Source: EJ Manuel to start Sunday for Tyrod Taylor

YoloinOhio

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ProFootballDoc

David J. Chao, MD Retweeted YardsPerPass.com

By video, grade 1/2 left MCL sprain for TYROD TAYLOR. Could play as pocket QB but several weeks before dynamic again

That should been a fine from that angle. That was overly aggressive and deliberate. where is our very own Roger Goodell on this matter?

I'd bet on Sammy and Karlos being available.

i bet on no Karlos.

This is quite the situation...

If EJ plays very well Tyrod probably doesn't start again OR we get non-stop drama about the QB.

If he plays poorly for a few games the season is pretty much over.

Injuries have decimated this team. Remember when we had "too many" RBs? I would just always carry 4 good ones because inevitably they will be hurt.

Interesting parallels to flutie~johnson. Scrambling, fighting, underwized winner (so far) who has the backing of the team vs. Prototype qb who hasn't proved himself. Seems to be lacking the antipathy that flutie and johnson had for each other, but who knows.

Interesting parallels to flutie~johnson. Scrambling, fighting, underwized winner (so far) who has the backing of the team vs. Prototype qb who hasn't proved himself. Seems to be lacking the antipathy that flutie and johnson had for each other, but who knows.

The difference is that Tyrod is good and EJ could turn out to be good. Flute and Johnson both sucked.

The difference is that Tyrod is good and EJ could turn out to be good. Flute and Johnson both sucked.

In 1998 they were BOTH good.

In 1999 Flutie again got most of the snaps but was ineffective and Johnson was good in limited PT.

If ever there were two QB's to platoon....it was those two.

Without each other they did both suck.

Can we please stop calling it a horse collar? It was a handful of jersey, not the neck of the shoulder pads, that is a horse collar.

Like I said.......with the super tacky gloves these guys are wearing now the defenders do not need to grab the collar to have the effect of a horse collar.

A grasp high upon the back of jersey that buckles the knees and is followed by the defender using that leverage to throw himself on that players legs is no different than a bare hand reaching into the collar to drag down a player 10 years ago.

The play Bradham made........tackling Mariota by the middle of the numbers on his back.......you just never saw that kind of stuff before everyone was wearing these sticky gloves.

Edited by #BADOL

The rule needs to be updated for the current state of equipment and re-written to include the area above the numbers as part of the collar.

What has changed since the rule first came into play is that now players have gloves that can latch onto a missile in mid-flight.

You never used to see players tackled by one handed grabs of the back of the jersey and grasping the jersey high is what creates the leverage to do the damage that is intended to be avoided by the horse collar rule.

Hence, the difference between the Bradham tackle.....mid jersey......and the Brown tackle....above the numbers.

This is a good post.....I agree

The rule needs to be updated for the current state of equipment and re-written to include the area above the numbers as part of the collar.

What has changed since the rule first came into play is that now players have gloves that can latch onto a missile in mid-flight.

You never used to see players tackled by one handed grabs of the back of the jersey and grasping the jersey high is what creates the leverage to do the damage that is intended to be avoided by the horse collar rule.

Hence, the difference between the Bradham tackle.....mid jersey......and the Brown tackle....above the numbers.

I don't disagree.

Like I said.......with the super tacky gloves these guys are wearing now the defenders do not need to grab the collar to have the effect of a horse collar.

A grasp high upon the back of jersey that buckles the knees and is followed by the defender using that leverage to throw himself on that players legs is no different than a bare hand reaching into the collar to drag down a player 10 years ago.

The play Bradham made........tackling Mariota by the middle of the numbers on his back.......you just never saw that kind of stuff before everyone was wearing these sticky gloves.

Maybe I'm old school, but I think gloves should be banned.

As an ex-receiver, I hate seeing WRs grab balls with gloves that some of them couldn't grab with bare naked hands. Rain? Snow? The elements are part of the game in open air stadiums. It requires skill and training to adapt.

No gloves would also make jersey-pulling tackles less frequent.

Which is exactly how the refs have been calling them. Any grab above the numbers is a penalty.