Same old Bills, if not worse

Virgil

I feel 100% comfortable saying that this is the same old Bills futility we have all come to get used to over the past 15 years and I'm now going to say that we are actually worse than we were last year. The most frustrating thing is that we are actually a more talented team than last year. We've actually gotten better with our offensive line, QB, and CB. But, what I can only point to as terrible coaching has us in line for the same, if not worse record than last year.

For every excuse I'm sure we will hear after this loss, I could easily give you an example of the opposite. Whether it be EJ playing, which many people wanted to see and other teams won with their back-ups this week. Injuries, again, look around the league. Or QB quick releases, not today folks.

End of the day, this is the team put together by Whaley, from coaches down to players. We did a great job with some players, but there's a reason you need coaches.

This is what I believe:

• Roman is nowhere near the offensive mastermind he was claimed to be. His offense in SanFran was weak and revolved around running the ball and TE's. Here, he's found a way to make our WR's disappear just as he did there.
  • Rex had 2 great years, and then fell apart as he was outcoached and lost his team mentally. I mean, Marrone lit him up twice last season.
  • Our defense is worse than last year so far. Even with Gilmore and Darby having amazing seasons shutting down 2 of the opposing teams offensive weapons. And with our run defense being stout. We still can't get any pressure. (5 sacks so far vs 20 at this point last season?). Now, they aren't a lot worse, but with a crap offense keeping them on the field so much, any defense would get winded or have a few bad moments. And mentally, I'm proud of them for not just giving up due to knowing they won't get any offensive support.

The sad truth is, nothing is going to change. You can't fire Rex, nor should you. Rex can't take tweak the offense as he doesn't know how. We are just stuck with it. And like the same old Bills, even if we win a few in a row, when it comes time for that "Statement" game, we will put up the same effort we saw today and against the Pats.

9-7

Sept. 13 Indianapolis W 27-14 Sept. 20 New England L 40-32 Sept. 27 @ Miami W 41-14 Oct. 4 NY Giants L 24-10 Oct. 11 @ Tennessee W 14-13 Oct. 18 Cincinnati L 34-31 Oct. 25 vs. Jacksonville* W - because it's the Jags Nov. 1 Bye Nov. 8 Miami L - Just call it a feeling. Playing hyped with new head coach Nov. 12 @ NY Jets W - This will be Rex's big game Nov. 23 @ New England L - No explanation needed Nov. 29 @Kansas City L - We find a way to lose to them Dec. 6 Houston W - Even playing badly, we are a better team Dec. 13 @ Philadelphia W - Push game, think we win Dec. 20 @ Washington W - They are that bad Dec. 27 Dallas L - Romo and Dez are back Jan. 3 NY Jets W - Playoff game implications, won't matter as others win and eliminate us

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget all the injuries and offensive problems. I would be more optimistic about the season if the area in which this team had been elite, which is also the area our HC is touted as elite, performed at a top 10 level. If the defensive doesn't play top 5 football, we have little chance.

Edited by KzooMike

Rex Ryan is a career sub 500 coach and it will stay that way. Why does anyone think he is going to work miracles here?

Our D was much better la​st year without the "defensive guru".

Edited by Azucho98

4. Whaley's roster is overrated.

The roster isn't overrated if if a lot of the skill players, and others were out with injuries. three of the five WR's were out by the end of the game. The starting RB is playing hurt.

Karlos Williams

Marquise Goodwin

Sammy Watkins

Percy Harvin

Seantrel Henderson

The current defensive scheme the team is using stinks.

Its the coaching that is bad with penalties in all three phases of the game

Got to agree with everyone here. This team looks pathetic. We really needed the D to step it up today with all of the injuries on offense and they failed miserably. BTW, just an aside, but I have been very successful at predicting the outcomes of NFL games after watching how the games are being officiated in the first quarter. Officials set the tone early and it usually carries through the whole game. Watching this one it was easy to tell who was going to win after one quarter.

I agree with the OP except for a slight disagreement with your prognostication.

No way this team beats the Jets. Not twice, not even once.

I will state here and now that I never was a fan of Rex being hired.

I also doubt that TT would have made a significant difference today over EJ.

I was never a big fan of Sammy Watkins. He's good, but not great. People said that he "plays bigger than he is" which may have been true in college, but in the NFL, size and speed take on different meanings.

The Bills stunk today. What frustrates me is they went from a top rated shut-down defense last season to an average defense this season, yet they have better personnel. Their offense, even with Greg Roman, is better than last year. So its a push so far this season. Then add in all those stupid penalties and there goes the games against top flight teams.

I love how the defensive problems get blamed on coaching. The d line has not been good. It doesn't have to be scheme, it can be bad execution. They sucked today. Why is that the coaches fault?

I mean, why else are they worse with the same players and getting confuse every other play? And to be fair, I blame coaching for our offense as well 😉

Rex Ryan is a career sub 500 coach and it will stay that way. Why does anyone think he is going to work miracles here?

Our D was much better la​st year without the "defensive guru".

'cause he got on TV in July and said he would, remember? If it's on TV or the internet then it must be true.