Phantom call on Robey =Royally Screwed in England

Bocephuz

They're paid not to throw flags for flops and WR protests. If not theyd throw flags every pass play

Sometimes they fall for it. Humans make mistakes.

If we want a mistake free game, every play would be reviewed for 30 minutes from multiple angles to review all players actions.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we want a mistake free game, every play would be reviewed for 30 minutes from multiple angles to review all players actions.

I think it is more than fair to say it goes beyond just the refs making a few human errors. You sound like a referee apologist.

Why should they? Bad calls happen in real speed. The WR flopped. The ref saw a defensive player putting his arms out, and the WR falling, so it's easy to call PI on that. Sometimes they get it wrong. Every team in every game has blown/missed calls happen. The Bills are not special.

The NFL should start adding flopping as a penalty, like the NBA and NHL. I was more mad at the WR who pulled that stunt when he knew he wasn't touched.

The people upstairs who review TO's, and scoring plays should also be looking for clearly blown calls. The play is already stopped for the penalty so it wouldn't take much time. Of course this should only be on flags thrown, as that is an official interference into the game rather than looking for penalties that should have been called but were not.

Either that or like you said above make these penalties challengable under the same challenge limits.

Edit: On another note, if these are all "legitimate" flags and the officials are just calling them more (noticeable uptick in flags thrown), then maybe the rules need to be changed. If football was more enjoyable with less flags, and players presumably getting away with fouls 5 years ago that they aren't now, then either change the rules or tell the officials to lighten up. Just my 2 cents, flag football is no fun.

Edited by What a Tuel

all I have to say is wow this is like the smoking gun. Former Major League Baseball player and NY Met Lenny Dkystra Hired PI's To Track Umpires to get calls by using the info he got from the Private Investigators and used it to squeeze the umpires to his advantage. So he ends up leading the League in walks and on base percentage and gets huge contracts. He spent over a half Million dollars getting the dirt

on these Umpires and using it to his advantage.

Video proof https://amp.twimg.co...a9-f342d89d6da6

Why should they? Bad calls happen in real speed. The WR flopped. The ref saw a defensive player putting his arms out, and the WR falling, so it's easy to call PI on that. Sometimes they get it wrong. Every team in every game has blown/missed calls happen. The Bills are not special.

Yes, bad calls happen but even my tired old eyes knew it was not interference in "real time" on a grainy medium def streaming video.

Yes, bad calls happen but even my tired old eyes knew it was not interference in "real time" on a grainy medium def streaming video.

I had the benefit of ultra slow stuttering streaming video. It was clear as day when you watch it like a power point presentation slide by slide!

There are also other humans on the field who are supposed to help mitigate the mistakes. Where was the back judge on the play? Why didn't he throw the flag too? He's the one with the best view of it. If he had the better view and didn't throw the flag why didn't they confer and pick up the flag?

And some of them are inexcusable like that one, especially for professionals Edited by JTSP