If Cassel plays decently, is that it for Whaley?

Cassel isn't the answer. Buffalo has had a black whole at QB for over a decades, and now they finally have some hope and everyone wants to complain about the backup!

Whaley has done an outstanding job of building this team, and he's still young in his tenure. Losing him would be a disaster for the Bills, and anyone who thinks otherwise is just out of touch with reality.

It's less about what I think than the fact that this may well be the second coach in a row who was at war with the GM over the QB. If the GM's choice turns out to be wrong, he's not going to last.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's not 20/20 hindsight because I thought the trade was bad from the moment it occurred.

Then, I think you're right. Whaley should be fired. And you should be hired to take his place.

Whaley has done a stellar job. Anyone suggesting otherwise has an agenda where their clue should be.

Then, I think you're right. Whaley should be fired. And you should be hired to take his place.

Whaley has done a stellar job. Anyone suggesting otherwise has an agenda where their clue should be.

I respect your takes, but this team is not going to make the playoffs. At a certain point, the word "stellar" can't be part of the conversation.

Because he also sucks. And was clearly outperformed in every facet by EJ in the preseason. Hindsight is 20/20 bud.

Are you serious? Why because he threw a few decent passes against vanilla defenses? Are you completely ignoring how bad he looked when Pettine released the dogs in a very standard defense that every coach plays against EJ? Those plays were a lot more indicative of play, as this first half conclusively proved

Because he also sucks. And was clearly outperformed in every facet by EJ in the preseason. Hindsight is 20/20 bud.

. I was not a Cassel fan, but the coaching staff wanted him over EJ and Whaley overruled them. Now that decision will probably cost this team at least one or two wins.

It's less about what I think than the fact that this may well be the second coach in a row who was at war with the GM over the QB. If the GM's choice turns out to be wrong, he's not going to last.

If that's true, I'll concede the point. Can you show me where Rex said he wanted Cassel over EJ? Or even where he alluded to the fact? I haven't seen it.

. I was not a Cassel fan, but the coaching staff wanted him over EJ and Whaley overruled them. Now that decision will probably cost this team at least one or two wins.

This is conjecture that fans are running with as fact.

If that's true, I'll concede the point. Can you show me where Rex said he wanted Cassel over EJ? Or even where he alluded to the fact? I haven't seen it.

It's a made up narrative that Whaley/Rex haters have glommed to.

Same question to you....or anyone that can shed some light.

Snarkiness can't substitute for an argument.

Snarkiness?

Tyrod Taylor has been horrible since he joined the Bills. Sure he's got so e pretty stats against crappy teams. How has he been against good ones - the ones the Bills need to beat? Horrible. He can't read a defense. He is inaccurate. He is inconsistent. He is too quick to run. He cannot find open receivers over the middle of the field.

That's not snarky. It's observant.

Light shed. It was media-spurred speculation.

I haven't even seen that. I've seen articles where the reporter questioned the move, but non that said Rex or Roman wanted Cassel over EJ and were against the trade. Is there an article that speculates that?

Snarkiness?

Tyrod Taylor has been horrible since he joined the Bills. Sure he's got so e pretty stats against crappy teams. How has he been against good ones - the ones the Bills need to beat? Horrible. He can't read a defense. He is inaccurate. He is inconsistent. He is too quick to run. He cannot find open receivers over the middle of the field.

That's not snarky. It's observant.

And yet, no one is looking pretty against this crappy team.

I haven't even seen that. I've seen articles where the reporter questioned the move, but non that said Rex or Roman wanted Cassel over EJ and were against the trade. Is there an article that speculates that?

Yes. The questioning was the speculation. One guy did it. Then another guy followed it as if it was a 'lead.' Then the national guys needed to produce their content, so 200 words were produced there. Round and round we go.

Cassel was the #2. Whaley basically just said that there was dissension over the move, but "external unity" (which is a contradiction in terms given that admitted to the dissension in a press conference). It's not hard to put the pieces together.

It's more than conjecture. Go listen to Whaley's presser. It's patently obvious that the coaching staff did not want Cassel traded.

I did see that, and to me there was absolutely nothing there to insinuate what you're saying. Just IMO.