If Cassel plays decently, is that it for Whaley?

And yet, no one is looking pretty against this crappy team.

I agree.

I just want people to stop saying Taylor is good. He's not. Right now, the entire team sucks. The QBs suck because they just aren't any good. The defense sucks because of Rex Ryan.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a football game on.

And this thread is dumb.

Where is this football game? Certainly you're not talking about the bills - jags fiasco.

We have one QB who sucks way less than the rest.

Which means they both suck. Again, we agree on something.

Cassel was the #2. Whaley basically just said that there was dissension over the move, but "external unity" (which is a contradiction in terms given that admitted to the dissension in a press conference). It's not hard to put the pieces together.

Eh...I think you're trying too hard. But I guess that's just my opinion. I read the interview with him and just don't come away with it the same way. There's a big jump between differing opinions and discussion and flat out going against the coaches. There's not even anything pointing to which people within the organization wanted what.

Edited by Acantha

Speak for others; don't speak for me. I was very opposed to the Cassel trade for the reasons that are now on full display. We entered garbage time with 8 minutes left in the second quarter, for chrissake.

. Same her. I just don't understand the love for Whaley just like the love for Manuel. It makes no sense. Many bills fans are loyal to a fault.

I would think so, but that's just a hunch. He'll last through the season but will be out come new year. This season is over.

I hope so. Whaley is as bad as Nix if not worse. Pagula should have cleaned house like I said when he bought the team. He wasn't smart enough to see how inept the Bills entire front office and scouts were. If you want to take a loser and make it a winner you have to start over from top to bottom.

I hope so. Whaley is as bad as Nix if not worse. Pagula should have cleaned house like I said when he bought the team. He wasn't smart enough to see how inept the Bills entire front office and scouts were. If you want to take a loser and make it a winner you have to start over from top to bottom.

I swear I feel like I'm in the twilight zone here. This is the most stacked roster the Bill have had since the early 90's, and Whaley is as bad as Nix?? I understand being pissed about the product on the field, but it's not due to the talent on the roster. For that, you have to blame the coaching so far, and that is the one area that was made VERY clear Whaley was not in charge of.

He's had two years and already turned this roster around. Give this obviously talented GM some time before lynching him for cryin out loud.

I agree.

I just want people to stop saying Taylor is good. He's not. Right now, the entire team sucks. The QBs suck because they just aren't any good. The defense sucks because of Rex Ryan.

I just want them to cut EJ he is the worst I have ever seen.

I swear I feel like I'm in the twilight zone here. This is the most stacked roster the Bill have had since the early 90's, and Whaley is as bad as Nix?? I understand being pissed about the product on the field, but it's not due to the talent on the roster. For that, you have to blame the coaching so far, and that is the one area that was made VERY clear Whaley was not in charge of.

He's had two years and already turned this roster around. Give this obviously talented GM some time before lynching him for cryin out loud.

They have given Whaley a chance but the team is getting worse not better. How many more years of being a bottom team do want to give the guy? They won't even win 9 games this year like they did last year. It's getting worse not better. Clean house from anyone under Pegula. Whaley, Russ Brandon, and Overdork have to go.

Edited by ScrewyLouie

They have given Whaley a chance but the team is getting worse not better. How many more years of being a bottom team do want to give the guy? They won't even win 9 games this year like they did last year. It's getting worse not better. Clean house from anyone under Pegula. Whaley, Russ Brandon, and Overdork have to go.

Except they're not a 'bottom' team. 'Bottom' teams finish with 2, 3 or 4 wins then get to choose from the best players in the draft. Instead, we're mired in mediocrity.

Again, this has nothing to do with the talent on the field, which is extraordinary given how long he has had to do it. Sure, there are still holes on the team, but he's getting there. For the first time in 15 years this team's talent is improving, and you want to get rid of the guy responsible for it.

The one regret I have is that he wasn't given full authority to pick a coach. Whaley knows what he doing, and he should have been given the responsibility his position demands.

It's not one game though. It's the culmination of factors going back to the emergency decision last season to bring in Orton.

Yep.

I think if there is indeed a lot of internal friction between Whaley and Rex/staff, DW is the one that would be in trouble, he's lucky that he kept his job after the end last year IMO.

I would think so, but that's just a hunch. He'll last through the season but will be out come new year. This season is over.

its absolutely absurd to propose a GM is going to lose his job because our entire offense is hurt and our backup QB is not consistent enough out there.

I mean, come on people, get a grip on reality. We are missing half our offense to injury.