Gilmore: Rex an upgrade over Marrone; questioned his loyalty

YoloinOhio

What does Marrone being "in over his head" mean? Loyalty?

The entire offense, nearly every position group, regressed in 14 compared to 15. It became more and more clear as the season wore on that Hackett was either being handcuffed by St. Doug or was inept as a play caller. It was also made abundantly clear that Marrone was coaching our QBs to play scared rather than play loose.

There was ample evidence that Marrone was on a downward trend, despite winning 9 games.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The entire offense, nearly every position group, regressed in 14 compared to 15. It became more and more clear as the season wore on that Hackett was either being handcuffed by St. Doug or was inept as a play caller. It was also made abundantly clear that Marrone was coaching our QBs to play scared rather than play loose.

There was ample evidence that Marrone was on a downward trend, despite winning 9 games.

Do you think we'll hit 9 wins?

I didn't like Coach Marrone at all. I hated it when he hired him.

However, until some other coach gets us to 9 or more wins in a season, he and Mike Mukarkey will be King of the Hill in regards to coaches sine Wade Philips left.

Well that made me throw up :sick:

It wasn't unprofi a deal is a deal. I would have demanded a perfect situation too and accepted 4 million dollars if the answer was no.

Choosing to opt out was not unprofessional. Leaving the men you coached for two years, after preaching team, without a face to face conversation is unprofessional on every level. It's dishonorable.

still wondering who'd be QB right now. It looks like he gave up on EJ for good ... my guess he's no longer here. Probably have a free agent like McCown starting, and a rookie from round 2 or 3 as backup. With the same defense as last year, probably sitting right around .500 where we are too.

Edited by JTSP

Yet here we are at .500, when Marrone coached us to a winning record.

Ugh.

Dear god I hope we beat the !@#$ing Jags.

....We were 3-3 at this point last year as well. Have some hope man.

Generally, I also want to point this out about penalties:

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/10/penalties_issue_hurt_buffalo_bills.html

But it is totally Rex's coaching that's the culprit :rolleyes: . Maybe he can change things up to make us better on this as part of his coaching, but I am tired of him being named the cause.

Edited by What a Tuel

Doug's first year they won 6 games. It took until year 2 to get over .500.

Then he quit on the team, without talking to his players face to face like a man -- you can pine for St. Doug all you want, but in reality you're pining for mediocrity.

Your memory needs to be refreshed. I never said a word about him changing any culture. I liked where the team was going heading into year 2 under St. Doug, but had many reservations. All of which came to fruition watching the team regress massively along the line and offense despite getting 9 wins.

St. Doug did Buffalo a favor the way he left. Had he stayed, this team is under .500.

I greatly dislike Marrone, I'm not pining for him.

I do pine for a winning record, though.

!@#$ St. Doug.

....We were 3-3 at this point last year as well. Have some hope man.

Generally, I also want to point this out about penalties:

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/10/penalties_issue_hurt_buffalo_bills.html

But it is totally Rex's coaching that's the culprit :rolleyes: . Maybe he can change things up to make us better on this as part of his coaching, but I am tired of him being named the cause.

he has never been the cause IMO. Did someone actually say that? The Bills were second to only the Seahawks in number of penalties last year. The Jets were 17th. The year before the Jets had even fewer.

Yet here we are at .500, when Marrone coached us to a winning record.

Ugh.

Dear god I hope we beat the !@#$ing Jags.

Not for nothing but weren't the Bills 3-3 this time last year? Marrone failed the team. It's too early to say Rex has or hasn't.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

Not for nothing but weren't the Bills 3-3 this time last year? Marrone failed the team. It's too early to say Rex has os hasn't.

yes they were and all 3 losses were in conference, with only 1 conference win. The Bills are in a better position this year as all 3 wins are in conference and only 2 conference losses. Edited by YoloinOhio

That and the 9th win was a rare gift. if the pats*** needed that game it would not have been pretty.