[closed]Sentiment on EJ

Feelings on starting E.J   

93 members have voted

1. 1. What are your feelings about seeing how E.J. Has progressed?

• Dreading it, can't wait for TT to return
    • Mixed..
    • Excited, been rooting for EJ since draft day and now we get to see what he's got

I just wanted to see how the board felt about EJ getting the start. I know I can't give all of the options of how you feel about it so leave a comment.

I for one am excited to see what he's got before we send him packing at the end of his rookie contract, I would have gotten sick if he left and flourished for another team with out kicking the tires again

Look, I like Tyrod...and I think that we will probably go back to him as soon as he is healthy. But if an injury was going to happen, I would prefer to kick the tires and see what we have on EJ at this particular point in the season, between brutal slogs. Let's see if he can put it all together when given full reign.

Still think they made the right decision in starting Tyrod and unless EJ totally lights it up for two weeks, then Tyrod should get his job back

when better. But after his progress in the off- pre-season, I am excited to see EJ get a chance to play and I expect him to play well. I think the

light turned on for him a bit going into year 3. And I'm sure for at least the first game they won't ask him to do too much, unless we're getting killed

and it's the only option.

Anyhow, If Sammy and Karlos are back I think he'll do good, without them it would be tough sledding again whether it was Tyrod or EJ behind center.

I like Tyrod and hope he comes back kicking ass.

That being said, I also like EJ, and I think his development was botched by Marrone and company. He's shown flashes, and obvious limitations... But then looked pretty polished all of a sudden this preseason. I'm excited to see if he has more success this time around, but I won't be judging it by this one game against an undefeated team, and likely missing serious weapons.

Either way, he's a Bill, and everyone should be rooting for him.

I have been very critical of Taylor, but one of his better qualities is that he doesn't make huge mistakes. He is very conservative and patient with the ball (against NY, to a fault). For EJ to take the position, he is going to have to bring a big game with him. I'm excited to see if he does it. Tough matchup.

I honestly don't think EJ can live up to the expectations that Taylor has brought to the offense with his legs.

The Bills are completely devoid of a decent run game with no Freddy, no McCoy, No Karlos, and the new guy just brought up is now on IR. All he has now is slomo Boobie. The Bills should seriously look at Ray Rice, and some new talent for the O line. RG-RT.

Looks like Harvin is playing hurt because he can't seem to get any separation at all.

But then again if the kid didn't do that bad in Mr Can't Hackett's offense for two games... then perhaps he can survive for a game or two.

To date EJ has been given a bum rap mostly by the old coaching staff. He had a great preseason. I am looking forward to watching play, to see how he has developed. I would rather give him a shot than throw him onto the scrapheap like so many other young NFL QB's TT is the man, but lets see what EJ can do. With the way TT plays he is going to get hurt let see if EJ is a worthy back up.

Edited by shane nelson

I have been very critical of Taylor, but one of his better qualities is that he doesn't make huge mistakes. He is very conservative and patient with the ball (against NY, to a fault). For EJ to take the position, he is going to have to bring a big game with him. I'm excited to see if he does it. Tough matchup.

I agree that TT is conservative, and more trust worthy. Was actually going to make that the an option for feeling mixed

During the spring there was a thread here about Ryan Tannehill that went along the lines of who'd we want to see as the Bills QB, him or EJ. Tannehill never impressed vs. the Bills, didn't show much clutch play especially late in the season and now has the big contract. I said that I really wanted to see EJ play in this offense for these coaches because I thought this situation is more suited to bringing the best out of him.

My take on the situation:

Bengals are good, the Bills of the past few weeks would be unlikely to beat them. I have not been optimistic about this game for the past few weeks. I'm not sure if EJ versus Tyrod will make a big difference. Defense must dominate.

Next is the Jaguars, who are not very good, and the Bills should be fine with EJ.

Next is the bye week, I don't think it matters.

Next is the Dolphins. They are not very good. The Bills should be fine with EJ.

Next is the Jets. Now things get interesting. I hope either EJ is doing great, or Tyrod is ready to play.

I agree that TT is conservative, and more trust worthy. Was actually going to make that the an option for feeling mixed

The interesting thing, though, is we get to see what EJ can do, early in the season, and TT gets to rest. If EJ blows it, TT probably comes back sometime after the bye and we go forward knowing for sure the staff made the right choice (for those of us who questioned it). I was in the "EJ camp" because I like pocket passers over runners, but I have no idea if he can continue his play from the preseason, consistently. We will have some serious questions answered the next two weeks, which is great for everyone.

Edited by JCJanko

My only thought about Ej's performance in pre-season is he may not have been facing the best defenders and defensive schemes making him look vastly improved. I hope that is not the case and he does in fact play well. I was expecting a tough game this week even with TT at the helm. Now I just have my fingers crossed and hope EJ is true to his word and will let it fly! Go Bills!!

My only thought about Ej's performance in pre-season is he may not have been facing the best defenders and defensive schemes making him look vastly improved. I hope that is not the case and he does in fact play well. I was expecting a tough game this week even with TT at the helm. Now I just have my fingers crossed and hope EJ is true to his word and will let it fly! Go Bills!!

He looked darn good in his one start against the Steelers and some of the throws he made in the other PS games were outstanding regardless of who was on the field in opposition.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I am okay with EJ if he needs to play. I think that he has improved quite a bit. He can hold down the fort for a couple of weeks if Tyrod is out. John Murphy certainly isn't convinced that Tyrod is out.

I didn't vote on the poll because I don't really care if he plays. I care only if he plays well. It makes no difference to me who plays. My opinion is based strictly on what is best for the Bills in terms of wins and losses. I will support EJ if and when he is out there.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I am okay with EJ if he needs to play. I think that he has improved quite a bit. He can hold down the fort for a couple of weeks if Tyrod is out. John Murphy certainly isn't convinced that Tyrod is out.

Really? EDIT: About John Murphy. What has he said?

Me, too. But the thing that was encouraging was that he was consistent, and his throws were excellent. Just perfect 99% of the time. He didn't look that good previously.

Edited by JCJanko