Just can't re-boot the enthusiasm

Virgil

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Except for the Jags loss, the Bills were beaten by two teams who outmatched them and had well established QBs and systems. Make that extremely well established QBs and systems.

The Jags loss was a bad one, but it did happen against our backup QB- who happened to have a horrible game.

They might not turn into legit contenders, but they most assuredly are better than we saw early last Sunday AM and should continue to improve.

doesn't matter how it happened; it further exposed the folly of taking EJ in the 1st round. Aside from his q2 implosion, there were plenty of other gaffes made by EJ, 2 of which are his M.O.: missing guys badly, esp. on swing/dumpoffs, and poor field vision (i.e., Gragg & Clay wide open in the EZ)

Take care of the Pats in Foxboro in primetime and many sins will be forgiven.

surely you jest

I agree with this. Many of the players are not as good as most people thought. I knew we were in trouble when players were talking about being the best defense ever before ever playing a regular season game.

I don't think it was the players talking that nonsense; I believe it was Rex. Equally as bad if not worse for him to say it. Complete buffoonery.

Roman had a decent offense when it wasn't destroyed by injuries.

The Bills missing the Playoffs for 15 years has no impact on this season.

I disagree that Rex is on a downward spiral, but he has to get the Dline to be doing what it does best.

We didn't lose to the jags. Manuel threw that game away. No pick sixes = 13-7 at the half with the jaguars losing. Take solace in the fact that we came back 27-3 to nearly win it.

Lastly, each game is it's own matchup. The Titans gave the Falcons a run for their money, and a 1-5 Baltimore team nearly beat a 5-2 Arizona Cardinals. Do you think Cardinal fans are pitying themselves about how they almost lost?

So take your optimism back! Maybe we win, maybe we lose, but it makes it a lot more fun of an experience than being that sarcastic bills fan, that ruins everyone's good thoughts!

Damn, you have a point. I keep looking at all the negatives and try to keep in mind that the injuries (and whatever Harvin is doing) are making this team bad. Roman and Rex can right the team. I hope they do so. I also hope Taylor is ready to go, but Manuel is not bad, well he cant be an worse then the first half of the jags game. if he can do what he did in the 2nd half of that game in every game, the bills will be fine. They also have to find a way to get McCoy going.

doesn't matter how it happened; it further exposed the folly of taking EJ in the 1st round. Aside from his q2 implosion, there were plenty of other gaffes made by EJ, 2 of which are his M.O.: missing guys badly, esp. on swing/dumpoffs, and poor field vision (i.e., Gragg & Clay wide open in the EZ)

surely you jest

I don't think it was the players talking that nonsense; I believe it was Rex. Equally as bad if not worse for him to say it. Complete buffoonery.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/29/bills-think-they-can-have-the-greatest-defense-ever/

Another quote attributed to Rex falsely as far as I can tell. I believe the only notion that included Rex is that the 85 Bears were coached by his father. But keep the awful loudmouth Rex narrative going!

Damn, you have a point. I keep looking at all the negatives and try to keep in mind that the injuries (and whatever Harvin is doing) are making this team bad. Roman and Rex can right the team. I hope they do so. I also hope Taylor is ready to go, but Manuel is not bad, well he cant be an worse then the first half of the jags game. if he can do what he did in the 2nd half of that game in every game, the bills will be fine. They also have to find a way to get McCoy going.

I think inconsistency is Manuel's greatest downfall. He can make some decent throws, and play well, but when he is bad - he is BAD. Throwing at feet, behind WR's, to DB's, and then turns around and bombs one to Easley. :wallbash:

Tyrod will definitely come in and do better though. We really needed this bye week for any number of reasons.

This has to be one the sorryest threads all week

Jesus H. Christ

Yet here you are, still having to make a comment. It's funny how you get annoyed with the pessimism or whatever you want to call it, and your response is to get involved with your own brand of negativity.

This has to be one the sorryest threads all week

Jesus H. Christ

Grieving has 5 stages: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance.

All 5 are represented in this thread.

You seem to be in the anger stage.

