Season in a Nutshell

Today's game really encapsulated the season (which is over, by the way):

Bills come out flat against a beatable opponent, make a ton of inexcusable mistakes and put themselves in a giant hole.

Bills then rally and flash the talent that they claim to have on both sides of the ball, and give the fans a spark of hope.

Bills then lose a couple of questionable officiating calls, which they can't overcome because their players have the lowest football IQs in the entire league and their coaches are frauds.

Wash, rinse, repeat - we're at the halfway point, this season is over, and worst of all these idiots are just unwatchable.

Oh, and Doug Whaley forced an inept QB on his coaching staff for the second year in a row. The last coach basically quit over it (where is he again?) and these coaches should too, although they haven't impressed anyone with their asinine playcalling and poor preparation.

Doug Whaley should be demoted, at the very least. This product is garbage Terry.

THis game was brutal. I cant remember an NFL game where I had the lowest of lows and highest of highs emotionally like I did today. Only for us to come back and get screwed by a horrendous 3rd and 15 pass interference call with ZERO CONTACT.

My blood is boiling, im so mad that I dont even know if im upset. If that makes sense.

Jesus christ being a bills fan sucks.

Edited by TallskiWallski83

The pass interference call on Robey cost them the game. It was an absolutely horrible call at the worst time. And on their touchdown, our guy was clearly being held in the backfield.

Whaley should be fired for putting them in this position, however. EJ played like an absolute mook for most of the game. Having no backup plan. Our best backup is in Dallas. I don't even know who that guy is backing up EJ Manuel.

Today's game really encapsulated the season (which is over, by the way):

Bills come out flat against a beatable opponent, make a ton of inexcusable mistakes and put themselves in a giant hole.

Bills then rally and flash the talent that they claim to have on both sides of the ball, and give the fans a spark of hope.

Bills then lose a couple of questionable officiating calls, which they can't overcome because their players have the lowest football IQs in the entire league and their coaches are frauds.

Wash, rinse, repeat - we're at the halfway point, this season is over, and worst of all these idiots are just unwatchable.

Oh, and Doug Whaley forced an inept QB on his coaching staff for the second year in a row. The last coach basically quit over it (where is he again?) and these coaches should too, although they haven't impressed anyone with their asinine playcalling and poor preparation.

Doug Whaley should be demoted, at the very least. This product is garbage Terry.

Whaley will not be demoted.

He should be fired however as I have been saying for a while.

He has made mistakes with EJ and then the Watkins move that should cost him his job.

I've been an EJ homer, and am officially done with him.

I guess I'm in the same boat. I thought he might have developed but the last two games pretty much sealed the deal that he is not starting quarterback material and maybe not all that as a backup.

Whaley has the failed first round pick for EJ, the questionable trade of Cassell and Jackson and the two first round picks for the oft injured Sammy Watkins, not to mention his (and pretty much every coach since Marv) to build an effective offensive line.

That being said, I'm not writing off the season yet. If Taylor recovers and some of the others get back we have a chance at the wildcard. I'm pretty doubtful about our ability to beat New England or the Jets, but we'll have to see how the Bills respond the rest of the season.

But then Doug Whaley would lose the chance to be right about something, so it wouldn't be worth it.

Ok, this particular storyline needs to end. Whaley has sent away numerous players he drafted or traded for. This isn't about Whaley trying to prove himself right, it's about EJ playing perhaps the worst five minutes of NFL football ever seen in the 2nd quarter. And then it's about some really questionable playcalling on that last drive. EJ didn't call himself to roll left and throw across his body.

It sucks. The Bills are not a good team and they kill themselves with huge mistakes at the most inopportune times.

Cassel wins this game. They only scored 13 on us. They scored the rest on EJ

Cassel is a sitting duck in the pocket and hasn't played well in years. Can't see where he would have won us a game today. The long TD to Easley would not happen. EJ sucked but Cassel is no better, and is prone to turnovers as well.

Ok, this particular storyline needs to end. Whaley has sent away numerous players he drafted or traded for. This isn't about Whaley trying to prove himself right, it's about EJ playing perhaps the worst five minutes of NFL football ever seen in the 2nd quarter. And then it's about some really questionable playcalling on that last drive. EJ didn't call himself to roll left and throw across his body.

It sucks. The Bills are not a good team and they kill themselves with huge mistakes at the most inopportune times.

Wrong - two years in a row EJ was forced on a coaching staff who didn't want him. And both times the coaches were proven right.

Cassel is a sitting duck in the pocket and hasn't played well in years. Can't see where he would have won us a game today. The long TD to Easley would not happen. EJ sucked but Cassel is no better, and is prone to turnovers as well.

The long TD to Easley would not have been needed.

I hope this game proves to be the Bills equivalent of the Ron Rolston experiment with the Sabres.

You know, the straw that broke the camel's back and showed Pegula that he was wrong and needed to clean house.

Go in tank mode now.

It would be easy to do, too. Claim Tyrod has some lingering problem and let EJ start all remaining games. We'd have a good chance to lose all of them.

I'm fine with firing the GM but I doubt Pegula has the stones to do it.

He's already proven he has huge stones with the Sabres.