31 of McCoy's 119...

Thurmal34

Bill, I guess you like the hindsight being 20-20!!!... Whitner pick was deemed necessary by the cover-2 scheme that Dick Jauron wanted to bring to Buffalo. Whitner actually has had a decent career in Buffalo, SF and Cleveland. I think we have had worse misses than Dante.

Whitner isn't bad. He was just not worth a high #1 pick.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well......

Statistically, the Eagles are right back where they were running the ball last year.....and gaining momentum with 4 straight games over 150 yards rushing......their best such run ever under Kelly.....but doing it all with more physical north/south runners Kelly preferred.

I thought Chip Kelly was an idiot and the Eagles were going to be the worst team in the NFL? :lol:

did you watch them today? Absolute hot !@#$ing garbage.

I can't say Chip Kelly is a genius enough. He just proves it every week. That Kiko trade is looking better and better for the Eagles.

You better watch yourself. Somebody on this board doesn't want to have to come out and tell you how many times he has been right.

Shady is going to be spectacular for us. To say he is the best since Thurman is premature. He can be the best since Thurman but I think many are forgetting just how good Freddy was in 2011 before he got hurt. In many people's estimation he was MVP of the league at the time.

I can't say Chip Kelly is a genius enough. He just proves it every week. That Kiko trade is looking better and better for the Eagles.

Yeah they have been bad the past two weeks.

The reality is that their running game is the least of their issues however. It's the same as last year.

And where are all the people that predicted Jameis Winston was going to be a bust. :lol:

The reality is that their running game is the least of their issues however. It's the same as last year.

And where are all the people that predicted Jameis Winston was going to be a bust. :lol:

I'm going to Google the words "backtrack" and "deflection" -- just for kicks.

Well that has nothing to do with the Eagles. One of the reasons I thought before the season started that Chip had gone off the reservation was the signing of Matthews. He's a pretty good back but I knew it was going to take carries and receptions away from Sproles who is a game changer. It made no sense. Then to get rid of two starting guards off a good line made no sense. Trading for Bradford who couldn't run made little sense. There was nothing in his history to suggest that he was ready to become an NFL GM. It made no sense. He dug his own grave.

I wanted the Bills to sign him as their coach before the Marrone hire although I knew they had very little chance. And even though I knew that Kelly was a total dick off the field. I watched as many Eagles games as I could because I thought he really was onto something. But then he started making curious choices like Barkely and Sanchez. And this off season he went batschit crazy. Now I hope he fails and he looks like it may happen.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Well that has nothing to do with the Eagles. One of the reasons I thought before the season started that Chip had gone off the reservation was the signing of Matthews. He's a pretty good back but I knew it was going to take carries and receptions away from Sproles who is a game changer. It made no sense. Then to get rid of two starting guards off a good line made no sense. Trading for Bradford who couldn't run made little sense. There was nothing in his history to suggest that he was ready to become an NFL GM. It made no sense. He dug his own grave.

I wanted the Bills to sign him as their coach before the Marrone hire although I knew they had very little chance. And even though I knew that Kelly was a total dick off the field. I watched as many Eagles games as I could because I thought he really was onto something. But then he started making curious choices like Barkely and Sanchez. And this off season he went batschit crazy. Now I hope he fails and he looks like it may happen.

After watching 15 years of playoff-free Bills football I'd say he's earned the benefit of the doubt after two straight winning seasons taking over what looked like a re-build.

I will agree that trading McCoy was the move that made the most sense.

But the running game really hasn't been the issue.

Ultimately the issue.......as it is everywhere......is the QB.

If EJ plays the last two weeks the Bills lose to Miami and NYJ.

I'd gladly take Chip at the U.......but I suspect he will end up with Kaepernick next season and things might look a lot different with a QB who can actually present a run threat.

After watching 15 years of playoff-free Bills football I'd say he's earned the benefit of the doubt after two straight winning seasons taking over what looked like a re-build.

I'd gladly take Chip at the U.......but I suspect he will end up with Kaepernick next season and things might look a lot different with a QB who can actually present a run threat.

"I will agree" -- where did Kelly say trading McCoy made the most sense?

Of course you'd take Kelly in college; that's where his b.s. works. At least Urban Meyer is smart enough to know his system would fail miserably in the NFL. Saban learned it too, only a bit late.

So what you're saying is...the QB play affects the running game, not unlike it did last year for the Eagles (nevermind the OL turmoil that "That's No Moon" detailed)? Okay, that's what we've been saying as well.

As for Kelly getting Kaep next year, he might get his GM title stripped if they fail to make the playoffs and finish sub-.500. And there are several teams reportedly interested in him and the 49'ers control where he goes. Beyond that, I'm not sure he's salvageable at this point.

"I will agree" -- where did Kelly say trading McCoy made the most sense?

Of course you'd take Kelly in college; that's where his b.s. works. At least Urban Meyer is smart enough to know his system would fail miserably in the NFL. Saban learned it too, only a bit late.

Yeah. I never said the McCoy trade made sense. It didn't. Although I thought it would work out better than it did for the Eagles. Or has so far. Kiko doesn't look so good or explosive.

Yeah. I never said the McCoy trade made sense. It didn't. Although I thought it would work out better than it did for the Eagles. Or has so far. Kiko doesn't look so good or explosive.

I knew it would be a major win for the Bills. I was pumped over Kiko's first half of his rookie year but was disappointed he faded so badly in the 2nd half. I had high hopes for his 2nd season figuring an off-season of training would help him avoid the second half collapse, but he got injured and my hopes were dashed. I just don't think he's got the size or the durability to make it/long in the league and that was a major factor in the Bills jumping at the chance to get Shady. Unfortunately tore his hammy in pre-season and got off to a slow start, but it appears he's rounding into form, whereas Kiko looks like a shell of his former self.

So what you're saying is...the QB play affects the running game, not unlike it did last year for the Eagles (nevermind the OL turmoil that "That's No Moon" detailed)? Okay, that's what we've been saying as well.

As for Kelly getting Kaep next year, he might get his GM title stripped if they fail to make the playoffs and finish sub-.500. And there are several teams reportedly interested in him and the 49'ers control where he goes. Beyond that, I'm not sure he's salvageable at this point.

No.....when you run for around 120+ ypg the running game isn't going to be your issue. So the run game hasn't really been the problem in Philly either season, no matter how you look at it. Their OL is much worse this year, fwiw. Besides the players lost, the great Jason Peters has been injured.