I'm in the same boat. I assume we'll win a few games that will, unfortunately, sell me on the possibility of playoffs, but we'll just come up small again. I'm kind of at a point where I don't even want to bother watching the games anymore after 15 years of the same thing.

The whole 'we need a QB' excuse is nonsense, though. Plenty of teams have made the playoffs over the years with bad/mediocre QBs. We just suck as a franchise.

Organizational disorder is being recognized by people who follow the league. The hiring of Rex didn't help stabilize the situation, it created more tension within the ranks. Teams that underachieve receive more scrutiny and problems that were considered manageable become magnified.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/28/nfl-dysfunctional-teams-colts-49ers-texans-cowboys-bills

Just an observation: I have a question for those who are bothered by this topic and the ensuing discussion? Why bother to comment? Just ignore the topic and find another thread to complain about.

Organizational disorder is being recognized by people who follow the league. The hiring of Rex didn't help stabilize the situation, it created more tension within the ranks. Teams that underachieve receive more scrutiny and problems that were considered manageable become magnified.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/28/nfl-dysfunctional-teams-colts-49ers-texans-cowboys-bills

Just an observation: I have a question for those who are bothered by this topic and the ensuing discussion? Why bother to comment? Just ignore the topic and find another thread to complain about.

They would be doing the exact same thing in another thread so you end up back to square 1.

That is a good write-up on the BIlls. Summarizes things nicely. If it is that obvious to the national media, it must be obvious to the owners.

They would be doing the exact same thing in another thread so you end up back to square 1.

Maybe their real intention is to bump up the thread? LOL

It's like going to the same restaurant over and over and always complaining about the food and the service. When asked why they don't go to another restaurant their response is: The reason I go to this restaurant is so that I can complain about the food and the service. That's why I go there! :wallbash:

That is a good write-up on the BIlls. Summarizes things nicely. If it is that obvious to the national media, it must be obvious to the owners.

Even an owner who is more familiar with hockey can recognize that his heavily penalized and underachieving team is not well coached. The coaching hire was their hire. They have no one else to blame.

Maybe their real intention is to bump up the thread? LOL

It's like going to the same restaurant over and over and always complaining about the food and the service. When asked why they don't go to another restaurant their response is: The reason I go to this restaurant is so that I can complain about the food and the service. That's why I go there! :wallbash:

Very good point! Some live to complain no matter what. I remember one time taking a friend from out of town to Duffs for wings. They were cooked to perfection and this guy is a wing lover. I asked him what he thought and his response was eh nothing special however I have had wings in his neck of the woods and they were grose--I wouldnt be going back for more just to complain either lol. Point being no matter what with him he loves to complain about any and everything.

I'm in the same boat. I assume we'll win a few games that will, unfortunately, sell me on the possibility of playoffs, but we'll just come up small again. I'm kind of at a point where I don't even want to bother watching the games anymore after 15 years of the same thing.

The whole 'we need a QB' excuse is nonsense, though. Plenty of teams have made the playoffs over the years with bad/mediocre QBs. We just suck as a franchise.

The NFL playoffs , home of the bad / mediocre QB's. This is where they really shine...

The NFL playoffs , home of the bad / mediocre QB's. This is where they really shine...

That is not what I'm saying. I'm saying there is usually one or two teams that make the playoffs every year with a questionable QB. It's just never us. So it's more than 'just get a good QB'.

That is not what I'm saying. I'm saying there is usually one or two teams that make the playoffs every year with a questionable QB. It's just never us. So it's more than 'just get a good QB'.

Yes, there is generally an outlier. It's often a team in a weak division that qualifies as a division champ due to the automatic berth for division winners. It's never the Bills because Brady / Belichick reside in the AFC East. That means the Bills are automatically assigned to the wild card track. It still comes down mostly to having an upper level QB.

The OP nailed it for me. It's just hard to find the optimism. Mine was guarded because I thought/think Rex Ryan is an ass, but the defense was top notch, and we had some exciting new players on offense. What is so discouraging is the team going backwards on defense. From number four in yards and number one in sacks to...well, whatever they are. And the penalties. You just lose your steam.

But I think most of us will get it back eventually, especially if they beat the Pats*.