Source: EJ Manuel to start Sunday for Tyrod Taylor

YoloinOhio

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Logic of the move: backup/third string QB on the roster who is old and nearing the end of his career. have two young promising QBs on the roster that you have decided you are more interested in. Can't really afford to keep all three and sign Dareus. Oportunity arrises to actually get something for Cassel (washed up veteran) who would otherwise jsut get cut at somepoint. To me this is a no brainer decision and the right call by the Bills. As an NFL club you can't waste a lot of time and money planning for your third string QB that you really hope will never see the field. I challenge you and all other Cassel supporters to find another team in the league that has an impressive or even viable 3rd string QB.

Yeah we could, because we did.

I honestly don't care about money, and nor should the Bills given that they're under the cap. More importantly, they cut him and resigned him at an affordable price just before the season! And they have virtually nothing invested in the QB position money-wise!

But we have actual talent that we want to retain. $3m is $3m and I think if Cassel is going to start at QB, potentially without a running game this week, kiss the season goodbye. He just isn't that good. Weeden might be better than him.

true, but i still stand by the second part that i'd rather the in game interchangeables fill our roster than a 3rd string qb

Who got a raise as a result of Cassel being cut? No one.

The Bills were under the cap, Pooj, and they had just resigned Cassel at a very affordable price.

This is quite the situation...

If EJ plays very well Tyrod probably doesn't start again OR we get non-stop drama about the QB.

If he plays poorly for a few games the season is pretty much over.

Injuries have decimated this team. Remember when we had "too many" RBs? I would just always carry 4 good ones because inevitably they will be hurt.

I'll root to win but greatly doubt the fight that EJ has compared to Tyrod.Ej just doesn't have a winning mentality..........you can't just get one of those in an offseason.

Tyrod wants to win.

There isn't a soul in that building that doubts that EJ wants to win.

If you don't think he's got the late drive to win, go back and watch the Carolina, Atlanta, and Jax games from 2013

Logic of the move: backup/third string QB on the roster who is old and nearing the end of his career. have two young promising QBs on the roster that you have decided you are more interested in. Can't really afford to keep all three and sign Dareus. Oportunity arrises to actually get something for Cassel (washed up veteran) who would otherwise jsut get cut at somepoint. To me this is a no brainer decision and the right call by the Bills. As an NFL club you can't waste a lot of time and money planning for your third string QB that you really hope will never see the field. I challenge you and all other Cassel supporters to find another team in the league that has an impressive or even viable 3rd string QB.

Dareus had already gotten his new contract before Cassel was re-signed. They were under the cap. They faced no cap issues by keeping him. Now, the Bills do not have a viable 3rd QB.

Let's look at the worst case scenario, friends.

Taylor misses next two games, then there's a bye, so that's nearly 4 weeks before the Miami game. The Bills have a defense that is capable of winning games, and after Cinci they play the Jagoffs in London.

Not going to throw away the season on this news...

No reason to trade Cassel for a bag of magic beans, though ...

they didn't trade him for a bag of magic beans they traded him for a draft pick next year. Something that quite honestly a journeyman veteran QB nearing retirement (also a veteran who has had a mediocre to bad career) is not worth. It is absolutely amazing that the Bills managed to get anything for a player who they had cut a week before and cleared waivers because NOBODY IN THE LEAGUE WANTED HIM! This was brilliantly played by Whaley and friends I'm sorry.

Does anyone know whose record Tyrod broke? I've tried to find it but can's seem to find Bills single game records. My guess would be Flutie, but not sure. Maybe JP?

Looked to me like Hotrod took himself out of the game for that one play.

What about Joe Cribbs or someone really in the archives?

I was thinking that too, he got up and grabbed the knee right away and then tried to walk it off.

Yup.. he grabs his knee and is in obvious pain. Plus he took a shot right to the knee as he caught it.

The way this offense uses Tyrod he was never going to last.

I dream of watching Brady go out of a pass and take that type of shot....

Dareus had already gotten his new contract before Cassel was re-signed. They were under the cap. They faced no cap issues by keeping him. Now, the Bills do not have a viable 3rd QB.

It's worth noting that Cassel's cap savings can be rolled into 2016, where the team really will need the space.

Let's look at the worst case scenario, friends.

Taylor misses next two games, then there's a bye, so that's nearly 4 weeks before the Miami game. The Bills have a defense that is capable of winning games, and after Cinci they play the Jagoffs in London.

Not going to throw away the season on this news...

Again I say: if EJ can go 1-1 over the next two games, and Tyrod returns after the bye week, we'll be in fine shape.

No reason to trade Cassel for a bag of magic beans, though ...

Yes there was. You're choosing not to buy the fact that TT and EJ are similar QB's and that those magic beans are/were more valuable than 1.) Cassel on the PS or 2.) having to completely adjust the game plan if Cassel is still your backup and has to come in to relieve TT.

He didn't take himself out, he had to come out for a play due to NFL rules.

Mallet took himself out of the Texan's game the other week -- and never got his job back

They are on their 3rd qb now? Lol i knew Hoyer lost to Mallet. Now who starts? Savage