Kurt Warner - 5 2009

Eli Manning - 5 2014

Eli Manning - 5 2013

Joe Flacco - 5 2013

Tony Romo - 5 2007

Drew Brees - 5 2012

Ryan Fitzpatrick - 5 2005

Matt Ryan - 5 2012

What's next, you will show us stats proving that EJ has the best statistics of quarterbacks with names having Erik or Rodriguez?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please read and lets agree to move on

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_single_game.htm

NFL Single Game Passes Intercepted Leaders

Peyton Manning - 6 2007

Brett Favre - 6 2005

Drew Bledsoe - 5 1993

Kurt Warner - 5 2009

Kurt Warner - 5 2009

Eli Manning - 5 2014

Eli Manning - 5 2013

Joe Flacco - 5 2013

Tony Romo - 5 2007

Drew Brees - 5 2012

Matt Ryan - 5 2012

Don't understand the relevance of this post? How about more detail. IIRC Favre-6. 2005. I believe he won that game. as you know Favre owns the record for most INT's in league history. OTOH he is was one of the best gun slingers ever. This post makes zero sense?

other than Fritz these QB's play at a level the Bills Starting scrub yesterday cannot even dream about.

What's next, you will show us stats proving that EJ has the best statistics of quarterbacks with names having Erik or Rodriguez?

I think that the point must be that:

Elite QB's infrequently have bad games, sometimes have average games and frequently are amazing.

Good QB's have bad & good games with some frequency.

Average QB's frequently have bad games, they have some good games too.

Below average QB's have bad games with high frequency and they rarely have good games.

Actually, EJ really is consistent. It's just too bad it's consistently inconsistent. You just don't know which one you'll get. The EJ that buried us in a sinkhole, or the EJ that dug us out of it. Sunday we got to see both.

Im not willing to find out anymore.....

Time to move on

I think that the point must be that:

Elite QB's infrequently have bad games, sometimes have average games and frequently are amazing.

Good QB's have bad & good games with some frequency.

Average QB's frequently have bad games, they have some good games too.

Below average QB's have bad games with high frequency and they rarely have good games.

By that definition I would put EJ at "average to good"

The problem is....he does not appear to provide a spark. I want our backup QB to be Franck Riech.

Wow. As a EJ supporter, I normally would be all for putting him in. But my support has run a ground. He looked great in preseason, likely because there was little pressure to perform. If you lose a preseason game, who really cares? But in season games, the guy looks scared. He is always late with his throws or way off target. He needed to throw the ball away at times and not take a huge sack, fumble, or pick. But he held the ball, like a magically WR would come open. HE THREW THE BALL TO A PLAYER OUT OF BOUNDS. If Manuel hadn't thrown those two TDs right on target, I don't know how the Bills would have justified keeping him on the roster. The only way would have been the money, because everyone on the team would have had the same confidence we do in him; 0%. Taylor has more confidence and needs to get back in there immediately.

Besides EJs inability to perform, the bigger issue, which has plagued the Bills since Kent Hull, is they need to build the O-Line. A QB can't be good without a good O-Line. This years starters are back ups on any other team. Even Wood is bad. Then throw in injuries on the line and key playmakers (WR/RB) add a death in the family and you have a huge mess. I don't even think T. Brady could do well behind those five guys and with the WRs we had out there on Sunday.

Just for note: Cassel didn't fair any better in Dallas with a decent O-Line. Whaley made the right call on the trade.

There's nothing for me to own. I just enjoy your hissy fits. ABC is my platform and has been the whole time. Too bad your man Cassel wasn't submarining this team instead of EJ. He was busy burying Americas team.

What in the world are you talking about? Me: guys, it's not happening for EJ Manuel. I am, however, optimistic about Tyrod Taylor. You: Matt Cassel also sucks? When did I defend Matt Cassel? He's not "my man." I didn't even care when they traded him to Dallas.

