Tyrod Taylor stats

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he's not a franchise QB yet, huh. Let me ask this: if Tyrod was a #1 pick in the 2015 draft with these stats instead of a 4-year backup, would we not declare him our savior? Pedigree trumps performance, doesn't it?

I WANT Tyrod to be the franchise QB

After Fitz....Edward.....etc I am skiddish on guys that dont have at least a full season of work.

There are really two definitions of "Franchise QB." Guys who are drafted in the top 5-10 are always labeled franchise QBs because that is what is hoped from them or expected from them. When Winston or Mariota are drafted they would be called franchise QBs because of the draft. But no one would say that either of them is a guaranteed "franchise QB" or are playing like a "franchise QB" which is obviously the second definition. TT is only to be considered by the second definition and only the most delusional would say after six games he's a mortal lock to be a franchise QB, which usually infers he will be the leader for a decade

And yet if Winston or Mariota had Taylor's stat line, they would be considered established stars. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Yes, he was sliding. Face first and at the last second, where defenders can still roll up on him without worrying about a late hit penalty. That's not a recipe for staying healthy.

If you read what I wrote, I said that he needs to learn how to slide.

Yeah, the feet first slide worked well for Bridgewater today.

And yet if Winston or Mariota had Taylor's stat line, they would be considered established stars.

To who, the media? The fans who are jumping to conclusions too quickly?

RG3 was an established star too. Why can't you be content with him playing very well, and fans being encouraged by that? Why do you have to go to battle with some amorphous target every time a Bills player does something?

Edited by FireChan

To who, the media? The fans who are jumping to conclusions too quickly?

RG3 was an established star too. Why can't you be content with him playing very well, and fans being encouraged by that? Why do you have to go to battle with some amorphous target every time a Bills player does something?

To be fair

I think Promo does this (and frankly I do it to) because there will ineviitably be someone here who will start argueing that Tyrod is NOT the guy for sure and start degrading him

Brings me out of the woodwork every time

Promo I dont know if I agree with that......

I would definately consider them promising

You know it's true. The media would be going crazy over the #1 picks playing like studs...which is what TT is playing like right now.

Pedigree trumps performance.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

To be fair

I think Promo does this (and frankly I do it to) because there will ineviitably be someone here who will start argueing that Tyrod is NOT the guy for sure and start degrading him

I don't think so.

To be fair

Why do you think people hedge their opinions of TT? Because no one wants to believe he's as good as he is playing. Because no one wants to believe a QB out of nowhere can be that good, even if he is.

I love him, and love his accuracy, especially his deep ball accuracy.

But, as someone said in the gameday thread today, seemed like he was basically a 1-read QB today. Other than those bombs today (which were awesome), we didn't see much in the middle of the field. Don't think Clay or Woods even had catches (or even targets).

I am hoping as the season progresses, he gets more mature in his reads.

He did seem to stare down his guy. But the way Sammy abused Grimes all day

Taylor could have told them he was throwing to Sammy and it wouldnt have mattered. I think Clay had a catch or 2. And i have to wonder about the onsides recover by woods. Was he being sarcastic. Why was he so amped to recover the ball. It was almost like "yes, i will get to touch the ball today".

To be fair to the media, they have been talking up TT quite a bit. If he doesn't get hurt and we beat the Jags, then Rex and TT are everywhere.

Beat the Pats and he will be listed in the group right after Brady/Manning/Rodgers with Luck, Newton(though he is moving into rare air territory), Wilson, and Roethlisberger.

You know it's true. The media would be going crazy over the #1 picks playing like studs...which is what TT is playing like right now.

Pedigree trumps performance.

And they should. And then if they kept it up they would indeed be franchise QBs. And if they didn't suddenly the media would be all over them the other way and saying not so fast, the same way they did with RG3-n-out and Kap and others. That is nothing new. The Bills are 4-4 and have underachieved according to most of the nation and most of the Bills fan base. If TT finishes the season in the top ten in passing and the Bills make the playoffs the media will be all over him and calling him a possible franchise QB.

What, exactly, is wrong with the media annointing a 'somebody' - a top 5 overall pick - as a franchise QB over the quick start of a 'nobody' - a sixth round pick who hasnt played in four years?

Why do you think people hedge their opinions of TT? Because no one wants to believe he's as good as he is playing. Because no one wants to believe a QB out of nowhere can be that good, even if he is.

Because six games doesn't prove it, the same way you (and I and a lot of others) argued six games doesn't prove EJ is not going to be good.

And they should. And then if they kept it up they would indeed be franchise QBs. And if they didn't suddenly the media would be all over them the other way and saying not so fast, the same way they did with RG3-n-out and Kap and others. That is nothing new. The Bills are 4-4 and have underachieved according to most of the nation and most of the Bills fan base. If TT finishes the season in the top ten in passing and the Bills make the playoffs the media will be all over him and calling him a possible franchise QB.

What, exactly, is wrong with the media annointing a 'somebody' - a top 5 overall pick - as a franchise QB over the quick start of a 'nobody' - a sixth round pick who hasnt played in four years?

Because six games doesn't prove it, the same way you (and I and a lot of others) argued six games doesn't prove EJ is not going to be good.

Because it's judging a player by something other than performance. And BTW TT is 4-2 as a starter.

But does 6 games prove a #1 picked QB to be good? Edited by PromoTheRobot

Because it's judging a player by something other than performance.

You should. There is a much better chance that Sammy Watkins is going to prove to be a far better player after six games of 30 catches and 400 yards than Chris Hogan if he got 30 catches and 400 yards in his first six games. That's a fact.

You should. There is a much better chance that Sammy Watkins is going to prove to be a far better player after six games of 30 catches and 400 yards than Chris Hogan if he got 30 catches and 400 yards in his first six games. That's a fact.

So pedigree does trump performance.