Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

there's a difference between understandable but technically flawed and indiscernible and unrecognizable as any language. as stated elsewhere, it speaks to the validity of "college" sports.

No need to limit it to collegiate athletics. It speaks to the educational system of the USA, which is beyond broken and has been that way for decades.

But let's not get into politics now.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marshawn Lynch, Mike Tyson, I could go on. Not that I'm saying Watkins is stupid, just you can be successful in sports and still be stupid. Much harder to be successful and stupid outside of sports however.

If you think Mike Tyson is stupid, I'd suggest you watch his one-man Broadway show from a few years back. HBO filmed it, so you should still be able to see it.

Uneducated is not the same thing as stupid

As for your last sentence, I've found that's usually, but not always, the case, depending on who mommy and/or daddy is.

Edited by MattM

Agreed. There's an alarming rate of dbags out there.

yep. take em down Sammy. knuckleheads. same guys who get bombed and slide down upper deck handrails. morons.

He just needs to stop talking until his play can keep up with his mouth

So far he has been a bust compared to his wr piers drafted that same year and seems to always be fighting through some sort of injury

isn't that about 90% of the "fans" here?

yep that's pretty much most Bills fans. not exactly your "thinking man's" fanbase. but its ok, knuckleheads make the tailgates far more entertaining.. gotta take the good with the bad... :)

If you think Mike Tyson is stupid, I'd suggest you watch his one-man Broadway show from a few years back. HBO filmed it, so you should still be able to see it.

Uneducated is not the same thing as stupid

As for your last sentence, I've found that's usually, but not always, the case, depending on who mommy and/or daddy is.

Pretty sure that was a Spike Lee production wasnt it?

Pretty sure Mike Tyson is stupid. I mean, how many people you know of that has bitten the ear off of another human being. And I like Tyson.

And he raped a girl. passed out at a red light with cocaine on the dashboard, got a tattoo on his face, told Lennox Lewis he would eat his children.

My father in law is uneducated and cant write, but im pretty sure hes more intelligent than Mike Tyson.

This guy is a young kid that thinks he is above the rest of us because he was a highly toted prospect his whole life with everyone kissing his ass. He is finding out that it's not easy. He lost my respect. Go get hurt on another team please. Telling the critics, the majority of them blue collar, that they have little lives is a reflection of this kid's perception of himself compared to others. Way to represent your brand. Learn how to speak properly. Ice up and shut up "son". What a chump...

This guy is a young kid that thinks he is above the rest of us because he was a highly toted prospect his whole life with everyone kissing his ass. He is finding out that it's not easy. He lost my respect. Go get hurt on another team please. Telling the critics, the majority of them blue collar, that they have little lives is a reflection of this kid's perception of himself compared to others. Way to represent your brand. Learn how to speak properly. Ice up and shut up "son". What a chump...

Marshawn Lynch, Mike Tyson, I could go on. Not that I'm saying Watkins is stupid, just you can be successful in sports and still be stupid. Much harder to be successful and stupid outside of sports however.

he aint stupid so much as a young dumb kid. at that age ? for me they are all young and dumb.

not the same as stupid. stupid means you cannot learn, Dumb means you do not know anything yet.

Dumb, after a lengthy period of years can reveal stupid though.

Young and dumb. Sun rises, Sun sets.

it is just the way it is

Given his writing/communication skills he couldn't last 10 minutes in any job that wasn't almost exclusively physical.

I'll again mention the theory that it was talk to text- so some of the issues were possibly him giving a knee jerk verbal rant and posting without looking at it. Poor communication still but maybe not idiot writer.

is that what he thinks?

Y'all are whiny pathetic bitches. Y'all don't have little jobs, just little minds. ;)

Yea We Do!!!

bitches!

King Watkins a chump?? This isn't some average civilian we are talking about.

Blue Collar jobs are hard. Way too much manual labor.

It takes a certain individual to work those jobs. He obviously is not that type and most aren't.

