We need Jim Schwartz back.

MClem06

As a where are they now moment, Schwartz took a consulting position with the NFL's officiating department to provide a coaches perspective on officiating decisions.On October 6th it was reported Schwartz declined the opportunity to replace Miami Dolphins defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle. Is anyone else thinking he should be head coach of this team today? At 3-3 (barely) we are still alive but these players are truly uninspired and lacking discipline. We know we have talent on D but even Mario says the coaches aren't putting them in the position to do damage. Bring Back the Schwartz. Make him an offer he can't refuse.

I can't remember why he still isn't here but we sure could use that scheme back.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember why he still isn't here but we sure could use that scheme back.

If memory serves, he left when Ryan was hired. It is not inconceivable that he is biding his time working for the NFL until Ryan flames out in Buffalo. Who knows.

Edited by CodeMonkey

If memory serves, he left when Ryan was hired. It is not inconceivable that he is biding his time working for the NFL until Ryan flames out if Buffalo. Who knows.

could be. The Bills have a great roster. Hopefully Ryan is told to fire Thurman and bring in Schwartz. Or, can Rex and Thurman, and have Roman HC, Schwartz DC, and whoever Roman wants as OC.

could be. The Bills have a great roster. Hopefully Ryan is told to fire Thurman and bring in Schwartz. Or, can Rex and Thurman, and have Roman HC, Schwartz DC, and whoever Roman wants as OC.

Do you honestly think any of this is within any realm of possibility?

Schwartz would never come here unless he had full control of the defense. With Rex around, that isn't going to happen.

Well...Not gonna happen... :cry:

It is interesting how this has turned out...At least so far...Rex would have had to turn over his baby...the Defense...to Schwartz...And he would have had to leave his DC buddy behind...Honestly...As much as I wanted them to keep the status quo on Defense I knew there was no way Rex would do it...And I believed Rex...I though he could take these guys and make them even better...But I realize now I should have listened to my gut...There was absolutely no reason to blow that Defense up scheme-wise...Zero reason...But the minute Rex was hired it was inevitable...And so far it has backfired big time... B-)

As a where are they now moment, Schwartz took a consulting position with the NFL's officiating department to provide a coaches perspective on officiating decisions.On October 6th it was reported Schwartz declined the opportunity to replace Miami Dolphins defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle. Is anyone else thinking he should be head coach of this team today? At 3-3 (barely) we are still alive but these players are truly uninspired and lacking discipline. We know we have talent on D but even Mario says the coaches aren't putting them in the position to do damage. Bring Back the Schwartz. Make him an offer he can't refuse.

Even with Schwartz last year the Bills were a .500 team (disregarding Pats without tom brady and their starters).

What the Bills need is a new GM.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Do you honestly think any of this is within any realm of possibility?

Yes. If you paid several billion for a team, and hired Rex, and then he proceeded to destroy your defense, and the defensive players are complaining, yes, it is within the realm of possibility. Would you have thought Rex being our HC a year ago was within the realm of possibility?

Even with Schwartz last year the Bills were a .500 team (disregarding Pats without tom brady and their starters).

who would be the new GM? Who would have drafted Darby, Preston Brown, brought in Incognito, Tyrod, Harvin, McCoy, etc. Whaley has done a great job. The hiring of HC's has been a disaster, and really not something Whaley has been involved with.

Yes. If you paid several billion for a team, and hired Rex, and then he proceeded to destroy your defense, and the defensive players are complaining, yes, it is within the realm of possibility. Would you have thought Rex being our HC a year ago was within the realm of possibility?

who would be the new GM? Who would have drafted Darby, Preston Brown, brought in Incognito, Tyrod, Harvin, McCoy, etc. Whaley has done a great job. The hiring of HC's has been a disaster, and really not something Whaley has been involved with.

You are dreaming if you think this is possible in-season with this team sitting at 3-3 going into week 7. Wake up.

IMO using tons of resources on signings like McCoy are part of the problem with this teams roster construction.

They need a QB, their best players on the field and they need a defensive scheme that maximizes the defensive line. Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

If they lose to Jacksonville I'd fire Whaley, and Rex & Thurman. Hire Schwartz as interm head coach and leave Roman as OC. I know that's pretty aggressive, but we have the best roster in the NFL and can barley get out of our own way.. Clearly the players are depressed, and I think Buffalo is growing sick of Rex.. Honeymoons over, win or get the heck out of town..

Agree, especially the D line... looks like they are confused with their assignments, late off the ball and Rex looks confused. Is it an issue of wrong talent for a rex D or his new coaches don't know how to explain it