Percy Harvin Out vs. Miami; Placed on Injured Reserve

Richie doesn't need to take a hometown discount. Bills will pay him. He's likely not getting huge money due to age and rep, despite his good play this year. Look how long it took for someone to pony up for Mathis. Pegs will give a him a good offer.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the combination was dynamic.

yes indeed, McCoy Clay. lotsa things for defenses to fret over. The whole is bigger than the individual player. team game is overused possibly, but so true

I feel bad for Percy. He was a heckuva football player.

LOL well played

yes indeed, McCoy Clay. lotsa things for defenses to fret over. The whole is bigger than the individual player. team game is overused possibly, but so true

Yep. We have been explosive at times this year, but we didn't have our entire team healthy at any time during training camp (in fact, we didn't practice together hardly at all) and at no time did we have all of our offense healthy. Sure, injuries are a big part of the game, but to never have your main guys healthy for even a game is unusual.

Yep. We have been explosive at times this year, but we didn't have our entire team healthy at any time during training camp (in fact, we didn't practice together hardly at all) and at no time did we have all of our offense healthy. Sure, injuries are a big part of the game, but to never have your main guys healthy for even a game is unusual.

Everyone was healthy for the first game and active except Goodwin.

Richie doesn't need to take a hometown discount. Bills will pay him. He's likely not getting huge money due to age and rep, despite his good play this year. Look how long it took for someone to pony up for Mathis. Pegs will give a him a good offer.

I would not lowball him. ask him what he wants from the rest of his career mano el mano with Pegula and Rex.

Rex and Co. have given him a chance to redeem himself, for himself and the public eye too.

He has .

I am very pleased and proud that Richie Incognito is the Bills starting left guard.

But back to topic.

Harvin. if we could get some more plays like early in the season from him? That would be swell. But i want him on the field asap. screw that saving him for some imaginary sb run. This week is the biggest game of the year. lose this one and Bills are f'd. we need ALL hands on deck!!

It is for us!

Everyone was healthy for the first game and active except Goodwin.

Kelly is right though. There had been no syncing up as an Offense. timing and nuances and such.

The Team has had injured starters even before the season started !

Edited by 3rdand12

That is the whole point. He got blindsided in how the league railroaded him in the scandal. The league wanted nothing more than for him to retire and just go away. Nobody wanted to touch him and upset Goodell's efforts to "clean" up the league. That's why he sat out the entire 2014 season and very likely would have been done if Bills didn't call him this year.

Say what you want about Rex, but there are very few coaches who were willing to stick their necks out to bring Richie back. That's all I'm saying. There are probably a very small number of franchises that would have taken the Richie risk this year, and if he wasn't signed this year, his career was toast. That's why he still owes the Bills for taking an outsized risk on signing him. It's the kind of risk no team is willing to take with Ray Rice.

I respectfully disagree.

The Bills needed RI as much as he wanted an opportunity to get back into the league. I'm not convinced that Rex was the main force behind his signing. I think it was Whaley because he desperately wanted to upgrade both guard positions. Also, Whaley has demonstrated that he is not shy in signing players who have had a troubled history ala Henderson and Harvin. Without a doubt if Whaley was interested in Incognito he would have consulted with Rex before making the deal. That's how he operates.

That's why he still owes the Bills for taking an outsized risk on signing him.

RI does appreciate that the Bills gave him an opportunity when most other franchises weren't willing to give him a chance. Has he paid the team back? Absolutely! He has done it with his outstanding performance. He is not only our best lineman but he has also been one of the best guards in the league. Not only has he played well he has also conducted himself in a professional manner on and off the field.

Through his own hard work and perseverance he has put himself in a position to capitalize on it. This is probably his last chance to get a big contract with guaranteed money. The Bills will have an opportunity to sign him as will the other teams that are willing to bid on his services. Because of the unscrupulous way the league handled the controversy in Miami they "stole" money from him. After this season is over he will be in a position to make up for some of the monetary loss he was forced to take.

RI is smart enough to know that he is working in a cold-blooded business. His first consideration is to act in his own best interest. The same way organizations and other players behave.

Losing RI would hurt, particularly since the Bills may need a left tackle if Glenn is not re-signed (or right tackle if they think they can move Henderson to left tackle). Trying to find a starting quality guard and tackle before next season will be tough with the cap issues and overall recent poor drafting of o-linemen.

Less than a year after Jerry Hughes laughed off the concept of giving the Bills a hometown discount and even ridiculed its very existence, saying he never heard of such a preposterous thing, he went rogue and gave the Bills a hometown discount.

Kinda wished he didn't. He's been a ghost out there minus the Brady strip sack.

Percy Harvin. The next of the 757 area flameouts.

@viccarucci

#Bills GM Doug Whaley said Percy Harvin's knee "flared up" & he was going to discuss WR's status w trainers. "Could have something soon."

I don't see Harvin or Goodwin on the roster next year. The durability issue is too obvious to ignore. It's a shame but it's an important consideration when investing in a player.

I don't see Harvin or Goodwin on the roster next year. The durability issue is too obvious to ignore. It's a shame but it's an important consideration when investing in a player.

Time to move on from both IMO. Good WRs aren't that hard to find in today's NFL with rules favoring the passing game so heavily.

I was surprised Goodwin made the team THIS YEAR. So I figure he has a chance to make the team next year too.

WTF is this about? There have been some quality players coming out of this area.

They all melt down and mess up. I'm from here

Sweetpea Whitaker - great boxer drugs

Mike Vick - dog killer

Iverson - drunk

Harvin - pardoned by governor to stay out of jail.

Plaxico burress - little league teammate of mine. Shot himself went to jail.

Then there's Bruuuuuuuuce. The goat. The good one minus the naps at redlights/dui

That is the whole point. He got blindsided in how the league railroaded him in the scandal. The league wanted nothing more than for him to retire and just go away. Nobody wanted to touch him and upset Goodell's efforts to "clean" up the league. That's why he sat out the entire 2014 season and very likely would have been done if Bills didn't call him this year.

Say what you want about Rex, but there are very few coaches who were willing to stick their necks out to bring Richie back. That's all I'm saying. There are probably a very small number of franchises that would have taken the Richie risk this year, and if he wasn't signed this year, his career was toast. That's why he still owes the Bills for taking an outsized risk on signing him. It's the kind of risk no team is willing to take with Ray Rice.

You might have stumbled on why the Refs have been killing The Bills this year. The slow torture of being pelted by yellow flags in punishment for transgressing against The Commissioner. Hey, after the Judge threw out The League's case against Brady* because it was irresponsibly harsh and arbitrary, I can imagine that the Emperor would dispatch his minions to do his bidding to extract revenge from those who dare go against his wishes.