy half the time. I know requirements for medical marijuana are a standup comedy joke but I think there is a legitimate argument to be made for NFL players having a real need.

100%. It's not a performance enhancer in any way, the NFL should treat it like the NBA does. Especially now considering it's legal in Colorado, home of one of the NFL's 32 teams.

100%. It's not a performance enhancer in any way, the NFL should treat it like the NBA does. Especially now considering it's legal in Colorado, home of one of the NFL's 32 teams.

it is in Washington as well I believe, so 2/32. And it's legal but extremely confusing in DC, but the 'Skins are in MD anyway

Based on only that clip you posted, it looks more to me like he's goofing off with someone off camera, but who knows. Lots of professional athletes partake as a part of their pain management. It's far less addictive and has fewer side effects than "legal" pain killers, so it wouldn't surprise me.

There was nobody else in the room. There was a pic from behind of him in a room with a camera on a tripod, so I don't think that's it. If you watch the whole video it's clear he's trying to keep his eyes open. Like if your parents come in the room and you are trying to not act drunk/high and you overcompensate. Yea I think it can be a good natural pain management aid but it's illegal and it would be a shame if he was randomly drug tested and suspended while the Steelers are in the middle of the playoff hunt. Anyone know the phone number for the NFL offices? :D:nana:

Edited by kdiggz

it is in Washington as well I believe, so 2/32. And it's legal but extremely confusing in DC, but the 'Skins are in MD anyway

Play in MD, headquartered in VA. One geographically challenged team there.

GO BILLS!!!