Predictions: Bills v. Jets

20-13 Jets

Fitz is so much better than Geno it's not funny. They will take away the run game and make Tyrod beat them. Without being able to run the ball I think we see a lot of 3 and outs.

Bills D needs to step up and actually play like a top unit as I don't see our O having a lot of space.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills have 5 DB's that are all above average and two that are excellent, the jets have one elite DB, and mediocre one, and no name safeties.

Bills D line, Jets D line push, however, Fitz is better at not taking sacks, so I'll give the edge to Jets.

Bills O line slightly better than Jets, especially what's left of Wood. Advantage Bills.

RB's, we have two very good one's, jets have one that is underwhelming of late, advantage Bills.

QB's experience I give the slight edge to Fitz at this point, but Tyrod has the edge in "IT" factor and QBR.

WR's, Bills have one elite, two serviceable Jets have one very good WR (Wouldn't call Marshall elite), and one above average in Decker. Advantage, neither.

TE's Advantage Bills.

Too me, it comes down to who can stop the run and force the QB to make plays. If the Jets stop our run game (doubtful) I think Tyrod has more weapons with that depleted secondary of the Jets. In fact I think this week we should pass to set up the run.

Bills - 33

Jets - 17

Tim-

Wouldnt a more revealing comparison be between the teams' offenses and defenses? For instance, I slso think the Bills' RBs are better, but that advantage is negated by the NYJ run defense superiority. In this case, I think the Jets have the run game advantage, not the Bills.

Over the last five years, the Bills are 1-4 at the Jets. Short week, same old same old D, Shady with a sore wing, Percy Harvin flying over the cuckoo's nest, Revis back in the Meadowlands, IK a center of attention...odds say the Bills lose this one. I, however, think they win it going away, something like 33-13. Now where did I stash that bottle of Red Breast...

The team that wants it more wins! Stats are BS. Look at what Oak and the Jags did. Last week Ivory for 26yrds. Cromartie has been horrible. Any given Thursday. We better start hot and keep our foot on Fitzy throat. If Carr and Bortles managed the Jets D so can TT.

Not sure of score but Bills have dominated Jets in last 3 meetings and have more speed and game changing type players on both sides of ball. Neither one has beaten a team yet over .500. Should be close. thursdays usually sloppy for both teams and will come down to big plays.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The Jets have the best run D in the league and a corner capable of single handedly removing Watkins from the game.

The Jets also have Ryan Fitzpatrick at the helm: advantage Bills.

Will be close; I'll say the Bills win by less than a TD.

No, he can't. Watkins got open against Revis a lot last year, the QB just couldn't get the ball to him. Revis, although still very good, is on the decline. Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

The Jets have the best run D in the league and a corner capable of single handedly removing Watkins from the game.

The Jets also have Ryan Fitzpatrick at the helm: advantage Bills.

Will be close; I'll say the Bills win by less than a TD.

The Jaguars have the best run D in the league. I realize that defensive "rankings" typically use yards/game, but that stat can get skewed fairly easily.

The best run defenses limit yards/carry, not necessarily yards/game (that most often falls upon whether or not you have a lead).

Jacksonville is allowing a paltry 3.2 yards/carry, best in the NFL. The Jets are tied for 5th at 3.8.

For the record, Buffalo is right behind them at 3.9 yards/carry.

As to a CB that can remove Watkins; no. If he couldn't remove Amari Cooper or Allen Robinson, he's not going to remove Watkins.

games like this I fear karma will bite me on the azz

Buffalo 28 NYETS 19

Bills get 1 maybe 2 INT's in the game

The Jaguars have the best run D in the league. I realize that defensive "rankings" typically use yards/game, but that stat can get skewed fairly easily.

The best run defenses limit yards/carry, not necessarily yards/game (that most often falls upon whether or not you have a lead).

Jacksonville is allowing a paltry 3.2 yards/carry, best in the NFL. The Jets are tied for 5th at 3.8.

For the record, Buffalo is right behind them at 3.9 yards/carry.

As to a CB that can remove Watkins; no. If he couldn't remove Amari Cooper or Allen Robinson, he's not going to remove Watkins.

I'm starting to think the Jags are really not as bad as their record indicates.

It'll take a perfect game by us, and for us to not commit many penalties. The Jets will be prepared, and have home field advantage.

While I think the Bills have more talent, I think the Jets are better coached. The Bills also have a history of showing up small on the national stage.

I want to predict the Bills will win a tight one, but I can't help but feel like the Jets are going to dominate us, because we'll keep screwing ourselves with dumb penalties, and stupid play calls.

Bills 10

Jets 27

It'll take a perfect game by us, and for us to not commit many penalties. The Jets will be prepared, and have home field advantage.

While I think the Bills have more talent, I think the Jets are better coached. The Bills also have a history of showing up small on the national stage.

I want to predict the Bills will win a tight one, but I can't help but feel like the Jets are going to dominate us, because we'll keep screwing ourselves with dumb penalties, and stupid play calls.

Bills 10

Jets 27

I don't think it's prudent to factor this into your prediction when so much about this team is different this year.

Bills 10

Jets 27

The Jets, Fitz, and Chan have the same history... So it is a push when it comes to showing up small.

I don't think it's prudent to factor this into your prediction when so much about this team is different this year.

So different that we're doing the same things this year as we have in the past? Injury excuses, dumb penalties, poor game planning, shrinking in 'national'* games? Sure the pieces are different, but at .500 we haven't really changed the results yet. Hopefully Rex and co can turn things around, though.

*NYG @ Buffalo was shown in most of the country, Buf vs Jags was the only morning football game, so I'm counting those as national in a sense. Pats @ Buf had a boat load of media build up in advance.

Edited by Dorkington

20-13 Jets

Fitz is so much better than Geno it's not funny. They will take away the run game and make Tyrod beat them. Without being able to run the ball I think we see a lot of 3 and outs.

Bills D needs to step up and actually play like a top unit as I don't see our O having a lot of space.

Fitz being better then Geno is like saying one garbage can looks better then the other... In the end they are both garbage cans