Bills Defense is Sorely in Need of a Linebacker Leader

LB is in my mind by FAR the weakest unit on this team, on either side of the ball.

A high quality inside linebacker leading the defense would really transform the unit.

Brown, Lawson, and Bradham have all played OK at best. Given how strong the D-Line and secondary is, all they are being asked to do is not screw things up.

An actual playmaker would change the whole tenor of the defense.

Paul Worrilow is a free agent after this season and would be a nice addition. Danny Trevathan is a free agent also. Reggie Ragland coming out of Alabama would be a nice add.

Huh, I though Preston Brown was the man, the coach's son, the genius signal caller, Whaley's great find. That's why we traded Kiko. And Nigel Bradham just a few months ago was the emerging playmaking superstar about to have a breakout year.

Edited by Charles Romes

Huh, I though Preston Brown was the man, the coach's son, the genius signal caller, Whaley's great find. It's that why we traded Kiko. And Nigel Bradham just a few months ago was the emerging playmaking superstar about to have a breakout year.

The linebackers were emerging stars last season. Now they need to be replaced. Hmm...

Do you like Paul Worrilow because of his stats or have you actually seen him play? I wouldn't swap Brown for him. He has a nose for the ball but is not the play maker you want. He misses tackles, often reads the wrong gap and can't play sideline to sideline. A good LB, no doubt, but not better than Brown IMO. I've watched him play two years now since having him as a IDP fantasy player

And he would have been out most of the season to date like he has been in philly. How does that possibly help this defense?

Kiko would be awesome in this defense. Pretty sure we could have gotten McCoy for a lot less. Chip Kelly was determined to get rid of him.

Kiko would be awesome in this defense. Pretty sure we could have gotten McCoy for a lot less. Chip Kelly was determined to get rid of him.

surprised to see this - Kiko's biggest issue here was the same thing the current LBs are doing. Over pursuit. Edited by YoloinOhio

Huh, I though Preston Brown was the man, the coach's son, the genius signal caller, Whaley's great find. It's that why we traded Kiko. And Nigel Bradham just a few months ago was the emerging playmaking superstar about to have a breakout year.

didn't anyone see Shady's freakin' out of this world run on Sunday? I'll trade that kind of play for some linebacker leader thing any day. This is a system defense, run stuff up front, then fast pressure get the ball out. the names on the jerseys mean less than everyone doing their job. having some LB leader person so we can hero worship him is pretty useless . NFL is an offense driven league. Build a great offense and go win games with it.