Week 10: TNF Jets' Game Preparation - Mills Starts at RT

134 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Bills Win on Thursday Night?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we shot our wad versus miami. this team hasn't played well twice in a row in forever.

Congrats, you've got a 50/50 shot to be right, and if you aren't, next week you can come back and make the same prediction. Not bad odds you are playing.

Edited by What a Tuel

Short week demanding greater mental focus

With the Bills having half the time they normally do to prepare for their Thursday night game against the Jets and recuperate from their Sunday win over Miami, Buffalo will need to master the game plan with mental reps.

Marshall: 'We Just Want to Get to Six' (2:41)

Veteran WR Preparing for Bills Pressure Defense

A must win for the Buffalo Bills

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Currently 7th seed after leapfrogging Oakland their loss to the Pittsburgh

Get the win and for the week hold a WC spot.

Well...... Step 1 {check}

Do you mean to say that Geno will present IK with a $600.00 check just before the coin flip?

I'm trying to figure out a way to de-emphasize the importance of this game...to no avail. We win and we're "contenders" for a playoff spot and ready to make a run. We lose and we're pretty much also rans.. On the good side we have some very potent offensive weapons back and the defense looked pretty good on Sunday and may be jelling to its own defensive game plan...little bit Schwartz little bit Rex. Gotta beat the Jets.

I voted no.

It's so stinking difficult to turn around and play on the short week. Now you lump in that it's a road game (so you lose a day's preparation to travel), against a divisional opponent that is physical, plays tough defense, and well-coached.

We have to hope that the coaching staff was able to get a good amount of game preparation done during the bye week, because this is as close to a must-win game as we have in November.

Tell you what, I'll call it right now: they win this game, they're going to the playoffs.

Do we really lose a day's preparation by flying 45 minutes to NYC? I would think we can schedule practice time around that short travel time.

Looks like the Jets are having a good bit of injury issues themselves...Bills may be catching a break here.

Do we really lose a day's preparation by flying 45 minutes to NYC? I would think we can schedule practice time around that short travel time.

Yeah, that sounds silly, I agree.

Looks like the Jets are having a good bit of injury issues themselves...Bills may be catching a break here.

Yeah, that sounds silly, I agree.

yeah they are down 2 safeties, a center and kicker. But, we are down one safety and a DT. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm sure that you realize that it's more than simply 45 minutes.

Even with the way sports teams have their travel expedited, you're still talking a good 3-4 hours to travel, get to your staging facility, get set up, etc.

Basically your Tuesday becomes your normal Thursday routine, and your Wednesday becomes your normal Saturday (no practice). You have a Monday install/walk-through, a Tuesday practice, and a Wednesday walk-through. That's it.

Compare that with the home team, who gets a Monday install/walk-through, Tuesday and Wednesday practice, and then does their final walk-through on Thursday late morning.

Rodak article

Tyrod Taylor, Ryan Fitzpatrick offer surprising Bills-Jets QB battle

Fitzpatrick's career with the Bills was in part ended by his often-reckless decisions with the football. He had an NFL-high 23 interceptions in 2011 and added 16 more in 2012, never exceeding an average Total QBR of 50.0 in Buffalo.

Taylor has completed 71.8 percent of his passes in six games this season, which would break the NFL's single-season record of 71.2 percent set by Drew Brees in 2011 with a minimum of 14 attempts per scheduled game.

The problem for Taylor, when healthy and able to play, has been his consistency. He has posted a Total QBR of 85.0 or higher in four games this season, but in his other two starts -- both losses -- his QBR dropped to 32.6 and 16.6. Those were also the only two games in which he exceeded 30 pass attempts.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/22020/ryan-fitzpatrick-tyrod-taylor-offer-surprising-bills-jets-qb-battle

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever