The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

APPLE’S SIRI TELLS YOU ISRAEL IS A “ZIONIST OCCUPATION STATE“:

As of 10am, only i24News and The Post-Millenial have covered this at all. Apple’s Siri scrapes Wikipedia for “answers” about public figures. So it appears that last night one of the SJW crusaders who call themselves Wikipedia editors decided to change the entry for Israeli President Rivlin as follows:

zionist-294x600.png

The entry was fixed about an hour after it was noticed. The Post-Millennial news blog dug into the story and asserts that the vandalism (not a “hack”) occurred in the SJW world of Wikipedia editors.

Not a word from “major” legacy media as of 10am. You can bet your bottom dollar if they called Nancy Pelosi a pedophile or called Oprah a drug addict, this would be a much more “important” story.

Yes, most of us know that usually only stupid people rely on Wikipedia as the central foundation for a theory or factual statement. Yet, others make a career of it. AOC used Wikipedia to smear Tucker Carlson’s The Daily Caller in public, relying on Wikipedia to slanderously describe the publication as “White Nationalist.”  It’s not. Not even close. (Disclosure: I provide media law advice to TDC).

There ought to be a full investigation, but major legacy media is fixated on whether or not Prince Harry can continue to call himself “Prince.”

On 1/14/2020 at 6:47 AM, Cimahilo said:

I absolutely agree with you. Very good examples of speeches that are really important and cool. If I need help with writing anything at the university, writing a speech or a presentation, I reach out to professionals with custom research paper writing services. There, they can provide inexpensive, fast, and most importantly quality assistance if you have constipation with homework or simply do not have time to complete the task.

You should meet DR - it's a bot too

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

In unrelated news, universities across the nation have, in a cost and waste-cutting move, eliminated 1 out of every 96 research grants given to professors.

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/16/2020 at 7:31 AM, B-Man said:

In NOLA of all places........

I remember going to The Aud as a kid to see the Braves. The place was a blue haze from all the cigarette smoke. And I remember seeing a clip on NFL Films of players in the 60’s lighting up as soon as they hit the locker room. How the times have changed. 

HIGHER EDUCATION BUBBLE UPDATE: 

Yale Cancels Western Art. 

“Introduction to Art History,” for decades one of the most popular and famous courses at Yale, is being eliminated because its emphasis on Western art is “problematic,” according to the chair of the art history department, Tim Barringer. The Yale Daily News translates that to mean that Western art is a “product of an overwhelmingly white, straight, European and male cadre of artists.” The horror!

The course will be offered one final time during this spring semester, but it sounds as if Barringer has already managed to ruin it. He has promised students that the course will consider Western art in relation to “questions of gender, class and ‘race'” as well as its involvement with capitalism. And he has promised that a “key theme” will be the relationship between art and climate change.

Yes, just what everyone wants to learn from an art history professor.

• Thank you (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, B-Man said:

HIGHER EDUCATION BUBBLE UPDATE: 

Yale Cancels Western Art. 

“Introduction to Art History,” for decades one of the most popular and famous courses at Yale, is being eliminated because its emphasis on Western art is “problematic,” according to the chair of the art history department, Tim Barringer. The Yale Daily News translates that to mean that Western art is a “product of an overwhelmingly white, straight, European and male cadre of artists.” The horror!

The course will be offered one final time during this spring semester, but it sounds as if Barringer has already managed to ruin it. He has promised students that the course will consider Western art in relation to “questions of gender, class and ‘race'” as well as its involvement with capitalism. And he has promised that a “key theme” will be the relationship between art and climate change.

Yes, just what everyone wants to learn from an art history professor.

So we're going to toss the rich history of gay European artists who created fabulous eternal works of art down the toilet?   That's progressivism?

• Like (+1) 1

JOHN HINDERAKER: “In today’s academia, God help you if you are Asian. Your school’s administration certainly won’t.”

Plus: “I am old enough to remember when people thought George Wallace’s ‘Segregation forever!’ was a retrograde slogan that would soon be relegated to the dustbin of history.

Little did we know that more than 50 years later, the Democratic Party and the liberal educational establishment would embrace racial segregation as an ideal.

• Like (+1) 1