In defense of EJ (yeah, I said it!)

BmarvB

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're being intentionally obtuse.

a) EJ, over all, is a worse quarterback than Tyrod.

b) EJ's game in week 6 was one of the better games a quarterback has played for us all year.

Both of those things can be, and are, true independent of each other.

But then, you already knew that. You're just trying to play stupid "gotcha" games by pretending that the second halves of sentences don't modify the first halves of sentences. Which is intellectually dishonest and stupid.

Oh yeah? Where would you rank it?

Exactly. I spent 12 months delicately saying I didn't think EJ Manuel looked to me like a guy who was primed to take the next step and develop into a franchise QB and every time I did, BFFE called me a "hater" or a "troll." I was right. And now I'm being mean for insulting his intelligence.

You know, Aaron Rodgers sat out three seasons and was not immediately as good as he is today. There is still plenty of room for Taylor to grow. I disagree with your premise that the game should've "slowed down for him" while he was holding a clipboard.

Not gloating. And yes, thank you, I appreciate you congratulating me on the phantom flag. Ya know last week, you guys were all "if you think EJ Manuel is the reason we lost that game..." and "Oh yeah the run defense- that was EJ Manuel's fault..." Ha ha very funny. And now this week, it's "phantom flag" and "well Matt Cassel sucked too." Do you want to know what all four of those excuses have in common? None of them have anything to do with how good EJ Manuel is. You were of the mindset that Manuel was going to be a good QB in this league. You were wrong. Time to own it.

Yes, I used the word hater, I stopped for the most part. WRT to "Troll? or trolling. To me that is keeping the discussions ongoing trying to elicit a negative reply or response. Thanks in part to our conversations I was banned for 10 days myself.

I think it best to ignore your continued taunting so that I don't get suspended again or worse banned.

Yes, I used the word hater, I stopped for the most part. WRT to "Troll? or trolling. To me that is keeping the discussions ongoing trying to elicit a negative reply or response. Thanks in part to our conversations I was banned for 10 days myself.

I think it best to ignore your continued taunting so that I don't get suspended again or worse banned.

I was also suspended for our exchange. Of the four people I called out in this thread, you have come the closest to saying that you were wrong. I can promise I am not taunting anybody. I just want the handful of you who held onto the dream until the very end to say that you were wrong and the majority of us were right. Meanwhile, in another thread, Gugny is saying that Manuel gives us a better chance to win against Miami than a healthy Taylor. And so it goes.

EJ's performance today was the first or second best game performance by a Buffalo quarterback this season.

Will he stay consistent?

So TYTT, the self-proclaimed "smartest man in the room," is on record as saying that Manuel vs. Cincinnati may have looked better than Taylor vs. Miami and if not, he definitely looked better than Taylor vs. Indianapolis? And this is the guy trying to insist he is being objective and doesn't have any sort of bias?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I'm not conflating those things as dependent on each other. I'm referring specifically to you being "consistent," which you have admitted, you weren't.

I'm very consistent in saying that Tyrod is not a good quarterback. Which is what I said.

Gotcha games are what I live and breathe for.

Then get better at it, because you aren't doing well.

So TYTT, the self-proclaimed "smartest man in the room," is on record as saying that Manuel vs. Cincinnati may have looked better than Taylor vs. Miami and if not, he definitely looked better than Taylor vs. Indianapolis? And this is the guy trying to insist he is being objective and doesn't have any sort of bias?

I think he looked better than Tyrod did against Indy, yes, though not much; and I can certainly understand an argument the other way. I'll rate then equally for you.

1) Tyrod vs. Miami

2a) EJ vs Cincy

2b) Tyrod vs Indy

4) Tyrod vs Titans

5) Tyrod vs New England

6) Tyrod vs New York

7) EJ vs Jags

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I'm very consistent in saying that Tyrod is not a good quarterback. Which is what I said.

I think he looked better than Tyrod did against Indy, yes, though not much; and I can certainly understand an argument the other way. I'll rate then equally for you.

1) Tyrod vs. Miami

2a) EJ vs Cincy

2b) Tyrod vs Indy

4) Tyrod vs Titans

5) Tyrod vs New England

6) Tyrod vs New York

7) EJ vs Jags

After the game against Indianapolis, I think the worst thing anyone could've possibly said about Taylor was "dude he looked pretty good." You think EJ Manuel looked pretty good against Cincinnati? I don't. I think he looked exactly like EJ Manuel. He was slow, timid and inaccurate. He threw a horrendous interception intended for Hogan. Even on a good percentage of his completions, guys had to adjust, tip the ball to themselves and make difficult catches that should've been easy. It's why yesterday surprised you and didn't surprise me. I think you could very well make an argument that Manuel's two games were the two worst games by a Bills starter this season. Especially considering how depleted the offense was vs. NYG and Ten. They each racked up garbage time yardage against NE and Cin respectively but I think Taylor looked better doing so.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

1) Tyrod vs. Miami

2a) EJ vs Cincy

2b) Tyrod vs Indy

4) Tyrod vs Titans

5) Tyrod vs New England

6) Tyrod vs New York

7) EJ vs Jags

So EJ vs. CIncy wasn't the best QB performance.

But enough of the gotcha, I actually agree with most of your list, but I'd put EJ vs. Cincy below Indy and above Titans.

