Release Mulligan...

Nick O'Leary is going to be a star in this league. They should make him active and release mulligan. The lack of preseason stardom doesn't matter. Nothing until the guy has a chance during the season. He has the most upside and can be real effective on the field. Why he isn't starting is beyond me.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick O'Leary is going to be a star in this league. They should make him active and release mulligan. The lack of preseason stardom doesn't matter. Nothing until the guy has a chance during the season. He has the most upside and can be real effective on the field. Why he isn't starting is beyond me.

Most upside? dude is slow and small. Upside usually has to do with physical gifts. Oleary has few. He's a football player, but not very gifted in my eyes.

Regarding Mulligan......I can't believe he's still on the team after last weeks showing. He was beat repeatedly. Put kujo out there to block. Kujo is probably a better receiving option as well. How sad is that?

I agree with the posters here, he doesnt seem to be an impact guy. Would rather see kujo or even gragg or marQUis in that spot.

Can a player on IR (Gray) replace a teammate on active roster?

And I signed the petition to ban AlwaysBilleve instead; it has a better chance of doing something. :nana:

Sign my petition, please.

No

Can a player on IR (Gray) replace a teammate on active roster?

No, IR'd players do not count against the active roster and an IR'd player not designated for return can not return to the active roster if another player is cut

He has been superbly underwhelming thus far. Like a turnstile, and offers no catching ability, so why not just put another OL there?

In at least one game situation that I saw (not last week), Taylor dumped off to him with unblocked pressure in his face. He went down and dug out a shoestring pass, tucked it away, got up and pushed forward for a short gain instead of a several yard loss. He got clobbered.

Clay, who has great hands, did not go down and dig out a similar shoestring pass which would have got him clobbered vs. Titans.

On several plays vs Titans, I saw Mulligan deliver some critical pass blocking. Was he run blocking well last week no, but none of our line was. Why don't we fire them all and bring in some guys driving taxis who would doubtless do better?

same reason why people hated Lee Smith

Because they are irrational? From what I have seen on Raiders chat the Raiders fans are very happy with signing of Lee Smith,

Lee smith has been the most underrated fa signing this yr for raiders. That dude is a man!! Wouldnt want to fight him. great signing by RM

Love me some Lee Smith! Underrated signing for the raiders
Lee Smith is an old school Raiders tightend, plays to the whistle and beyond.
LOL even on special teams Lee Smith is blocking past the whistle. He was meant to play for the #Raiders
Watching Lee Smith, he just keeps going with his blocks which is part of why defenders get angry with him. Like it. Sets the tone.

I don't see his value. He is supposedly a tremendous run blocker, yet I haven't seen anything. Traditionally I thought Roman would be more inclined to role out a 6th OL than play a blocking TE. That's basically what Mulligan is anyways. He offers zero pass catching value and is inadequate in pass pro (see sack vs. Titans). His roster spot can definitely be put to better use

are you the offensive coordinator ? then you dont need to "see the value" this sound like a howard simon comment....Howard your not the coach or gm nor have you ever played anything in the world of athletics....but i'll tell you how a locker room reacts

are you the offensive coordinator ? then you dont need to "see the value" this sound like a howard simon comment....Howard your not the coach or gm nor have you ever played anything in the world of athletics....but i'll tell you how a locker room reacts

It doesn't take an NFL GM to see this guy is a non-threat in the passing game. What is his upside? Say over a 6th OL? If Clay goes down, can Mulligan fill that role? I'm not an NFL mind, nor do I know anything about Roman's opinions, but I do have common sense.

Mandatory quota for slow unathletic white TE. NBA as Charles Barkely pointed out also has the mandatory big white oaf roster spot.

More seriously, Chandler was as good or a better blocker and would have been a nice 1-2 punch with Clay.

More seriously, chandler was not as good a blocker and I don't l think that mulligan is a great one

but atleast might've given the defender second thought about threat of pass.vthat move at TE2 surprised me more than QB3 of RB4 and I've never been a huge chandler fan

Edited by NoSaint

I mean, Cassel thought his job was safe as backup placeholder.

Garrison Sandbourne never gets hurt and has been a staple for this team for years. He delivered a baby last week in the stands during the second qtr and nobody even noticed.

Well played.

In truth, my comment was only partially tongue-in-cheek.

I remember the Redskins lost their long-snapper to injury mid-game last year, and could not attempt a FG or a punt for the remainder of the game because they didn't have a second guy on their roster that could long snap.

I know it's unlikely, but teams really do need a second guy that can long-snap. Long snappers cover punts and are exposed to high-speed collisions just like any other ST guy.

My preference would be to have a TE or a FB that can both long snap and contribute reliably in the offense; Mulligan falls short in the latter.