The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

9 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Well, considering that using an "inappropriate pronoun" can be considered a hate crime, they're already regulating speech.

They're trying to regulate speech, but as far as the pronouns I choose to use, they haven't yet made a dent in my vocabulary. 

First Common Core High School Grads
Worst-Prepared For College In 15 Years

by Joy Pullmann

Original Article

For the third time in a row since Common Core was fully phased in nationwide, U.S. student test scores on the nation’s broadest and most respected test have dropped, a reversal of an upward trend between 1990 and 2015.

Further, the class of 2019, the first to experience all four high school years under Common Core, is the worst-prepared for college in 15 years, according to a new report.

The National Assessment of Educational Progress is a federally mandated test given every other year in reading and mathematics to students in grades four and eight. (Periodically it also tests other subjects and grade levels.) 

Another Obama failure.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

First Common Core High School Grads
Worst-Prepared For College In 15 Years

by Joy Pullmann

Original Article

For the third time in a row since Common Core was fully phased in nationwide, U.S. student test scores on the nation’s broadest and most respected test have dropped, a reversal of an upward trend between 1990 and 2015.

Further, the class of 2019, the first to experience all four high school years under Common Core, is the worst-prepared for college in 15 years, according to a new report.

The National Assessment of Educational Progress is a federally mandated test given every other year in reading and mathematics to students in grades four and eight. (Periodically it also tests other subjects and grade levels.) 

Another Obama failure.

heaven help you if you don't have good influences for studying and thinking, hopefully it's your mom and dad.

42 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Because I forgot to let them know my name has changed like almost every married woman has had to do forever.  So this is not the cost of being trans this is the cost of being lazy. 

I think that he was just being a dickless ****head.

9 hours ago, Hedge said:

It ought to be a legal requirement that, as a trans person, you are not allowed to legally change your name until you're mature enough to accept that you had a previous legal name that will still exist in many systems going forward until you notify people of your name change.

How this person lived ten years being this immature and stupid is mind-boggling.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

EVEN IN CONSERVATIVE STATES, TAXPAYER-FUNDED UNIVERSITIES ARE PACKED WITH OFFICIOUS LEFTIES:  

Ole Miss employees go rogue, ‘unilaterally’ cancel conservative speaker event.

First of all, they didn't "go rogue."  The "employees" that cancelled the event run the Overby Center where the event was to be held, and they were well within their authority to cancel it. 

Second...the Overby Center was funded by the Freedom Forum. which is best known for funding the First Amendment Center at Vanderbilt, which makes this highly ironic.  :lol: