31 of McCoy's 119...

Thurmal34

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong. If Miami would have let Saban have Brees he would have won at least one superbowl. Saban is a winner. If there was a higher league than the NFL he could win there too.

He's another one of those "control everything" guys who don't seem to pan out too well in today's NFL.

No.....when you run for around 120+ ypg the running game isn't going to be your issue. So the run game hasn't really been the problem in Philly either season, no matter how you look at it. Their OL is much worse this year, fwiw. Besides the players lost, the great Jason Peters has been injured.

When you run for 120+ yards and a good chunk are in garbage time, yeah, there's a problem there. And again, the OL was no great shakes last year.

I am no college football expert, far from it, but saying "give Saban Brees and he would have won a Superbowl" is a little simplistic isn't it? That is probably true of a lot of coaches and let's be honest - Saban is a defensive guy anyway isn't he? So much of his success in college has been based on things other than QB play and that is his system, similar to Chip Kelly who thought he could plug any QB into HIS offense and they would be able to perform at a high level.

Saban didn't succeed in the NFL and realised it before choosing the walk. Chip may well end up the same way.

Edited by GunnerBill

Wasn't Saban involved in the decision not to sign Brees?

According to Saban himself, not the most reliable source IMO, he wanted Brees all along and the doctors overruled him. It's possible that is exactly what happened. It's also possible it wasn't like that at all and Saban is just trying to make himself look better.

According to Saban himself, not the most reliable source IMO, he wanted Brees all along and the doctors overruled him. It's possible that is exactly what happened. It's also possible it wasn't like that at all and Saban is just trying to make himself look better.

I think the latter is more likely than the former. Saban's an egotist.

I think the latter is more likely than the former. Saban's an egotist.

If I had to guess I agree. Most likely it was a total team decision and Saban may have been a little more in favor of the risk than others, but he is no doctor. He had no idea of the injury. He probably said something like, "If it's really close between the two, and they are both equally damaged goods, I would prefer Brees," and he reported it as him saying, "I definitely wanted Brees all along and they kept me from him."

When you run for 120+ yards and a good chunk are in garbage time, yeah, there's a problem there. And again, the OL was no great shakes last year.

OMG now rushing yards are a garbage time stat. :doh:

You guys are not helping your argument in the latter part of this thread. :lol:

It is what it is......the Eagles running game has been pretty much indentical to last year.

Dontcha wish your favorite college team had his as a coach? If they did, your team would win instead of lose.

eball forgot Pete Carroll. He was a "system" guy in college too. :lol:

Saban is a pro guy. I think he left Miami because he hates losing more than even the evil BB himself. The reality of pro football is that you aren't going to win every year. Saban knows that HE can win every year in the NCAA. Which is crazy. How he has kept both LSU and Bama in national title contention nearly every season and yet out of scandal kinda' blows my mind. Because all the big programs gotta cheat. All of them. Guy is flat out organized and I am glad he isn't in our division. He doesn't get the respect he's due because he isn't winning by trickery. But if BB had the 60's Packers he wouldn't be throwing the ball 50 times per game either.