Phoniest phony of the phonies

4merper4mer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So true. :lol:

It was, then when he was playing in China last year he changed it to Panda Friend (legally, again I think). There might even have been a name change in between those two that I'm forgetting.

At one point I think he was Earth B. Free. Or Eath B. Ware. I forget which.

Considering I was having fun at the expense of the OP and not Hawking your offense is misplaced.

It was not at my expense. I did not, nor will I, ever make fun of his affliction. It is truly sad I wish he did not have to endure it. What makes him a phony has nothing to do with his disease.

I did not, nor will I, ever make fun of his affliction.

Yeah, I know. I was making fun of you including him on the list which was ridiculous. I was just highlighting the ridiculousness of it but I guess when people are looking for a reason to take offense, they do.

Yeah, I know. I was making fun of you including him on the list which was ridiculous. I was just highlighting the ridiculousness of it but I guess when people are looking for a reason to take offense, they do.

Dude. Mirror.

Why on Earth is Hawking above criticism?

Dude. Mirror.

Why on Earth is Hawking above criticism?

I'm taking offense? Well, thanks for letting me know, I was unaware.

And of course he's not above criticism. However, calling someone a "phony" means something to me. It means they act one way but are really another. They put on a front. Much if it can be seen in their demeanor but I'll give you, that's not it in total. Given that Hawking has ALS he can't really change his demeanor, it means you'd really have to prove your case to call him a "phony."

Granted, I'm guessing that this was the purpose of the thread, you wanting to lay out your thoughts on what makes him a "phony", so have at it, someone asked!

JJ Watt. Just gonna say it. Great football player, but living in Houson, he's everywhere. They always paint this "Humble, every day guy who just comes to do his job, isn't about the fancy life, does it for love of hard work, not money" picture, yet he's on every damn billboard and radio/TV comercial in town. Pretty sure he's not doing it for free.