I will give EJ credit for nothing. That 2nd quarter yesterday was some of the worst football I have ever witnessed by a QB - at any level. He's not even close to being a rookie to have such an abomination of a performance. 27 points the Jags scored in the 2nd quarter, and the large majority of that was directly due to EJ. EJ was not able to hit his TE in stride, which should've been a TD if he had. EJ had a wide open WR in the end zone, and threw it 30yds over his head...that should've been another 6pts. He had a pick 6. He fumbled it for another 6. And then he also had another INT. It is impossible to play any worse than EJ did. Who the hell cares what he did after that. We lost. The comeback should've never had to happen to begin with against a crap team like the Jaguars. Look how many points the Texans put up on the Jags the week prior. The Texans.

EJ may be a great person but he is an abomination of a QB.

I will give EJ credit for nothing. That 2nd quarter yesterday was some of the worst football I have ever witnessed by a QB - at any level. He's not even close to being a rookie to have such an abomination of a performance. 27 points the Jags scored in the 2nd quarter, and the large majority of that was directly due to EJ. EJ was not able to hit his TE in stride, which should've been a TD if he had. EJ had a wide open WR in the end zone, and threw it 30yds over his head...that should've been another 6pts. He had a pick 6. He fumbled it for another 6. And then he also had another INT. It is impossible to play any worse than EJ did. Who the hell cares what he did after that. We lost. The comeback should've never had to happen to begin with against a crap team like the Jaguars. Look how many points the Texans put up on the Jags the week prior. The Texans.

EJ may be a great person but he is an abomination of a QB.

I have been supporting both TT and EJ before this weekend

There just comes a time when you have to see it for what it is.....EJ Manuel has everything you look for in a NFL QB......except for consistancy

I put up with erratic consistancy for years....yesterday he showed what happens when he is NOT extremely careful with the ball (over so)....three consecutive turnovers that killed us in a game we had to have

There just comes a time when you have to see it for what it is.....EJ Manuel has everything you look for in a NFL QB......except for consistancy

I put up with erratic consistancy for years....yesterday he showed what happens when he is NOT extremely careful with the ball (over so)....three consecutive turnovers that killed us in a game we had to have

JP Losman > EJ. Fact.

True. But still. He did his part and overcame it all and got us in position to win. And we're supposed to win those games when we score 30+ points.

Jesus please stop. And please remember this was all against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Only Bills fans could look at the qb play from yesterday and think there's anything there to build on. Sometimes I think some fans like to watch us lose.

1) Tyrod vs. Miami

2a) EJ vs Cincy

2b) Tyrod vs Indy

4) Tyrod vs Titans

5) Tyrod vs New England

6) Tyrod vs New York

7) EJ vs Jags

My god. Does it hurt being so wrong?

Not gloating. And yes, thank you, I appreciate you congratulating me on the phantom flag. Ya know last week, you guys were all "if you think EJ Manuel is the reason we lost that game..." and "Oh yeah the run defense- that was EJ Manuel's fault..." Ha ha very funny. And now this week, it's "phantom flag" and "well Matt Cassel sucked too." Do you want to know what all four of those excuses have in common? None of them have anything to do with how good EJ Manuel is. You were of the mindset that Manuel was going to be a good QB in this league. You were wrong. Time to own it.

There's nothing for me to own. I just enjoy your hissy fits. ABC is my platform and has been the whole time. Too bad your man Cassel wasn't submarining this team instead of EJ. He was busy burying Americas team.

Please read and lets agree to move on

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_single_game.htm

NFL Single Game Passes Intercepted Leaders

Peyton Manning - 6 2007

Brett Favre - 6 2005

Drew Bledsoe - 5 1993

Kurt Warner - 5 2009

Kurt Warner - 5 2009

Eli Manning - 5 2014

Eli Manning - 5 2013

Joe Flacco - 5 2013

Tony Romo - 5 2007

Drew Brees - 5 2012

Ryan Fitzpatrick - 5 2005

Matt Ryan - 5 2012

EJ doesn't, and never will, believe what he sees until he sees it. Unfortunately for him, and us, that's too late by NFL standards. It'll never change. Hopefully we have Taylor available for the rest of the season.

Please read and lets agree to move on

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_single_game.htm

NFL Single Game Passes Intercepted Leaders

Peyton Manning - 6 2007

Brett Favre - 6 2005

Drew Bledsoe - 5 1993

Kurt Warner - 5 2009

Kurt Warner - 5 2009

Eli Manning - 5 2014

Eli Manning - 5 2013

Joe Flacco - 5 2013

Tony Romo - 5 2007

Drew Brees - 5 2012

Ryan Fitzpatrick - 5 2005

Matt Ryan - 5 2012

What could possibly be your point?

To me the nice thing about all of this is Tyrod is gonna get the chance to show whether people are right or wrong......past the bye.....with pretty much all of his weapons back.....

it will make for interesting conversation

It will be interesting to see what happens when TT gets back and hopefully Sammy and the other walking wounded.

side bar - Haven't we had enough of who is right and who is wrong?

It is a person's opinion / expression who they like. If this irritates people then maybe they should ignore that person.

To be ridiculed because they defend and or support the backup QB is a bit overboard in my opinion.

Actually, EJ really is consistent. It's just too bad it's consistently inconsistent. You just don't know which one you'll get. The EJ that buried us in a sinkhole, or the EJ that dug us out of it. Sunday we got to see both.