Please read and lets agree to move on

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_single_game.htm

NFL Single Game Passes Intercepted Leaders

Peyton Manning - 6 2007

Brett Favre - 6 2005

Drew Bledsoe - 5 1993

Kurt Warner - 5 2009

Kurt Warner - 5 2009

Eli Manning - 5 2014

Eli Manning - 5 2013

Joe Flacco - 5 2013

Tony Romo - 5 2007

Drew Brees - 5 2012

Matt Ryan - 5 2012

So EJ Manuel isn't that bad because the highest all time single game INT totals are all good QB's and he's not even on the list? That's a new one. I like it. I might be coming around. Ryan Leaf isn't on the list either. Perhaps when he gets out of prison, we should kick the proverbial tires on him.

Could it be though, that good, established QB's aren't going to get yanked after throwing 4 INT's because they've earned it? For instance, if Dan Orlovsky throws 3 INT's in the first quarter, he's going to get benched. Whereas, if Tom Brady had an inexplicably bad game, he is still not getting benched. EJ Manuel would not have remained in the game long enough yesterday to throw 5 picks. Actually it's a testament to how good these guys are that they can throw so many picks in a game and not get yanked.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Cam Newton set an all time rookie passing record in his first NFL start.

422yds, 24/37 passing, 2TD, 1 INT

On the road BTW.

So tell me again about how EJ is like Cam

In terms of physical stature, EJ is kinda like Cam . Once he takes a snap from center though , thinks start to look different.

All I was stating was that "the backup" EJ had a quarter in the game and he is getting crucified by a group of people here (as usual).

Many elite QB's have had much worse games wrt to INT's than poor little EJ has.

He had a bad game and overcame the mutliple INTs and played better afterwords.

Maybe you want another name in the trade pool - Geno Smith anyone? didn't he/they have 6 turnovers in a Bills game?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

All I was stating was that "the backup" EJ had a quarter in the game and he is getting crucified by a group of people here (as usual).

Many elite QB's have had much worse games wrt to INT's than poor little EJ has.

He had a bad game and overcame the mutliple INTs and played better afterwords.

Maybe you want another name in the trade pool - Geno Smith anyone? didn't he/they have 6 turnovers in a Bills game?

Why did you put "backup" in quotes? Are you inferring that he's not really a backup?

Look, the 4-5 of you left who are still taking this brave stand act as if the three turnovers in the second quarter was all he did wrong and otherwise, he looked terrific. Take those three plays out of the equation and he is still very timid, very slow in his decision making and wildly inaccurate. Just like he was last week against Cincinnati.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Why did you put "backup" in quotes? Are you inferring that he's not really a backup?

Look, the 4-5 of you left who are still taking this brave stand act as if the three turnovers in the second quarter was all he did wrong and otherwise, he looked terrific. Take those three plays out of the equation and he is still very timid, very slow in his decision making and wildly inaccurate. Just like he was last week against Cincinnati.

to remind people he is the backup QB. What more do you want / expect from a "career" backup?

We are reminded hourly if not every 5 minutes how he will never be a starter and would serve as a serviceable #2.

Again. what more can you expect?

This play has to typifies EJ better than most. He does this on a regular basis.

https://vine.co/v/eYbZiVQhdqO

Edited by The Thurmanator

to remind people he is the backup QB. What more do you want / expect from a "career" backup?

We are reminded hourly if not every 5 minutes how he will never be a starter and would serve as a serviceable #2.

Again. what more can you expect?

So now because he stinks out loud the last 2 games he is suddenly a backup to you. Pretty sure you didn't consider him a backup earlier in the season.

Edited by old school

He's a backup QB. Forget that he was a first rounder. He **** the bed for 2 minutes in the second then rebounded to have arguably the best half of his career. The overall numbers, 298 2/2 are not nearly so bad as everyone is implying. No deep threat receivers and no right side of the line btw. I about threw up in the 2nd, but he still only has a rookies worth of NFL experience. The man has tremendous talent and some of the throws he did make were very impressive. Hopefully we won't need him again this year but these two games were highly valuable experiences that he can build on in the future.