Will Kromer's return help the OL?

It sure can't hurt. I think we all forget that yet again new systems being installed on both sides of the ball.

New systems are a blessing as well because teams don't have tape on your players executing them.

Been quite a lot of first year success stories with new regimes in recent years and that's not coincidence.

I think most teams now know that you should go hard after it in year one with a new regime.

No more year-long talent evaluations like with Greggo, Jauron and Gailey. :doh:

It sure can't hurt. I think we all forget that yet again new systems being installed on both sides of the ball.

I didn't forget.

But it's worth reminding the instant gratification segment.

Betting it comes together sooner than later ( playoffs ! )

New systems are a blessing as well because teams don't have tape on your players executing them.

Been quite a lot of first year success stories with new regimes in recent years and that's not coincidence.

I think most teams now know that you should go hard after it in year one with a new regime.

No more year-long talent evaluations like with Greggo, Jauron and Gailey. :doh:

because they have not, executed them? We are five games in. The novelty is gone.

But Roman has a massive playbook so that hardly my worry. The players need to get dialed in.

And I think Kromer suspension was a surprise and a setback

One more week to go in his team-imposed 6-game suspension. The O-line play had gotten steadily worse. Our tackles and tight end Mulligan are getting beat like drums. They can't open any run holes either, forcing the Bills to throw more or expose TT on runs. My question is how bad is our line and is it mainly due to Kromer's absence?

It depends on what he was doing during suspension and whether he has been provide off-the-books advice to temporary OL coach.

If he has been watching film and saw things which he thinks he can fix but did not because he followed the rule and did not have contact with team.

Maybe he has even looked at available free agents to recommend for the Bills to bring in.

because they have not, executed them? We are five games in. The novelty is gone.

But Roman has a massive playbook so that hardly my worry. The players need to get dialed in.

And I think Kromer suspension was a surprise and a setback

The novelty may be gone to you but time and tape are critical to your opponent when they basically have just a day each week to bang together a game plan.

The advantage of familiarity with your own system is good........if your team is legit.

If not, that tape is your enemy and we've seen a lot of coaching staffs come out guns blazin' and make a run to the playoffs in year 1and then get exposed in year 2.

It's an NFL reality.

The novelty may be gone to you but time and tape are critical to your opponent when they basically have just a day each week to bang together a game plan.

The advantage of familiarity with your own system is good........if your team is legit.

If not, that tape is your enemy and we've seen a lot of coaching staffs come out guns blazin' and make a run to the playoffs in year 1and then get exposed in year 2.

It's an NFL reality.

I guess i understand film study. But the Bills and all teams have guys that do just this all the time. They game plan all season and off season. Its just a continual tweaking till game day.

The Coaches and assistants live this ! The players might get the download game week and just need execute. And sure everything! is in flux till Sunday.

the trends and tells from the Bills cant be note worthy yet. They are still trying to find something that works lol

Edited by 3rdand12

One more week to go in his team-imposed 6-game suspension. The O-line play had gotten steadily worse. Our tackles and tight end Mulligan are getting beat like drums. They can't open any run holes either, forcing the Bills to throw more or expose TT on runs. My question is how bad is our line and is it mainly due to Kromer's absence?

no

I think it can help. A lot depends on what Kromers relationship is with each of his players.

Kromer has been studying his players a ton and I am sure he will be able to help them with technique during the week and also during the game. When a player gets tired, technique is the first thing that breaks down.

Kromer was hired for a reason and I think his absence has been felt. If not, why have him on the staff at all?!

I don't know how much having Kromer back will help. At this point in the season, the offense and offensive line scheme has been installed. The players on the OL know whats expected of them in the scheme, it's up to the to execute it. If it's an issue of blocking fundamentals then it's way way too late to do anything and with the CBA there just isn't time on the practice field to spend doing fundamentals. They need to install the game plan, practice specific scenarios, etc. I suppose maybe he can help identify problems during game day and help identify breakdowns but Anderson could do the same thing.

So coaches can't help during the season? Why would you expect the assistant to be as strong as the coach? Doesn't make much sense.

Offensive line is all about technique, and five playing as one. If the coach isn't there to do his job to help them then the players might not play to their potential. I'd imagine its the same with any positional coach not being there for the players. Only this time there is a rookie at RG, and a 2nd year at RT who needs some serious help.