Syracuse Basketball 2015-2016

inkman

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF???? Mark Coyle is going to MN????? He is walking into a hornets nest with that whole Richard Pitino mess

http://www.syracuse.com/orangesports/index.ssf/2016/05/syracuse_athletic_director_mark_coyle_leaving_for_position_at_minnesota.html#incart_m-rpt-1

Holy crap! This sucks. At least he got us Dino Babers. I wonder if the "family reasons" justification is real, or if he was just unhappy with his role at SU. More than a few people feel that Coyle felt slighted because his hand was forced with the Mike Hopkins appointment.

Interesting...

Holy crap! This sucks. At least he got us Dino Babers. I wonder if the "family reasons" justification is real, or if he was just unhappy with his role at SU. More than a few people feel that Coyle felt slighted because his hand was forced with the Mike Hopkins appointment.

Interesting...

I hadn't heard that. That's interesting.

Just throwing a guess out there. I'd think not playing in the 5 on 5 means that one or more teams has told him they want to draft him and that they don't want him getting hurt in combine scrimmages.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

sounds pretty official...best of luck to him, he could be a star in the nba

http://dailyorange.com/2016/05/malachi-richardson-will-reportedly-stay-in-nba-draft-and-not-return-to-syracuse/

I don't get this from a $ perspective. He is not going in the lottery. He is a borderline 1st rounder, but I would bet will slip to the 2nd round. Why not stay and boost your draft status?

I don't get this from a $ perspective. He is not going in the lottery. He is a borderline 1st rounder, but I would bet will slip to the 2nd round. Why not stay and boost your draft status?

I think he'll be closer to the top of the first than the second. There's no guarantees that his stock will ever be higher. Injuries happen. He'll be getting paid this year and will be one year closer to his second contract (the big money).

I think he'll be closer to the top of the first than the second. There's no guarantees that his stock will ever be higher. Injuries happen. He'll be getting paid this year and will be one year closer to his second contract (the big money).

Yeah his stock could climb eve so slightly for next year but he's almost a lock for the first round and that is guaranteed money. Enough to set you up for life. So many young players never do set themselves up this way but the allure is to much. It's just the way college hoops operates now.

How do they manage to get taxpayers to pay for this place?:

The Board of Trustees also gave the university approval to seek private donations, governmental support and other resources to help raise funds to complete the project.