At What Point is Watkins Officially "Injury Prone"

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always defended him against accusations that he is injury prone, but I'm starting to worry. It's not even the number of injuries; it's the variety of them: ankle, calf, hip, glute, ribs.

Manuel threw that where the window allowed

Exactly. It was a perfectly fine, normal throw.

Edited by dave mcbride

I've always defended him against accusations that he is injury prone, but I'm starting to worry. It's the number of injuries; it's the variety of them: ankle, calf, hip, glute, ribs.

Excellent point. If it was re-aggravating the same ding, I'd defend that. Kudos to him for playing through most of them, though. Most players play with nicks and scratches; but this guy has been hurt the entire time he's been a pro.

But he had to reach waaaayyyyy down by the ground! Even as a professional athlete who (presumably) trains daily that has to be tough.

I'm sitting here wondering what Andre Reed would say if he read this. He'd probably pull a muscle from laughing too hard.

It was a fine pass given the window -- thoroughly normal. And he hurt his ankle as he went into his break, a good bit before the ball came near him.

Yea I wouldn't blame the throw for the injury. Not sure if it's any fault of Sammy's either, he went to plant hard and his foot slipped and rolled over. It happens to lots of players. I suppose one could argue he has weak ankles or something but he's been fine planting and cutting before so I don't really think thats the issue. Just bad luck I think.

Freak injury, bad luck, whatever. Sammy's ankle just rolled on him when he tried to shift his weight. He wasn't injury prone in college and he's not now. Just another bad break for us and our super talented WR.