Week 10: TNF Jets' Game Preparation - Mills Starts at RT

134 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Bills Win on Thursday Night?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter King: "Rex will be extremely fired up" (15:23)

Did Blowhard King mention his ongoing man crush on Brady? or how much Rex annoys him?

it was a terrible interview IMO. I listened to the show last night. It was like King hadn't given any thought to the fact he was going on the show until they called him out of the blue and wile him from a deep sleep. He blasted the IK thing and said he wasn't sure that Rex really does normally name former players of the opponent to be captains. If he always does it though, then fine. But he was offended because he just didn't see how he could always do that. How does he not know that. Edited by YoloinOhio

I wonder how much Rex being familiar with many of these players at the next level plays in. Sure, all coaches have tape to watch, but you would think after coaching them he may know things like if a DT has a slow first step one way or another or if a certain LB struggles with dropping in coverage on the weak side. Small weaknesses, perhaps even that he schemed to cover up when there, may become opportunities when coaching from the other side of the field.

Yes, it is an edge. Almost the entire Bills coaching staff has deep knowledge of their personnel tendencies. May or may not mean anything in the end of course because the players need to execute the calls...but it is one reason why Schwartz was so successful against the Lions last year.

Other coach intel: Roman and Bowles from the NFC West (Roman won 3 of their 4 matchups), David Lee and Fitz, Kromer and Marshall.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Watch: Bills-Jets Preview (4:54)

Chris Brown and John Murphy discuss Rex's return to Metlife Stadium, taming the Jets' Big-body Wide Receivers, the Bills' running attack versus the 1st ranked run defense of the Jets and more.

7 Points: Jets-Bills on Thursday Night Football

Jets Don Their New Kelly Green Unis to Combat Rex Ryan's Bills and 'Get to Six' (Wins).

I expect to see "crazy man" Fitzpatrick tonight whipping up his team and the crowd into a frenzy. I'm really hoping that the Bills will be as fired up as the Jets and that stadium will be. Intensity in big games is something that's been lacking since the glory days. This is not just a normal regular season game. For all intents and purposes, this is a playoff game to put yourself in solid contention for a wildcard spot in the playoffs and will be won by the team that wants it the most. Better bring the passion and emotion Bills or you are going to lose this game.

I expect to see "crazy man" Fitzpatrick tonight whipping up his team and the crowd into a frenzy. I'm really hoping that the Bills will be as fired up as the Jets and that stadium will be. Intensity in big games is something that's been lacking since the glory days. This is not just a normal regular season game. For all intents and purposes, this is a playoff game to put yourself in solid contention for a wildcard spot in the playoffs and will be won by the team that wants it the most. Better bring the passion and emotion Bills or you are going to lose this game.

Isn't it normally the exact opposite with these teams this year? Bills have all the passion and Jets play like they are half asleep?

Isn't it normally the exact opposite with these teams this year? Bills have all the passion and Jets play like they are half asleep?

The Bills have had more personal foul penalties, but that doesn't equal passion to me. I just hope the Bills will match the Jets intensity tonight which I'm sure they are bringing.

The Bills have had more personal foul penalties, but that doesn't equal passion to me. I just hope the Bills will match the Jets intensity tonight which I'm sure they are bringing.

You don't think the Bills play with more passion than the Jets? We will have to agree to disagree. It's like night and day. Overall, execution will decide the outcome though.

How many Jest games have you watched? It's like they sleepwalk through half of their games.

You don't think the Bills play with more passion than the Jets? We will have to agree to disagree. It's like night and day. Overall, execution will decide the outcome though.

This game is different IMO. A lot of the Jets players are playing against their old coach. Fitz is going to be playing the team that basically dumped him. While Rex got fired, he isn't going to be playing on the field. What has happened in the games for both teams leading up to this have no bearing on the intensity that I think will be displayed tonight. I just hope the Bills bring the passion that I think the Jets will be bringing.

This game is different IMO. A lot of the Jets players are playing against their old coach. Fitz is going to be playing the team that basically dumped him. While Rex got fired, he isn't going to be playing on the field. What has happened in the games for both teams leading up to this have no bearing on the intensity that I think will be displayed tonight. I just hope the Bills bring the passion that I think the Jets will be bringing.

Lots of teams have dumped Fitz. But I was talking about the defense, not Fitz. He's always fired up.

@viccarucci

My "Take Five" on the #Bills for tonight's Rex Bowl I. http://bit.ly/1GW0TlY

@SalSports

Bills/Jets preview - stats and notes: http://www.wgr550.com/Bills-Jets-preview-notes-and-stats/22169659

@salmaiorana

At the midway point, the #Bills are ho hum. Again. Here are my first half season grades. http://on.rocne.ws/1NLsVlt

via @DandC

@ChrisBrownBills

Midseason award for Incognito http://wp.me/plmrg-bPG

@JoeBuscaglia

1) Hughes is the best pass rusher on the team and it isn't close. No one has the type of moves that he does. Should be lined up all over

2) Mario might be best suited to play inside in this defense. I really liked his game when they shifted him inside to occupy & play run

3) Hughes has done better with this, but, he was awful in edge contain vs. run against Miami. Taken advantage of quite a bit by the Dolphins

4) The linebacker and safety play of the #Bills is a legitimate weakness. Missed tackles, over-pursuit. Not good.

5) That said, Leodis McKelvin showed some real instinct as a safety. Average game for him, but, I'm eager to see him play there more.

6) Cordy Glenn has been a monster this year. Miami game might have been the best of his career. I'd re-sign him in a heartbeat.

7) Sammy Watkins made Brent Grimes look silly all game on a bum ankle. The guy is special. Can't wait to watch him versus Revis tonight.

That's all I've got for you. Well, besides that this is a completely different offense with Tyrod under center, but you already knew that.

@ChrisBrownBills

Hughes a fan of division games http://wp.me/plmrg-bPb