In defense of EJ (yeah, I said it!)

BmarvB

Why are we arguing about EJ? That 2nd quarter was among the worst QB performances i have ever seen. Not againts the Steel Curtain but against the Jags. The Jags. The same Jags team that the texans put 30+ pts against the week prior.

EJ is a backup so theres no point in arguing over his value to this team. Theres no QB debate. Hes the backup. He'll always be the backup.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been pretty critical of EJ since midway through his rookie season, but I have to admit that as bad as he was, He played the best football of his NFL career in the second half of that game. Yes, he still made mistakes (threw a would be pick in the end zone) and melted down on the final drive, but otherwise he showed better composure and ball placement than I've seen from him.

My theory is that after 3 TOs on 3 drives he knew it couldn't get any worse, thus no pressure, he relaxed and just played football. Then with the game on the line again he felt the pressure and collapsed.

What I'm saying is perhaps he's a good QB except for his inability to overcome the jitters. If TT missed more time, I suggest we give EJ xanax before the game and see how he does.

I dunno. That pass to Telvin Smith in the EZ was horrible (his worst of the day, in my opinion, and that's saying a lot), as was the fumble while holding the ball like a loaf of bread. One should have been a turnover, and the other had a 50/50 chance of being so. The Bills lucked out both times.

is there anybody left defending EJ ?

maybe one or two.

I think its more that too many others are still trashing the backup EJ endlessly coupled with accepting bad play by some with TT but not EJ.

Deflections off of hands oye

So I guess we can longer speculate on football plays because we don't have all the "nuance"d info. Does this apply to TT's play only or does it apply to other QBs as well?

Some people on TBD choose their favorite guy and then it's like religion with them from then on.

Tyrod has done some really good things and some not so good things. What's the matter with that?

Do yourself a favor and stop feeding Chan. He loves the attention he gets trashing back up QB's.

He'll argue the harvest moon is green if given the chance.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

If nothing else, EJ has proven he can put points on the board, and he can mount a comeback even with an injury depleted offense

And on the flip side, he can put points on the other teams board, and put us in a hole to make a comeback necessary.

I like him, I'll continue to support him, but dayum he scares the hell out of me

Not if the pass is as high as that one was. If it were a nice thrown ball and went through Sammy's hands, then yeah, not on the QB. If it sails over his head and he jumps as high as he possibly can and barely gets his hands on it and it becomes a tip drill pick, yeah, QB's fault.

Doesn't matter how high it was. If you can reach it, it's catchable. And if you have it in yours hands, catch the damned thing.

I dunno. That pass to Telvin Smith in the EZ was horrible (his worst of the day, in my opinion, and that's saying a lot), as was the fumble while holding the ball like a loaf of bread. One should have been a turnover, and the other had a 50/50 chance of being so. The Bills lucked out both times.

That fumble wasn't because he was holding the ball like a "loaf of bread." He had it tucked away fine and while he was lying in the pile a guy came up and ripped it out. The play was over and the right call was actually made.

That dropped INT on the other hand....ouch.

Doesn't matter how high it was. If you can reach it, it's catchable. And if you have it in yours hands, catch the damned thing.

Throw Sammy under the bus. I got it.

I'm a if you can touch it you can catch it guy, but that pass was really high. Did you watch the replay I posted?