One franchise QB RG3 will be available after this season

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe it's worth a shot to try RG3 and get him in here and try turn him around. He needs a fresh start, we need to let Tyrod play the rest of the games but these prototype QB's are not growing on trees. I would bring him in next year and let him compete for the Job. If I was the Bills I would also draft a QB. what say you

RG111 is a disaster, We will see, but he is toast imo.

"inconsistent"?? Come on BF4E, inconsistent is a very kind way of describing what EJ was on Sunday.

bad and good. is that not inconsistent?

consistent would either be mostly bad or mostly good.

Before we start, what is your definition of "franchise QB"?

Its a bit of a nebulous, frustrating term but most people seem to define it as "a QB who is The Man, who can carry the team to victory on occasion and play well enough to win consistently"

When has RGIII shown himself to be That Guy?

please bud, not the definition of "franchise QB" discussion again.

bad and good. is that not inconsistent?

consistent would either be mostly bad or mostly good.

Sunday was mostly bad. Even the passes he hit did not hit the receiver in stride to make YAC. If he is more accurate on that throw to Gragg in the 1s quarter for example it is a walk in TD.

I like EJ as you know. I think he is a great kid and I wanted him so badly to work out. But the writing has been on the wall since the Houston game and after Sunday it is there in permanent ink. EJ is a bust.

^this

32 teams. There are 15 to 20 franchise quality QBs.

A franchise QB does not become available.

Well, a Brady doesn't. But Carson Palmer became available. Twice. Sometimes teams make mistakes in player evaluation. Sometimes they just move on because things have become so toxic between the QB and his current team.

Tyrod is not playing because he had a little too much RGIII in him. It won a game, but at great cost.

Good point.

Sunday was mostly bad. Even the passes he hit did not hit the receiver in stride to make YAC. If he is more accurate on that throw to Gragg in the 1s quarter for example it is a walk in TD.

I like EJ as you know. I think he is a great kid and I wanted him so badly to work out. But the writing has been on the wall since the Houston game and after Sunday it is there in permanent ink. EJ is a bust.

I won't argue EJ was bad at times during the game.

I will argue the total loss in not on him alone.

See the numerous Defense threads and Fire Rex threads

See Roby phantom PI thread

The nonexistent - Shady Fumbling at the 1 yard line going for a TD thread which was very bad.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Well, a Brady doesn't. But Carson Palmer became available. Twice. Sometimes teams make mistakes in player evaluation. Sometimes they just move on because things have become so toxic between the QB and his current team.

Drew Brees and Peyton Manning, the Franchise QB's Franchise QB, became available as well. It does happen. Not as often as we'd like, but it does. Kurt Warner comes to mind as well.

Tyrod is not playing because he had a little too much RGIII in him. It won a game, but at great cost.

I'll admit to being kind of a stats geek. And the whole QB thing is to me like the idea of "the closer" in baseball. If you've got Mariano Rivera, great. There's your man. Otherwise, it's usually better to mix and match from what you've got. You need multiple quality -- not great, not "franchise", just quality -- arms to throw out there. And that's kind of where we're at. QB Purgatory. Tyrod was an inspired signing, and it was even better that they threw caution to the wind and said let's go with him over the safely reliable/safely below average Matt Cassel. But Tyrod's value comes from running as much (more) than from anything else. He was going to get dinged. Maybe a game or two (so far where we're at), maybe half a season or more. So my theory ... you need two Tyrods. Or three. And is that ridiculous? Not really when you look who's out there. Running QBs who dominated in college are a dime a dozen. No, they're not all RG3 or Vick or even Tyrod. But they're out there. But like the closer in baseball thing, it would take guts for a GM to just blow up conventional wisdom and say "no more Matt Cassels, no more Kyle Ortons, no more waiting for the guy we blew a 1st round pick on to magically develop into a franchise QB in his 3rd season."

I really like your idea of having 3 running QB

so maybe Tyrod,Tebow and josh Johnson

they could play balls to the wall be reckless

have your QB running 20 plays a game

like in the movie Money Ball it's about the statistics and analytics and plugging in the right

players to Taylor your offense. you would draft offensive linemen who could play the style offensive. you would want real good blocking wideouts who could catch. actually woods is a good blocker. I like it now what GM is brave enough to run it and draft for it.

I'll admit to being kind of a stats geek. And the whole QB thing is to me like the idea of "the closer" in baseball. If you've got Mariano Rivera, great. There's your man. Otherwise, it's usually better to mix and match from what you've got. You need multiple quality -- not great, not "franchise", just quality -- arms to throw out there. And that's kind of where we're at. QB Purgatory. Tyrod was an inspired signing, and it was even better that they threw caution to the wind and said let's go with him over the safely reliable/safely below average Matt Cassel. But Tyrod's value comes from running as much (more) than from anything else. He was going to get dinged. Maybe a game or two (so far where we're at), maybe half a season or more. So my theory ... you need two Tyrods. Or three. And is that ridiculous? Not really when you look who's out there. Running QBs who dominated in college are a dime a dozen. No, they're not all RG3 or Vick or even Tyrod. But they're out there. But like the closer in baseball thing, it would take guts for a GM to just blow up conventional wisdom and say "no more Matt Cassels, no more Kyle Ortons, no more waiting for the guy we blew a 1st round pick on to magically develop into a franchise QB in his 3rd season."

maybe it's worth a shot to try RG3 and get him in here and try turn him around. He needs a fresh start, we need to let Tyrod play the rest of the games but these prototype QB's are not growing on trees. I would bring him in next year and let him compete for the Job. If I was the Bills I would also draft a QB. what say you

your kidding right? Have you watched one game after his knee injury in the playoffs?

Um, pass.