I'm sure that this will shock you California people

Really good weather.

Really good geography.

Unbelievably stupid government being run by unbelievably stupid people.

The bottom claim trumps the top two.

An idiotic situation, the evidence of which is the amount of human urine and excrement on the streets of San Francisco, the town that I dated and married my wife.

12 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Because they're smarter.

Destroy San Francisco, because you're smart.

Do they have city-run studies on the economic and demographic composition of these blocks?

I hear Adam Carolla talk about the tent cities all over the city, the first time I've seen them on film.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Do they have city-run studies on the economic and demographic composition of these blocks?

I hear Adam Carolla talk about the tent cities all over the city, the first time I've seen them on film.

You don't need a study on the economic and demographic composition. Just take a drive or walk around. Plenty of people are trying to help them, feed them, etc., and it's very simple to break down: all ages, all colors, all nationalities, all poor, with countless different problems from mental health to drug abuse to "I just quit trying."  The city doesn't do anything until they start showing up near work or home, then they have them moved so they don't have to see them.

If they have any common thread, it's this: they are completely helpless, and they all live in a city and county and state being run exclusively by progressives for decades.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Shock headline: CA Bullet Train Cost Surges by $2.8 BILLION -- "Worst-case scenario has happened"

Well done, progressives. If only someone could see this coming.

Never fear, though. The governor says everything is just fine.

And this is why progressives are a joke.

You have a "fixed" federal infrastructure budget.  Do you use the funds to fix a crumbling tunnel that affects millions of commuters each day, or do you fund a boondoggle line with zero riders?

6 hours ago, sherpa said:

Really good weather.

Really good geography.

Unbelievably stupid government being run by unbelievably stupid people.

The bottom claim trumps the top two.

An idiotic situation, the evidence of which is the amount of human urine and excrement on the streets of San Francisco, the town that I dated and married my wife.

And a complete disregard for crosswalks by the look of things.

7 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

That stretch of Anaheim is near me, and as unbelievably depressing as that area is, it looks like Beverly Hills next to downtown LA.

Check this video at the 4:43 mark where he turns down 5th street. I drove down there recently and it completely blew my mind. Block after block of tent and cardboard communities. Both side of the road. Just hundreds upon hundreds of people in despair.

I guess this is what happens when your entire city and county is run by the left.

But hey...a few more billion dollars and these homeless can get to Northern Cal in record time.

California has had homeless problems since forever. It is like the poor hobo's Hawaii. 

12 hours ago, Kevbeau said:

And a complete disregard for crosswalks by the look of things.

That's not a homeless thing, it's an immigrant thing.

Seriously.  It's something I've noticed in DC...people from other countries with much more lax traffic laws/rules tend to cross the street wherever and whenever they feel like it, assuming cars will stop.  The pedestrian habits they develop in Mexico City or Calcutta don't carry over very well to US cities.  Sometimes I wish immigration reform would include mandatory lessons on driving and walking in the US.

26 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Seriously.  It's something I've noticed in DC...people from other countries with much more lax traffic laws/rules tend to cross the street wherever and whenever they feel like it, assuming cars will stop.  The pedestrian habits they develop in Mexico City or Calcutta don't carry over very well to US cities.  Sometimes I wish immigration reform would include mandatory lessons on driving and walking in the US.

And driving in the snow

5 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Yep. I'm kind of surprised we don't kill more Mexicans here in SoCal. They literally will just walk across streets whereever and whenever they want, with absolutely no regard for oncoming traffic.

6 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I hate this. Not only do they disregard traffic laws, they taunt drivers and drag ass as they do so.

I had like a 12 year old stop, as he was dragging ass, and challenge me to run him over. This was done in the middle of the road, about 100 yards from the schools' crosswalk. I had to lay on the horn to get the little **** to move. I would have worked on wrecking his for hours if he refused to move. 

Don't even get me started on stop signs, turn signals, RTOR, fast lane issues, etc. 

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Yep. I'm kind of surprised we don't kill more Mexicans here in SoCal. They literally will just walk across streets whereever and whenever they want, with absolutely no regard for oncoming traffic.

sidewalks and crosswalks are a tool of white hetero cis male privilege.  we should respect other cultures alternative traffic patterns

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Up here it’s 90 percent of young people walking into traffic staring at their iPhone,

On 1/17/2018 at 2:12 PM, B-Man said:

I will throw this here......................

CALIFORNIA IN A SINGLE HEADLINE: ......................Anaheim to evict homeless to make way for flood-control project and preserve bike path.

Maybe a flood could wash away the homeless and clear the way for a bike path in one fell swoop. ....i can't wrap my head around the mentality of the left. Keep letting more people in that the system can't support. 

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Maybe a flood could wash away the homeless and clear the way for a bike path in one fell swoop. ....i can't wrap my head around the mentality of the left. Keep letting more people in that the system can't support. 

As long as CA has Hollywood, Disney, the Bay Area tech firms and the coastal waters, they will always find a way to support it for the immediate future before increasing taxes, yet again, in the name of progress.

Think about it...you have a state that has been run for decades over decades by Democrats. You can literally show up in CA with absolutely no documentation, and within a few months they (yes, they have agencies to help you) will help you get EBT cards, housing, schooling with food vouchers for your bambinos, free health care, public transportation, free college, a free cell phone and, often times, unemployment checks. 

And oh, we need you to vote for us, because if you don't, the other guys are going to make you leave, and you don't want to leave all THIS, do you?

Oh, we're out of money. Well, time for a new gas tax.

Edited by LABillzFan