Same old Bills, if not worse

Virgil

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You all are silly if you think our roster is bad. Our team is good, just injured.

Not worse, but please someone take the great Roman off the teams hands next season for a HC gig
To think some are worried about him getting poached.

I'm worried because our offense is legit good this year. Our defense is the problem. You must not be watching the same team I'm watching.

When some posters tried to temper the expectations coming into the season we were basically told, "if you cant see that this team is different you are blind."

Just as expectations should have been tempered so should the "sky is falling!" type of points of view. Some struggles now arent the end of the world. It doesnt mean the season is doomed.

Its like people learned how to interpret situations by listening to talk radio extremism. Its either, "we are awesome!" or "fire Rex!" Beat a very beatable Jags team next week and the Bills have a winning record overall and in the conferance. Their playoff chances took a hit today but they are nowhere near dead.

This is what I believe:

• Roman is nowhere near the offensive mastermind he was claimed to be. His offense in SanFran was weak and revolved around running the ball and TE's. Here, he's found a way to make our WR's disappear just as he did there.
  • Rex had 2 great years, and then fell apart as he was outcoached and lost his team mentally. I mean, Marrone lit him up twice last season.
  • Our defense is worse than last year so far. Even with Gilmore and Darby having amazing seasons shutting down 2 of the opposing teams offensive weapons. And with our run defense being stout. We still can't get any pressure. (5 sacks so far vs 20 at this point last season?). Now, they aren't a lot worse, but with a crap offense keeping them on the field so much, any defense would get winded or have a few bad moments. And mentally, I'm proud of them for not just giving up due to knowing they won't get any offensive support.

Yes, he did. And I'll admit it, like most others I was willing to pretend that never happened, or that some other factors explained why we beat up on Rex twice last year.

The three teams we lost too are a combined 14-2 I believe. Not sure about the Giants record. Everybody relax.

So what? Every year for as long as I can remember, this is what we do:

Lose to all but 1 (sometimes in a good year 2) teams with winning records.

Beat most (but not all) teams with losing records.

Guess what you end with? 7-9, 8-8, 9-7. So tired of the same old S**t sandwich.

Did I forget to add the usual "but consider the injuries" excuse?

This is all I'm asking for (it's the mark of an actual competitor vs. a pretender): beat up on bad teams, be competitive AT HOME against good teams. That latter part is still missing.

So what? We didn't lose to a bunch of scrubs. Our schedule looks a lot easier. I can see us getting healthy and go on a winning streak.

But you're probably right,we suck.

You all are silly if you think our roster is bad. Our team is good, just injured.

I'm worried because our offense is legit good this year. Our defense is the problem. You must not be watching the same team I'm watching.

Oh, were watching the same games. it just seems when we play good well coached potential playoff teams. we always score less points than they do. That IMO is a important stat. it is that simple. I put in on coaching. On paper they would appear legit. Sure there are injuries. but like someone else mentioned in a 3 and 9 situation how do 3 yard dump offs get the job done? A couple of times there were receivers open downfield too yet the QB didn't see them or was handcuffed?

The game plan at times was mind boggling. I swear Roman has found Hacketts old playbook in the back of a grey file cabinet somewhere. But I do agree on the D. WTF happened there?

ST's are horrid. It sucks when you cannot win a single game against a good team. padding the win column against crap teams does nothing. This team is far from a contending playoff team.

Oh, were watching the same games. it just seems when we play good well coached potential playoff teams. we always score less points than they do. That IMO is a important stat. it is that simple. I put in on coaching. On paper they would appear legit. Sure there are injuries. but like someone else mentioned in a 3 and 9 situation how do 3 yard dump offs get the job done? A couple of times there were receivers open downfield too yet the QB didn't see them or was handcuffed?

The game plan at times was mind boggling. I swear Roman has found Hacketts old playbook in the back of a grey file cabinet somewhere. But I do agree on the D. WTF happened there?

ST's are horrid. It sucks when you cannot win a single game against a good team. padding the win column against crap teams does nothing. This team is far from a contending playoff team.

Ok, youre 100% right that the offense played poorly, but I'm not pinning that on Roman. I'm pinning that on Captain Checkdown. He barely looked downfield the entire game.

So what? We didn't lose to a bunch of scrubs. Our schedule looks a lot easier. I can see us getting healthy and go on a winning streak.

But you're probably right,we suck.

I didn't say we suck. I said it's the same old same old. This was the year things were supposed to be different, when we were actually going to beat some of the good teams (at least at home for cripe's sake). But what we're heading for is another playoff-less year. It's damned disappointing and I don't know how anyone would color it anything other than that.

I didn't say we suck. I said it's the same old same old. This was the year things were supposed to be different, when we were actually going to beat some of the good teams (at least at home for cripe's sake). But what we're heading for is another playoff-less year. It's damned disappointing and I don't know how anyone would color it anything other than that.

Georgia Bill, it all depends what you mean by "sucks" -- if you mean we're the Cleveland Browns, well, no, we don't suck like that. But then again, let's ask it this way:

Is the distance between the Browns and the Bills greater, or less, than the distance between the Bills and the Pats? I think any honest person would have to say we're a lot closer to the bottom than we are to the top.

It's a different kind of suck, but still ...

Edited by The Frankish Reich

Not worse, but please someone take the great Roman off the teams hands next season for a HC gig

To think some are worried about him getting poached.

It seems the great Roman is clueless when our drives start inside our 15 yard line. Play calling is way too conservative. It seems he has no confidence in anyone when backed up - and we have been backed up plenty the last 3 weeks.

The three teams we lost too are a combined 14-2 I believe. Not sure about the Giants record. Everybody relax.

Correct. But not really competitive against any of the 3 -- at home. Not what people would like to see for a team with ambitions that go beyond "maybe if things play out just right we can sneak into the playoffs and go one and done."

Georgia Bill, it all depends what you mean by "sucks" -- if you mean we're the Cleveland Browns, well, no, we don't suck like that. But then again, let's ask it this way:

Is the distance between the Browns and the Bills greater, or less, than the distance between the Bills and the Pats? I think any honest person would have to say we're a lot closer to the bottom than we are to the top.

It's a different kind of suck, but still ...

The Browns don't look that bad

Giants are leading the division with 3 W's in a row.

I really feel the ST have taken a downturn these last couple weeks

Just look at starting field position for both teams today.

hard to overcome that. How is that for an excuse?

Roman is fine. Thurman's side of the ball is struggling up front , but the secondary aint bad. Rambo screwed it, but Duke played a decent game finally.

Manuel could have played better for sure but he did not lose the game today. He just did not win it!

When some posters tried to temper the expectations coming into the season we were basically told, "if you cant see that this team is different you are blind."

Just as expectations should have been tempered so should the "sky is falling!" type of points of view. Some struggles now arent the end of the world. It doesnt mean the season is doomed.

Its like people learned how to interpret situations by listening to talk radio extremism. Its either, "we are awesome!" or "fire Rex!" Beat a very beatable Jags team next week and the Bills have a winning record overall and in the conferance. Their playoff chances took a hit today but they are nowhere near dead.

Define "doomed."

The mark of success in this season for this team is making the playoffs. Failing to make the playoffs is what I would call "doomed."

I would be very surprised if we make the playoffs based on what we've seen so far.

We are looking like an 8-8, maybe 9-7 team.