Let's not exaggerate the situation here. The guy is a star and should be treated like one.

Imo

King Watkins a chump?? This isn't some average civilian we are talking about.

Blue Collar jobs are hard. Way too much manual labor.

It takes a certain individual to work those jobs. He obviously is not that type and most aren't.

Let's not exaggerate the situation here. The guy is a star and should be treated like one.

Imo

Leroi you do give me a chuckle now, and again.

well played. good honest literary wit my friend. carry on, please.

But its spelled Manuel.

Occasionally i dont feel you are vested in Bills fandom though with slip ups such as these.

Pretty sure that was a Spike Lee production wasnt it?

Pretty sure Mike Tyson is stupid. I mean, how many people you know of that has bitten the ear off of another human being. And I like Tyson.And he raped a girl. passed out at a red light with cocaine on the dashboard, got a tattoo on his face, told Lennox Lewis he would eat his children. My father in law is uneducated and cant write, but im pretty sure hes more intelligent than Mike Tyson.

Go watch and come back to me--he's not dumb by a long stretch, but was born into a pretty bad situation and made some stupid choices after he lost Cus D'Amato. (BTW, not sure what it being a Spike Lee production (if it is) has anything to do with it). Then again, I've seen young Ivy Leaguers make some of those bad choices you wrote about, too, particularly while under the influence.

Agreed.

I dont understand the logic behind locking some controversial threads that actually have a structured debate - often involving anti-NFL language or possibility of corruption and game fixing, and allowing this 29 page fiasco that has devolved into a comparison of children in a pushing fight?

This thread is being allowed because it is an easy distraction that lets fans quibble among themselves rather than a thread where the NFL is a target which immediately gets locked.

When you figure out how this threads continuation contributes positively to the community, let me know. On its face, it sure as hell looks like censorship when some are locked and others are not by the mods. It makes TBD being just another agenda controlled media source.

You're welcome to find a place that suits you better.

Holy crap, I think I just found the perfect Christmas gift for everyone in this thread!!

51gnL6g7izL._SX425_.jpg

:lol:

When I was getting ready to start my career, I was lucky to have a mentor who gave me some great advice: Anyone who is very successful at what they do isn't stupid. Regardless of how well or how poorly they talk, or how good or bad their grammar is, if they're successful at a high level, they're not stupid. This advice has never failed me in the 24 years since.

Sammy's not stupid. To make it at the NFL level requires a great deal of mental discipline and determination, and I would bet that he could succeed in another profession if he really put his mind to it.

i just disagree. the guy was gifted with great physical skills. he parlayed those into an nfl career. he likely put in the 10,000 hours of work that malcolm gladwell http://www.newyorker.com/news/sporting-scene/complexity-and-the-ten-thousand-hour-rule writes about being required to be an expert in anything (now THAT, i find to be true). doesn't make him smart. ever met a savant?

Edited by birdog1960

i just disagree. the guy was gifted with great physical skills. he parlayed those into an nfl career. he likely put in the 10,000 hours of work that malcolm gladwell http://www.newyorker.com/news/sporting-scene/complexity-and-the-ten-thousand-hour-rule writes about being required to be an expert in anything (now THAT, i find to be true). doesn't make him smart. ever met a savant?

No. Have you? And if so, who was s/he?

I saw Steph Curry play live once, though. Best performance I've ever seen in person. He's an offensive savant in my book.

No. Have you? And if so, who was s/he?

I saw Steph Curry play live once, though. Best performance I've ever seen in person. He's an offensive savant in my book.

yes. have to leave it t that. but it's not necessary to make the point. extraordinary athletic ability does not equate to intelligence. the dumb jock concept certainly has some basis in fact even if it is vastly overgeneralized.

yes. have to leave it t that. but it's not necessary to make the point. extraordinary athletic ability does not equate to intelligence. the dumb jock concept certainly has some basis in fact even if it is vastly overgeneralized.

C'mon, kiss and tell. You're no fun.