Forrest Gump Debate

Forrest Gump  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Why did Jenny marry forrest?

• A: Jenny was a whore, who was in love with Forrest.
    • B: Jenny was a whore, who took advantage of Forrest.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny, but I really thought about this when I was younger.

To me, it's a matter of love or in-love. She always loved Forrest for who he was, but could never be in-love with him. She definitely didn't respect him as an equal and just kind of treated him like a neighbors puppy that she knew she could give back. She cared if something happened to him, but he was never going to influence her decisions nor would she make any decisions for him.

When she comes back to him, it's because she needs to get herself back together. When she sleeps with him, I think it's more of a taking one for the team. She knows that he's in-love with her as much as she believes he can be with anyone. And, out of knowing she's that person to him, she does that for him. But leaves because he can't be that person to her.

At the end, she calls him because she Needs a father for her child, which I think she would have called Forrest whether it was his or not. She marries him because he wants it, not because she does. It's more of a, I'm dying anyways and you're gonna raise my kid.

End of the day, he was a convenience for her and technically a human being that cared about her. She used that when she needed it, but again, never respected him as an equal or a man

Settle a debate about Forrest Gump for me and a friend of mine. We've been having it for literally a decade now. Which is true? Or more true?

A: Jenny, after a lifetime of partying, drugs, promiscuity, etc, is finally old enough and wise enough to realize Forrest was the only man in her life who truly loved her and realized she loved him, was ready to finally settle down with him.

B: Jenny, after realizing she was dying, needs to find someone to take care of Forrest Jr. Realizing that Forrest Sr. is a sap, and in love with her, and now a multi millionaire, can take care of Forrest Jr, as well as her and all of her medical bills for the last little bit of time she had, and married him out of desperation, not love.

she may have loved him but like a brother

Obviously it's just a movie and not based in reality, but my assessment is she loved him, but girls like her tend to gravitate towards guys who are like their fathers, IOW who treat them like ****. Forrest was safe. He was also simple and she probably didn't think he could provide for her or her eventual kids. When she had a baby, or soon thereafter, she matured and started thinking differently and saw that Forrest was successful enough to provide for her/their son.

Also, how the hell does Forrest and his kid not have AIDS?

I figure because she didn't have it the first time they had sex and he used protection after they got back together. As for not giving it to her kid, she might have gotten infected after she had him.

Edited by Doc

It's funny, but I really thought about this when I was younger.

To me, it's a matter of love or in-love. She always loved Forrest for who he was, but could never be in-love with him. She definitely didn't respect him as an equal and just kind of treated him like a neighbors puppy that she knew she could give back. She cared if something happened to him, but he was never going to influence her decisions nor would she make any decisions for him.

When she comes back to him, it's because she needs to get herself back together. When she sleeps with him, I think it's more of a taking one for the team. She knows that he's in-love with her as much as she believes he can be with anyone. And, out of knowing she's that person to him, she does that for him. But leaves because he can't be that person to her.

At the end, she calls him because she Needs a father for her child, which I think she would have called Forrest whether it was his or not. She marries him because he wants it, not because she does. It's more of a, I'm dying anyways and you're gonna raise my kid.

End of the day, he was a convenience for her and technically a human being that cared about her. She used that when she needed it, but again, never respected him as an equal or a man

End of thread. This is the correct answer. Well formulated.